PDA

View Full Version : Tom Glavine 2002 Braves Jersey

griffeyfan
07-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Currently there's a road Braves jersey on e-bay with tagging that I'm unfamiliar with so I'm hoping there's a Braves expert out there to help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOM-GLAVIN-2002-GAME-USED-ATLANTA-BRAVES-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ220260186211QQihZ012QQcategoryZ605 97QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I found a 2002 Glavine Braves road jersey among previous Grey Flannel and American Memorabilia auctions. All have tagging identical to the jersey on e-bay. I've also noticed that other Braves jerseys from 2002 have different tagging (see photo of a 2002 Braves road jersey worn by Smoltz.

Any opinions? Thanks.

jgoldstein2000
07-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I have no thoughts on the tagging but I have dealt with this seller and he has been legit with me.

Lokee
07-23-2008, 12:18 AM
I have also dealt with this seller on a couple occasions and everything was SUPER perfect to the LEGIT item to the packaging A-1.

There is also a whole other topic from a couple months ago and other people had nothing but positive things to say.

BergerKing22784
07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Well I had the same question for him and I sent him a question about the tagging as I am probably going to throw down the big bucks for this jersey as it is my high school graduation year from my favorite team of one of my favorite players.

I have had many transactions with Jim Murray because I am a huge Braves fan and he used to be their BP coach for a billion years. I asked him about why the tagging was difere

Here is his answer:

"Hey Brian Sorry for the delay but I was out of town and then thunderstorms have had my internet down. I have not forgot about you I need to locate the other Millwood Jersey I have packed away. The 2002 tagging on Tom's jersey is correct. Depending on the year teams request different tagging. This was one his set of 2 road jerseys he got that year to play in at the start of the season. During the year when and if others are ordered, tagging may be different. This jersey shows some of the best game wear you will ever see. When he gave it to me in October 2002, he said keep it and when I go to the HALL, you can sell it and buy something you have always wanted. He kept set #1 which I think he gave his dad. After 2000 the braves ordered a lot of different shirts for their star players to use and then give or sell them. If you saw the use on this jersey you would know it was in many games. I asked a expert to give me a price on this jersey and he said 2,500 today. This is as close and anyone can come to getting a game worn jersey from a future HOF except to get it themself from the player. This jersey will be worth 20,000 in 15 years. Just don't think I will be alive then. Hope I will but you never know. If you were going to invest in a great jersey, this is the one no matter what it cost."

Hope that helps!

karamaxjoe
07-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Nice provenance, but I think it's a safe bet that Tom Glavines jerseys will not be worth 20K in fifteen years.

Mike

BergerKing22784
07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
The jersey is already bid up to $1,000 haha oh well I will wait til last minute with my bid! Even though I previously bid.