PDA

View Full Version : A question for Elite????

suave1477
07-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Dear Elite I noticed recently within the past few days your back responding to threads of things your trying to sell.

Yettttttttt there are many posts unanswered by you where members have questions regarding your items.

Can you please answer why???

Or

Answer the over due questions????

trsent
07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Dear Elite I noticed recently within the past few days your back responding to threads of things your trying to sell.

Yettttttttt there are many posts unanswered by you where members have questions regarding your items.

Can you please answer why???

Or

Answer the over due questions????

Doesn't Elite have an email you can ask your question so maybe they will see it?

orioles03
07-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Has Anyone Been Getting There Emails This Week. I Don't Mind But For One I Have Never Signed Up For There Mailing List As I Have Never Bought Anything From Them Or Been On The Website .maybe They Got It From Here .all I Can Say Is In The Emails I Got This Week They Have Had Some Pretty Good Deals .i Just Found That Kind Of Wierd ?

WadeInBmore
07-24-2008, 08:38 AM
I too have been getting their emails, but that is only because I have done business with them in the past. They definately have had some awesome deals. Within all those emails was one that intrigued me...it sounded as if Scot might be out and a new guy might be in. If I am not mistaken Scot was the one that created a bunch of the mess on this forum for elite by misrepresenting items, not responding, and even selling items but not delivering on the deal. For what its worth, my two cents...I think its great to see them posting again as they attempt to get elite back to where they need to be in the game used marketplace as they do represent some pretty big names in the sporting world. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

ahuff
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
E-mails? Sure, I've gotten those. However, has anyone else been getting phone calls? I got 2-3 calls in a 2 day period. The funny thing is that I've never purchased from them, to my recollection.

sarahsdad
07-24-2008, 05:13 PM
I believe that their reputation in the industry is poor. So desperate times call for desperate measures such as the incessant and annoying emails and phone calls. Who on this Forum has purchased anything from them in the past 6 months? I tried to. They took my money and never delivered the product. Had to get a chargeback against them from AMEX.
Sarahsdad

AWA85
07-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I have purchased from them numerous times in the past 6 months and have been very pleased with all of my purchases. Thats just me, some people have had bad experiences and have one opinion that WILL NOT CHANGE.

cjmedina1
07-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Has Anyone Been Getting There Emails This Week. I Don't Mind But For One I Have Never Signed Up For There Mailing List As I Have Never Bought Anything From Them Or Been On The Website .maybe They Got It From Here .all I Can Say Is In The Emails I Got This Week They Have Had Some Pretty Good Deals .i Just Found That Kind Of Wierd ?

Wow and I thought it was just me getting emails from them.Its different if I'd sign up but I didn't sign up or join any special club... So for me I just mark them as a spam so it will go to my spam folder..

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

allstarsplus
07-25-2008, 04:44 AM
I purchased some nice Riddick Bowe items from Scot last month. Very pleased with the items!

skyking26
07-25-2008, 05:51 AM
It seems that people have had either bad or good dealings - not anything in between. I had mailed funds to them in Nov for a Adam Dunn signing and proposed purchase. By late January after poor response they finally paid me back. I was bothered by the fact I said I wanted a gamer mitt and I found out it was sold to another member here for more $$ than it was offered to me. I was not given the chance...

34swtns
07-26-2008, 11:19 AM
While I can't speak to others' past problems with Elite, I can say that since they're just a few miles away I do occasionally bring them some GU items and Scot never hesitates to stroke me a check for whatever I'm asking. It's so much easier than posting something on ebay, watching the skin-flint "chippers" dink and dunk at it for a week and finally end up selling for far less than what I had expected. Elite has been a valuable local commodity for me and until individuals learn to start putting their money where their mouths are, Elite will continue to get business from me. I don't want to sound like a commercial for them but they've never screwed me. Quite the contrary.
I think the great philosopher, Brian Johnson, said it best:
"Money talks....B.S. walks".

3arod13
07-26-2008, 01:14 PM
While I can't speak to others' past problems with Elite, I can say that since they're just a few miles away I do occasionally bring them some GU items and Scot never hesitates to stroke me a check for whatever I'm asking. It's so much easier than posting something on ebay, watching the skin-flint "chippers" dink and dunk at it for a week and finally end up selling for far less than what I had expected. Elite has been a valuable local commodity for me and until individuals learn to start putting their money where their mouths are, Elite will continue to get business from me. I don't want to sound like a commercial for them but they've never screwed me. Quite the contrary.
I think the great philosopher, Brian Johnson, said it best:
"Money talks....B.S. walks".

That all nice, but you have to realize that being that close to Elite and dealing with them, less chance of you getting ripped off or screwed over.

They have way to many negatives and problems with their items and customers, where I believe the negatives seem to overtake the positives.

Reference: Based on everything you read and hear about them.

34swtns
07-26-2008, 01:31 PM
That all nice, but you have to realize that being that close to Elite and dealing with them, less chance of you getting ripped off or screwed over.

They have way to many negatives and problems with their items and customers, where I believe the negatives seem to overtake the positives.

Reference: Based on everything you read and hear about them.

Very true. I know it's gonna be a lot harder for someone to gank me while I'm standing face-to-face with them. But as far as "negatives" with ESM goes, I personally don't have any yet.

markfd
07-26-2008, 01:34 PM
I have not had any experiences with Elite this year but in 2006 and 2007 I got several GU bats from them and I had no problems with the bats themselves, dealing with Elite personnel or shipping times.

Mark

------------

Always looking for Yankees and Nationals Game Used items