PDA

View Full Version : opinions on this Buccaneers helmet

jake33
08-01-2008, 07:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/85-Game-Used-TAMPA-BAY-BUCCANEERS-Helmet-KEITH-BROWNER_W0QQitemZ220263992027QQihZ012QQcategoryZ86 828QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Let me know what you think, thanks!

ndevlin
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
No nothing about the helmet, but have bought bats from this person before and have had absolutely no problems with him as a seller at all.

aeneas01
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
based purely on the photos the seller supplied, i would say the helmet looks to be authentic. but if you are genuinely interested in this helmet i would ask the seller for the following:

1. a photo of the back of the helmet
2. the date code found on the inside of the shell below the ear hole

helmets
08-01-2008, 07:06 PM
based purely on the photos the seller supplied, i would say the helmet looks to be authentic. but if you are genuinely interested in this helmet i would ask the seller for the following:

1. a photo of the back of the helmet
2. the date code found on the inside of the shell below the ear hole

My only concern from the photos is the mask. Did the Bucs ever wear an orange mask? They wore a Peach colored mask that is much lighter than the standard orange that is still offered. It was a special order color from Schutt, and to my knowledge, no other team ever wore it. They are very rare to find in any condition. If you look at photos of the Bucs you can see the color. The majority of all Bucs lids that are offered have the orange mask instead of the peach. People that put the helmets together can not find the peach masks so they use orange. Help me out Robert...did the Bucs ever wear orange masks? Here is a photo from 92 or 93 of Reggie Cobb...