PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Phestival

Chris78
07-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi, I noticed that the Phillies no longer have the ticket available for $20 which includes the autograph session. They have a $10 "admission only" and also a ticket for $20 for a silent auction which includes game used jerseys and bats.

I wanted to see if I could get some info/help from people that have attended the Phestival. Does the $10 admission only ticket have a spot where they sell game used jerseys and bats of more common guys? Also, if you buy the $20 ticket for the silent auction, do you get admission or do you need admission and then pay for the silent auction? I planned on going to this, but I am wondering whether it is worth it or not.

Thanks,

Chris

bubbrubb25
07-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi, I noticed that the Phillies no longer have the ticket available for $20 which includes the autograph session. They have a $10 "admission only" and also a ticket for $20 for a silent auction which includes game used jerseys and bats.

I wanted to see if I could get some info/help from people that have attended the Phestival. Does the $10 admission only ticket have a spot where they sell game used jerseys and bats of more common guys? Also, if you buy the $20 ticket for the silent auction, do you get admission or do you need admission and then pay for the silent auction? I planned on going to this, but I am wondering whether it is worth it or not.

Thanks,

Chris
For the $10 admission price you can get access to the silent auction Heres a list of whats going to be auction'd,
http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/downloads/y2008/phestival_live_2.pdf
see ya there!

bubbrubb25
07-18-2008, 11:40 AM
For the $10 admission price you can get access to the silent auction Heres a list of whats going to be auction'd,
http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/downloads/y2008/phestival_live_2.pdf
see ya there!
Sorry that was the listings for the LIVE auction heres the list of whats going to be available at the silent auction
http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/downloads/y2008/phestival_silent.pdf

Chris78
07-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Bubbrubb25,

Thanks for the info. I guess what it means is that you pay $10 to enter and you can walk around and see what they have. If you want to bid on anything, you need to pay $20 to register and you can place your bid. The positive is that it may keep people from bidding because of the fee, which might keep prices lower. The negative is that you have to pay a fee to bid and you may not win anything. It does go to the ALS foundation, but other minor league teams have jersey auctions that I sometimes win items for this cause.

If you have attended this before, how much do the items normally go for? Also, do they have game used items that you can buy that are not with the auction. I attended the Orioles Fan Fest in March and that seemed to be really cool, but it does not seem that this event will be as good. Also, the Orioles event lasted all day while this event is much shorter.

Any more info/insight would be appreciated.

Chris

treant985
07-18-2008, 01:48 PM
What's the date for the Phestival? I must've missed the info regarding that.

It's funny that they list a game-used autographed Ryan Howard bat as worth $75 as "a good faith estimate of the fair market value." I guess it helps people write-off more of their purchase on their tax returns though.

bubbrubb25
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Bubbrubb25,

Thanks for the info. I guess what it means is that you pay $10 to enter and you can walk around and see what they have. If you want to bid on anything, you need to pay $20 to register and you can place your bid. The positive is that it may keep people from bidding because of the fee, which might keep prices lower. The negative is that you have to pay a fee to bid and you may not win anything. It does go to the ALS foundation, but other minor league teams have jersey auctions that I sometimes win items for this cause.

If you have attended this before, how much do the items normally go for? Also, do they have game used items that you can buy that are not with the auction. I attended the Orioles Fan Fest in March and that seemed to be really cool, but it does not seem that this event will be as good. Also, the Orioles event lasted all day while this event is much shorter.

Any more info/insight would be appreciated.

Chris
You dont have to pay to bid in the silent auction, stuff isnt cheap there so bring some dough. They do have a game used stand that should be open and they usually have some bats for sale, the $75 for the howard bat is the starting bid I wouldnt be supprised if it went for around $1500 last year I believe it was a silent auction during the game and a game issued signed howard bat went for like 1300.

Chris78
07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Are you referring to the stand that is in Section 126? They sometimes have a couple of bats; although, on July 7th against the Mets they had no bats. Will that stand have more stuff than normal and will they have jerseys for sale (something that they do not have) maybe along aside of the stand? They really do not have a lot there.

I have a feeling that the prices in the auction will go much higher than I would probably want to pay. You have to figure that Rollins, Howard, Utley, etc. will go over a thousand. Some of the other guys like a Werth jersey probably will go in the $500 range I would assume. From what I can tell with Phillies jerseys, it seems the best place to go is their spring training facility in Feruary/March.

Maybe I will go and see, but I am not sure if this is going to be as good as I thought it was going to be. BTW, do they charge to park that day?

Chris

bubbrubb25
07-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Are you referring to the stand that is in Section 126? They sometimes have a couple of bats; although, on July 7th against the Mets they had no bats. Will that stand have more stuff than normal and will they have jerseys for sale (something that they do not have) maybe along aside of the stand? They really do not have a lot there.

I have a feeling that the prices in the auction will go much higher than I would probably want to pay. You have to figure that Rollins, Howard, Utley, etc. will go over a thousand. Some of the other guys like a Werth jersey probably will go in the $500 range I would assume. From what I can tell with Phillies jerseys, it seems the best place to go is their spring training facility in Feruary/March.

Maybe I will go and see, but I am not sure if this is going to be as good as I thought it was going to be. BTW, do they charge to park that day?

Chris
Yea thats the stand, they dont have anything special in it during the phestival, as I said stuff there isnt cheap since the money goes to charity, you wont be getting any steals. I'm 99.9% sure they charge for parking that day.

ALSO hblakewolf or anyone that is going and has any extra of $20 autograph packages that they may have ordered 1 or 2 extra of I would be interested in buying one from you I would like to get 2 of my GU bats signed.