PDA

View Full Version : Don Shula

intheminors
07-29-2008, 08:47 PM
I know this is a game-used forum but I also know a lot of you have autograghed items.

I have been invited to meet Don Shula tomorrow night and wondered what the best thing to get signed would be? I have a friend who runs a very prominent restaurant here who is also a major Dolphins fans. He said he would help me with an item if I wanted something from his collection.

Just wanted to get some thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Kyle

Neely8
07-29-2008, 09:01 PM
I think a Dolphins mini helmet would be nice.

mdube16
07-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Dolphin mini is nice BUT if you are in the south florida area you can pick up an orange bowl seat from Mounted Memories for about $30. They look awsome signed in black....get him to add the 17-0 inscription

intheminors
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. I did end up taking a mini-helmet which he inscribed and he had Shula 347 cards that he signed. But I also took one more item:

For some reason yesterday, I started thinking that Shula was in one of the old Miller Lite "Less Filling... Tastes Great" commercials. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. So, I searched for "Don Shula Beer". I had forgotten that he was in a Super Bowl commercial with Jay Z last year for Budweiser Select. Since I work in a club, I found this and had him sign it. When he saw it, I started in with the story about the commercial and Shula said "I remember that. But I didn't know who Jay Z was when we started filming." Everyone got a good laugh.