PDA

View Full Version : game used water bottle

joelsabi
07-28-2008, 06:07 PM
is there such a oddball game used item? i know about the shower sandles.

godwulf
07-28-2008, 06:20 PM
I remember seeing an auction some years ago for a "game-used" Gatorade cup.

On the "game-used" bubble gum front, Randy Johnson playfully tossed a big wad of chewed gum onto the front of a t.v. camera while leaving the game the other night; it was retrieved by one of the Diamondbacks broadcasters, who threatened to list in on eBay, and Randy made him give it back to him, saying he might want to chew it again.

thomecollector
07-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I was in Baltimore awhile back during the White Sox series. Jim Thome threw an unopened piece of gum out of his pocket.One of those pieces of Bazooka in a foil pack. It landed on the brick wall behind homeplate. I watch it land, and pounced on it.Maybe I'll have him sign it one day. Nice pick up . Even though it wasn't chewed.:D

OaklandAsFan
07-28-2008, 07:35 PM
I have a "show crushed" can of beer from Stone Cold Steve Austin a few years back when they were in Oakland for a show. I asked someone for the chair that they used in the ring and he said he couldn't give it to me because I might beat someone up with it out in the parking lot then he picked up one of Austin's crushed cans and gave it to me.

bubbrubb25
07-28-2008, 10:08 PM
I have a bottle mike lieberthal drank out of during the 2007 Phillies Phestival,

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/GAME%20USED/Picture5468.jpg

suave1477
07-28-2008, 10:21 PM
I was in Baltimore awhile back during the White Sox series. Jim Thome threw an unopened piece of gum out of his pocket.One of those pieces of Bazooka in a foil pack. It landed on the brick wall behind homeplate. I watch it land, and pounced on it.Maybe I'll have him sign it one day. Nice pick up . Even though it wasn't chewed.:D

Since it hasnt been chewed thats only considered Game Issued lol lol:D

godwulf
07-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I wonder what it would be like to be so famous that people collect your trash?

I remember seeing a guy on t.v. many years ago, who called himself a "garbologist". He specialized in collecting the discarded trash and garbage of celebrities (he knew where they all lived) and then constructing collage portraits of them, using their own refuse. It showed him trying to steal former President Nixon's garbage, and being detained by the Secret Service.

Back to the wide world of sports, though, there are several guys whose discarded water bottle or sunflower seeds bag I would certainly hold onto, I'm not ashamed to admit. I tend to believe that those who say that they would have absolutely no desire to keep something like that, no matter whose it was, are either lying or in a small minority.

bubbrubb25
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
After seeing this thread it makes me a little mad for 1 seeing im not crazy for having the mike lieberthal bottle and 2 because I could have had any bottle that any phillies player drank out of last night for free.

BO34
07-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi this is interesting I received a "game used" water bottle from the Raiders...it's a Bo Med white water bottle that was used and signed by Bo Jackson if you remember he had a company called BO MED that had ankle wraps, water bottles various sports medicine products that he used and endorsed... will try to shoot a picture later...