PDA

View Full Version : Need help with that Strawberry glove again........

kylehess10
03-08-2006, 01:35 PM
I made a post last week about a Darryl Strawberry game worn glove that I got off of ebay which came with a COA that I've never seen before. Then I was told that the they were given out during Yankees fanfests. Well, I got the glove in the mail today and the glove shows absolutly no use and the COA is a COPY. I can tell by the signature that it was copied. Were theses COA's given out as copies? I really hope that this isn't a fake.

suave1477
03-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Kyle is not out of the ordinary that a signature on a Document is copied especially when they are going to sell tons of stuff you cant expect the dealer to sit there and sign thousands and thousands of LOA'S.

Is the LOA in Color or is it Black and White?

Just to give you an example I have Steiner LOAS and they are authentic but his signature is a copy. You really can't expect him to sit there all day signing LOAS.

As far as the use on a glove, Darryl did go through a lot of gloves so you may not see a lot of use, but there should be some kind of use showing even if it is lite use!!!

kylehess10
03-08-2006, 01:50 PM
whew, thank god. Thanks! btw- the COA is in color

suave1477
03-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Just to give you an idea, I have seen a quite of few times Strawberry would during a batting practice or at a game give away his gloves. So he was constantly using a new batting glove. You can also tell by his bats if his bats our really worn then you would notice it on his glove, but darryl rarely would keep using the same bat over and over so most not all but most of his bats usually show lite use and he wasn't big into alot of pine tar on his bats which would obviously tranfer on to his gloves showing use, but since he didnt use it much it doesnt make the glove look used!!!

kylehess10
03-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Wow, you know a lot about Strawberry. Thanks

suave1477
03-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I would consider myself to be one of the biggest strawberry fans here. I was a huge fan of his starting from the mid 80's when i was kid and to watch him swing his bat was a thing of beauty and before him i really didnt have much interest in watching baseball and after bcuz of him i started watching baseball. His nick name when he first came up into the majors was ( the black joe dimaggio ) he probably could have fulfilled that name or if not come close to it, if it werent for the problems of his personal life. So when everyone turned there back on him bcuz of what he did in his personal life i stood by as a true fan of his on field playing. So I collect a lot of his game used items and baseball cards / sometimes oddball items but not much!!! I am even though I am not certified come pretty close to one of the best authenticators of his autograph. I am very honest about it I will tell you Yes or No or if I am not sure I will tell you just that.