PDA

View Full Version : Positive Ebay post!

BergerKing22784
07-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Well I will give ebay some credit. I know we like to bash them but I am loving all these 10% off coupons and free shipping coupons they mail me! Just bought tickets to a football game and saved 40 bucks gotta love it!

The 10 dollar shipping coupon they gave a month or so ago 3 uses came in handy for the game used bats I won!

Brian

TNTtoys
07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I have bought and sold thousands of items over ebay for the past 10 years and have never received a coupon from them. How do you receive these??

allstarsplus
07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
I have received the 10% off coupon up to $100 twice and it is great. Plus the recent 25 cent listing fee is awesome.

In this economy we are in, every little bit counts!!!!!:D

ndevlin
07-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Is anyone getting 2% off all of their purchases?? Ebay gave me that in late may, early june and ends in late Aug. Its great.

cards-bats
07-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I've gotten a few, but they never work for me. I gave up even trying.

BIGSTIG
07-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Late last year (in like Dec.) I bought six tickets to the cubs home opener which obviously wasn't until april. Well anyway the seller said his brother got into the account and was selling these, and the guy he was selling for didnt end up getting them etc. Well it was now past the timeframe in which ebay covers it, so to show me they were sorry and didn't want to lose me as a customer they sent me a $400.00 YES FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR gift certificate. It was awesome. And the seller sent me a refund.

steelmonkey
07-18-2008, 05:42 PM
As a buyer, these coupons are probably the best thing ebay ever did. :)

BUT

As a seller, ebay sucks harder than ever. :(

mdube16
07-18-2008, 06:06 PM
I got the 10% off coupon today also. Very nice!

stkmtimo
07-18-2008, 08:20 PM
I got the 10% off coupon today also. Very nice!

Was the coupon emailed to you? You guys are lucky!!

Tim

ndevlin
07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
I received 3 coupons last month($10 off shipping my next 3 purchases, and $10 off my next purchase) and I couldnt use them because my paypal email and my Ebay email dont match!! It was really annoying. I emailed Ebay and never responded!

allstarsplus
07-18-2008, 10:06 PM
As a buyer, these coupons are probably the best thing ebay ever did. :)

BUT

As a seller, ebay sucks harder than ever. :(

Gotta love the .25 cent selling days and Free listings!!!! Still better than paying 15% to 20% with no control to the big auction houses, but hey, I do both!

Tedw9
07-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Have you all been using the Microsoft discount on BIN items? I'm not sure if it has been posted here or not, but I can give full details if needed.

mdube16
07-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Was the coupon emailed to you? You guys are lucky!!

Tim

Yes...they just sent a random email with the coupon code.

trsent
07-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Have you all been using the Microsoft discount on BIN items? I'm not sure if it has been posted here or not, but I can give full details if needed.

Sure, please share those details.

Tedw9
07-19-2008, 11:56 AM
This has been posted on other boards and used by many. It is legit, I would not have mentioned it otherwise. You must have a Paypal account and use this offer for a Buy It Now only on Ebay. There are other places you can use this, but I have not looked at them. You can only use this 3 times on Ebay, for a savings of up to $250 cash back. The % off varies from day to day, I have seen it up to 35% and as low as 10%, this morning it was up to 25%.

Go to this link...I know it's not sports related, but it is the link we all have been using.

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=lego+table&go=&form=QBRE

In the blue box on top, it will say in a white area "Live Search Cash Back" beside an Ebay link. Click on that white box which will take you to Ebay looking for lego tables. :D

On the Ebay page, it should have that same white box up top stating how much you will save. Type your Ebay search in as you would normally do, looking for whatever you want. You can only use this with Buy It Now items through sellers who take Paypal. If you find an item, click Buy It Now and on the next page it will tell you how much you will save. Either buy it or go back and continue looking.

If you do buy something, pay with Paypal. You will have to go to the Microsoft Live Search site and create an account which is easy to do. Once you do, you will recieve an email from them stating you have money comming back. The only catch is you must wait 60 days to get it back. Once the 60 days is up, you can transfer it to your Paypal account and withdraw it.

I have used it 2 of my 3 times so far with no issues. One more month until I get the money back. As I said, this is posted on other major message boards where collectors gather, this is in no way spam. I'm just trying to help out fellow collectors.

To the Admins, I apologize if this post is off topic or does not belong. I am not trying to cause problems, just trying to help people who love the hobby like I do save some hard earned cash.