PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Tigers & Chicago White Sox 7-26-08 Goodies

larry bourget
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
I had lunch in Detroit today and while i was there i stopped in to see Authentics Manager Marc Himelstein, he gave me the tour of his cage, he has some amazing stuff, 7 lockers of older Tigers jerseys from 1993-2006. I also got to view Detroit Tigers 2008 set 1 home jerseys, i think the Pudge was still available. He also showed me the leftover Detroit Stars & Chicago Americans 7-26-08 Negro League Tribute Game jerseys, with these you get for the Detroit,the jersey,pants,hat, jerseys are auto'd, with Chicago you get the jersey & pants. Prices are very reasonable.

If anyone is interested in aquiring any call the Tigers and ask to be put thru to Marc.

regards,
larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

ham1963
07-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I p/u up the Dotel WhiteSox uniform. I checked the box score and he pitched 1.1 innings. I am looking for a pic of Dotel in the uniform.
John :D

larry bourget
07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
I hear that Verlander took out his pitching performance frustration on his jersey.

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

thomecollector
07-31-2008, 03:14 PM
I picked up the Thome Negro Leagu Uniform. Jersey,Pants. I got them to throw iin the socks. Sadly not hats. Also, the Sox didn't sign them. KW said they had to big of a series to worry about signing them,What a @@#$ !:D

platinum1
08-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I just picked up the Dawayne Wise Uniform Thanks to Marc. This guy is superfast and great to deal with. I also found a picture of DeWayne

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3120/2707493330_a34d152de0_o.jpg

thomecollector
08-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Have you recieved it yet ??

platinum1
08-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Have you recieved it yet ??
No I havent did you? and How did you get him to through in the Socks? I asked him for the Socks also and he said he didnt get them. But that if he got them later he would send them.

platinum1
08-01-2008, 03:59 PM
I found a couple of pictures of the game if anyone is interested? I have found picture of Carlos Quentin, A.J , Orlando Cabrera,Jermaine Dye,Octavio Dotel,John Danks, Josh Fields & Bobby Jenks. If anyone finds pictures of Wise can you please let me know. Thanks

thomecollector
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Not yet. He seems to be a bit slow in responding. Not sure how it will be sent. I ask him about the socks and hat last Thursday when I inquired about the Thome. He said that when he got them on Monday, he had to track down the matching pants. He said the must have kept the hats. Because there weren't any Sox hats. But he found a pair of socks he threw in. How bad did he get you for the Wise uniform ? ;)

platinum1
08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
It's was $300. I was kinda happy because Wise started the game and went 1 for 4 but I had originaly asked for the Bobby Jenks uniform. I had send him an email during the game asking him if the uniform was going to be available. But I never got a responce until the list came out on Monday and I wasnt home to see it. I was at the stupid work conditioning program for my back:mad:

thomecollector
08-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Ouch ! I paid $1200 :mad: where did you find those pics ? I guess I'll have to wait to get it signed later this year..

platinum1
08-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Ouch ! I paid $1200 :mad: where did you find those pics ? I guess I'll have to wait to get it signed later this year..
$1200 is not bad. I tried looking for a Thome pic but couldnt fine one. I shouldnt have a problem getting Wise to sign my jersey,:D

ham1963
08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I got the Octavio Dotel jersey and pants today (Friday) Hey platinum1 did you say you had a pic of Octavio Dotel?? If so can you e-mail me at baseball3000@bellsouth.net

thanks,
John:D

thomecollector
08-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Can I ask when you bought the Dotel ? How did you pay? How did they send it ? Just trying to get an idea when i might get mine. thanks!

ham1963
08-02-2008, 04:54 PM
thomecollector: Can I ask when you bought the Dotel ? How did you pay? How did they send it ? Just trying to get an idea when i might get mine. thanks

Thomecollector,
I bought the Dotel on Monday when the list came out. The Tigers use the same shipping service as the rest of MLB which is DHL.
Hope that helps
John

platinum1
08-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Did anyone else get there jersey from the Tigers yet? I'm still waiting

thomecollector
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Just got mine today. I am pumped ! Worth every nickle. Plus all the greif my wife has given me. :D I'll try to post some pics later.

platinum1
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Just got mine today. I am pumped ! Worth every nickle. Plus all the greif my wife has given me. :D I'll try to post some pics later.
CRAP!:mad: I cant wait to get mine. Was it shiped thru DHL? Did you also get the Socks with it?

thomecollector
08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, they sent it DHL 2nd day . It was sent out on Friday I think. Marc said he was out of the office Thurs,Friday. His Assistant took care of them. You'll Probably see it tomorrow. Yes, He sent me a pair of new socks. They are TCK brand football socks. Go figure!:)

platinum1
08-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah, they sent it DHL 2nd day . It was sent out on Friday I think. Marc said he was out of the office Thurs,Friday. His Assistant took care of them. You'll Probably see it tomorrow. Yes, He sent me a pair of new socks. They are TCK brand football socks. Go figure!:)
Thanks for the info. Can you also post pictures of the Socks. Ill just order a brand new pair.

thomecollector
08-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Here's the website for the people who make the socks. They are TCK socks- football. 1/2 white and navy. White on top Navy on the bottom. Prokxl X- large. Hope this helps.
www.twincityknitting.com (http://www.twincityknitting.com)

TNTtoys
11-26-2008, 02:23 PM
I found a couple of pictures of the game if anyone is interested? I have found picture of Carlos Quentin, A.J , Orlando Cabrera,Jermaine Dye,Octavio Dotel,John Danks, Josh Fields & Bobby Jenks. If anyone finds pictures of Wise can you please let me know. Thanks

I have the jersey that was worn by Josh Fields -- if you are able to post or send me the photo of him wearing it, that would be fantastic!

Thanks,
Nick

grenda12
01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Where did you get the Sox Jerseys from?

skyking26
01-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Where did you get the Sox Jerseys from?
The jerseys came straight from the Tigers who made them all available. Friend got the Sox Thome. I wish I would have bought it now, they are very attractive...

grenda12
01-18-2009, 01:42 PM
The jerseys came straight from the Tigers who made them all available. Friend got the Sox Thome. I wish I would have bought it now, they are very attractive...

Who's the friend? How through the Tigers? Some of the previous posts were mentioning of a list?

TNTtoys
01-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Who's the friend? How through the Tigers? Some of the previous posts were mentioning of a list?
The Tigers have an "authentics manager" who distributes a list of all game worn Tigers items acquired by the team. His name is Mark Himelstein. Several of us are on his mailing list and do get frequent updates.
When the Tigers have hosted Negro League heritage weekends, they kept all uniforms used for those series, including those worn by the other team. In 2008, the White Sox jerseys worn on 7/26 all went to the Tigers. Several of us bought these from Mark. I bought the Fields, several coaches jerseys and a few game issued. Unfortunately, none of mine are left.

soxwin1
01-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Ball Park Heroes has 2 for sale. I aquired the Fields from TNT .

Brian
bbmmquick@comcast.net

Always buying... FRANK THOMAS items ....Game used WHITE SOX...

spartakid
01-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Platinum1, shoot me an e-mail in regards to Bobby Jenks. Ricardo

dignasteeeee@yahoo.com

skyking26
01-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Ball Park Heroes has 2 for sale. I aquired the Fields from TNT .

Brian
bbmmquick@comcast.net

Always buying... FRANK THOMAS items ....Game used WHITE SOX...
Brian - you are posting, I've emailed twice with no reply.

grenda12
01-18-2009, 05:31 PM
The Tigers have an "authentics manager" who distributes a list of all game worn Tigers items acquired by the team. His name is Mark Himelstein. Several of us are on his mailing list and do get frequent updates.
When the Tigers have hosted Negro League heritage weekends, they kept all uniforms used for those series, including those worn by the other team. In 2008, the White Sox jerseys worn on 7/26 all went to the Tigers. Several of us bought these from Mark. I bought the Fields, several coaches jerseys and a few game issued. Unfortunately, none of mine are left.

How do you get on the mailing list?

TNTtoys
01-18-2009, 06:29 PM
How do you get on the mailing list?

I'm sure he'd add you if you emailed him... Marc.Himelstein@detroittigers.com

I wish more teams provided the service that he does...

grenda12
01-18-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm sure he'd add you if you emailed him... Marc.Himelstein@detroittigers.com

I wish more teams provided the service that he does...

What does he all email?

skyking26
01-18-2009, 08:19 PM
You will get emails all year. The Tigers sell everything, including the kitchen sink.

AWA85
01-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Sometimes I go through his emails pretty fast, but if I remember correctly.... were there pens or markers offered in the past that were used by the players to sign items?

Wish the Reds had a connection like this guy, makes anything and everything available to the fans.

skyking26
01-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Sometimes I go through his emails pretty fast, but if I remember correctly.... were there pens or markers offered in the past that were used by the players to sign items?

Wish the Reds had a connection like this guy, makes anything and everything available to the fans.
YEP, THEY EVEN SELL THE SHARPIES THE GUYS SIGN WITH FOR $10...