PDA

View Full Version : ?Disaster? Avert...

skyking26
07-23-2008, 05:31 PM
We as collectors need to always be on guard for the pitfalls of impending disaster. My sports den in 18x25, so it takes up an area beneath our master bedroom and bath; note bath. When our son was a toddler he overlowed our toilet - water damage occurred in the form of blown out ceiling tiles. We have had at times leaky dishwasher (one wall snags a part of that.) Today, off on a medical leave, I bent down to fill the cats dish near the furnace and saw what I thought was water (furnace room adjacent to sports den). You guessed it, water was coming from condensate leak in furnace air conditioning which was going on a few days, made its way under the wall and dampened the carpet.

I'll take some steps to avert this, but totally averting problems is another. Hopefully we all take a few minutes to check things out daily. If not, perhaps this thread will net me a motivational speaker gig somewhere. I'm available...

griffeyfan
07-23-2008, 08:09 PM
This will be good for a few laughs. I actually have a storm plan that was put to the test several months ago when a tornado passed by our neighborhood. While the wife and dog were shaking in an interior room I was stuffing part of my collection into a huge bag to the sounds of hail. I did it in 43 seconds. I'll have to work on that time.