PDA

View Full Version : Nice Surprise

Blake
07-23-2008, 05:01 AM
I recently picked up a 2006 Drew Bledsoe Cowboys away uniform that was listed as game used against the Redskins, but did not see action as Bledsoe was benched. I saw that the year-size tag was ’05 and not ’06 and had been washed almost completely off. The uniform came with the usual Cowboys COA and Prova tag.

When I received the jersey it showed game use….. and when I checked the Prova registry it is was registered for 2 additional games in which Bledsoe actually played in. Now if I can only photo match the hit marks on the back of the jersey!!

Sometimes you receive an item and it doesnt meet expectations. It's really nice when exceeds them!

Gerald

jayt1234
07-24-2008, 08:47 AM
That is a good thing. I have not seen many Bledose road jersey's out there so it is also a good find. I still think there is a chance he is going into the Hall of Fame.

Also could you send me an email? I wanted to see if you were looking for a possible trade. I have a Chris Canty Throwback jersey (with team COA) so if you are interested please let me know. I am looking for a Canty home white or any other home white jersey you may be looking to let go.

I lost all of my old emails so I no longer have your address.

Thank You,

Jay Thomas
jasonthomas66@yahoo.com

psmachetti
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Sometimes you receive an item and it doesnt meet expectations. It's really nice when exceeds them!

Gerald

Yes it is nice. I had a buddy pick up an '06-'07 Stefan Liv GI Red Wings jersey at the Wings end of year "garage sale" . It was very reasonably priced . When he picked it he noticed some puck marks on the hem. I did a Google search and came up w/some photos of Liv in a Nov. 18, 2006 game v.Oilers in the pre game warmup taking shots. He didn't play but was the backup but that's a lot better than just a prepared jersey that was never worn. As far as I'm concerned he took some shots and sat on the bench during the game. That's game worn in my book. So that was a nice surprise.
Paul