PDA

View Full Version : Jose's Most Prized Piece Sells for $449.00????

B1SON
07-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Help me understand what just happened here. I watch this item because it had no reserve, was started at $1 and he was selling this item on his website for $9,995.00. The set was at $330.00 with a minute to go, so I bid $444.00 because I knew this was worth a fortune, yet I didn't bid more because I had no real interest in it. I was outbid at the last second at $449.00. The base, the bat, the cleats, the ball, worth $450????? What am I missing here??? I know he's the steroids guy, but wow.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320273792909&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=011

trsent
07-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Help me understand what just happened here. I watch this item because it had no reserve, was started at $1 and he was selling this item on his website for $9,995.00. The set was at $330.00 with a minute to go, so I bid $444.00 because I knew this was worth a fortune, yet I didn't bid more because I had no real interest in it. I was outbid at the last second at $449.00. The base, the bat, the cleats, the ball, worth $450????? What am I missing here??? I know he's the steroids guy, but wow.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320273792909&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=011

Look at the bid history - The guy has canceled all the bids in the listing stating the item is no longer for sale. The problem is eBay has a policy, you must decide this before 12 hours are left or you are responsible.

It will be neat to see how eBay handles this. I know their policy is strong that the listing must be ended with over 12 hours left or the seller is responsible.

Swoboda4
07-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I just looked at it and it appears to have ended normally for 449, not a cancelled auction situation.

trsent
07-19-2008, 11:38 AM
I just looked at it and it appears to have ended normally for 449, not a cancelled auction situation.

Now I look at this sellers completed listings, and he ended all listings that he could involving Jose Canseco. The other items he canceled bids and so far eBay Bidder prosportsinvestments has been the high bidder on two of the last three items involving Jose Canseco.

Just click on the bid history in the listing and you will see the seller canceled bid and stated: "no longer for sale".

I assume Jose Canseco asked him to pull the auctions. I see eBay user prosportsinvestments is prompting an Ultimate Warrior appearance on their web site, so I assume the high bidder is involved with Jose Canseco as the items are not being sold.

B1SON
07-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks. I couldn't figure it out, but I knew something wasn't right. I knew I was never going to own it for that. One way or another.

mailman93
07-19-2008, 01:07 PM
This auction was a joke. He cancelled all the other bids, including someone paying upwards of $40,000. I bid on this, I put a bid of $1,750. also if you noticed, PSI also won the 2 rings he was offering. It will probably come up on their site, for an insane amount of money. I went too bed last night, and it was at $5320. then I get up today, too see it was won for $449. Its a total scam. His reason for cancelling the bids, was it was no longer for sale. I've had problems with this guy in the past, thats why He really didn't want me too bid on his items. Dan

worldchamps
07-19-2008, 01:41 PM
I set a snipe bid and then immediatley tried to cancel it, but it was too late to cancel the snipe. I was glad to see the bids go over my bid. The seller only takes money orders or cashier check, and there is no insurance offered, and there is no ebay insurance offered. Seems way too much like a scam to me.

B1SON
07-19-2008, 01:46 PM
The selling of items by this guy in relation to Jose is totally bizarre. 1st it was the "sexy" pose pic that was removed, then it was a life size statue clock that was removed, now a book signing worn coat. How long will that stay up before its removed? Jose and this guy are both very disturbed individuals.

B1SON
07-19-2008, 01:48 PM
I set a snipe bid and then immediatley tried to cancel it, but it was too late to cancel the snipe. I was glad to see the bids go over my bid. The seller only takes money orders or cashier check, and there is no insurance offered, and there is no ebay insurance offered. Seems way too much like a scam to me.

Who do you use to snipe? Are the prices on sniping reasonable? I have never done it, as I guess I enjoy the thrill of placing it at the last minute myself, but there are times I just can't be at the computer when the auction ends.

trsent
07-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Who do you use to snipe? Are the prices on sniping reasonable? I have never done it, as I guess I enjoy the thrill of placing it at the last minute myself, but there are times I just can't be at the computer when the auction ends.

I recommend BidNapper at www.bidnapper.com (http://www.bidnapper.com) I pay around $50.00 a year for their unlimited snipes service and it works, never fail for me. The only problem, which is not their fault, is if I bid $150.00 on an item and the high bid is $149.95 then I do not get it because it only bids what you request.

As for the Canseco stuff, I know Bernie Gernay is representing him and The Ultimate Warrior and Warrior is advertised on the eBay user: prosportsinvestments web site, so I assume they are all tied into the issues with the listings.

mr.miracle
07-19-2008, 04:12 PM
I recommend BidNapper at www.bidnapper.com (http://www.bidnapper.com) I pay around $50.00 a year for their unlimited snipes service and it works, never fail for me. The only problem, which is not their fault, is if I bid $150.00 on an item and the high bid is $149.95 then I do not get it because it only bids what you request.

As for the Canseco stuff, I know Bernie Gernay is representing him and The Ultimate Warrior and Warrior is advertised on the eBay user: prosportsinvestments web site, so I assume they are all tied into the issues with the listings.

Since Canseco's recent boxing match was a complete disaster maybe he can try his hand at professional wrestling and team up with the Warrior in a tag team wrestling match against Hulk Hogan and Mark McGwire on Pay per view since Bernie is representing both of them. That way the Warrior and Hogan can renew their old rivalry and the Bash Brothers can be reunited on opposite sides of the ring. In the meantime Bernie can make some real dough off of everyone who would flush money down the drain and buy that pay per view contest.

trsent
07-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Since Canseco's recent boxing match was a complete disaster maybe he can try his hand at professional wrestling and team up with the Warrior in a tag team wrestling match against Hulk Hogan and Mark McGwire on Pay per view since Bernie is representing both of them. That way the Warrior and Hogan can renew their old rivalry and the Bash Brothers can be reunited on opposite sides of the ring. In the meantime Bernie can make some real dough off of everyone who would flush money down the drain and buy that pay per view contest.

I TiVo all WWE programming but never buy their pay-per-views so they would strike out with me on that idea. Oh yeah, the reason for my response: Mac would never do that, I believe he has money still while Jose must not be flush as a former SuperStar should be.

mr.miracle
07-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I TiVo all WWE programming but never buy their pay-per-views so they would strike out with me on that idea. Oh yeah, the reason for my response: Mac would never do that, I believe he has money still while Jose must not be flush as a former SuperStar should be.

Maybe Raffy Palmeiro would fill in for Big Mac. He was so adament about not ever taking steroids and so angry at Canseco for outing him that he might be chomping at the bit to get his hands on Jose. The question is, can anybody find Mr. Palmeiro. We might have to launch a spin off of where in the world is Carmen Santiago called where in the world is Raffy Palmeiro.

trsent
07-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Maybe Raffy Palmeiro would fill in for Big Mac. He was so adament about not ever taking steroids and so angry at Canseco for outing him that he might be chomping at the bit to get his hands on Jose. The question is, can anybody find Mr. Palmeiro. We might have to launch a spin off of where in the world is Carmen Santiago called where in the world is Raffy Palmeiro.

I'm susprised The Yankees signed Richie Sexton over Ralphy.