PDA

View Full Version : Say Goodbye to YANKEE STADIUM...

GrndSlm
08-01-2008, 02:41 PM
I thought that we may use this thread to state your most memorable experience at either of the famous NY stadiums....

I recently got on the field at Yankee Stadium and took some infield dirt !! What an experience. I also managed to take this photo which was another great moment.

GrndSlm@aol.com
Juan Iglesias

yanks12025
08-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Well for me i would say my first yankee game with my father but i cant remember anything about that game just that they lost. So ill have to go with going to game 2 vs the twins in the 2004 playoffs with my father as number 1. The yankees won in extra innings(also got my first BP ball).
But close behind is a game that Jeter hit a walk-off homerun vs the red soxs in the bottom of the 9th in 2005. I had brought 2 of my friends and we all got BP balls which was cool.

And for fun, some of the bad games i went to is that i witnessed Mariano Rivera blow 5 saves. I guess im bad luck.

allstarsplus
08-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Juan - Great picture! My favorite moment was when I was 6 or 7 years old visiting my grandparents in the Bronx and passed by Yankee Stadium and my parents shared stories from their youth when it truly was "The House That Ruth Built".

This years All Star experience in Yankee Stadium and NYC was really fun for me and will always cherish that.

By the way Juan, when you decide to come back to Washington DC, call me as I upgraded my seats to better ones than I was in back in 2005.

Not exactly standing with ARod, but I was sitting in his interview seat at the All Star game.

metsbats
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Nice photo Juan!

Did you get a chance to ask ARod about blonde bats and we're not talking about Madonna.:p

David

metsbats
08-01-2008, 07:35 PM
During the mid 70's my uncle used to take us to games at Yankee Stadium and we'd sit in the nose bleed sections to watch the games.

I was fortunate to see both baseball games and Jets football games at Shea growing up in Queens.

Being in attendance during the 2000 season for the Bobby Jones 1 hitter NLDS playoff win against the Giants and the NLCS game 7 clincher against the Cards and the 1999 Robin Ventura grand slam single game are great memories but the good times I had in the stands will be the memories I'll cherish most of Shea.

David

Vintagedeputy
08-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Yankee Stadium, 1979? perhaps.

Sitting in the way up high bleachers. Some big fat guy had a huge brown paper bag, probably about 4 feet tall. It was filled with stale bagels. Dont know how he got it in the stadium, unless it was wearing a dress. Well, this joker starts whipping bagels off the upper deck. Rock hard, stale bagels are flying like UFO's off the upper deck, hitting people down below. I'm surprised he didnt kill anyone.

Now, I think he was an ass for doing that, but when I was 9, man that was some funny stuff! I almost wet myself laughing so hard.