PDA

View Full Version : YES Network - My new favorite channel

kylehess10
07-17-2008, 10:58 PM
If you're from New York then you know what it is, but for the others you probably don't. It's definitely the channel I've always dreamed of. 24/7 baseball and most-importantly shows involving game used. Today there was a show about how they make Jeter's jersey, and Majestic said they make about 2 dozen for him each year (though I'm sure he doesn't wear anything close to that); and then tomorrow they're showing how they authenticate everything after each Yankees game. If only they had this channel available everywhere, I'm sure everybody on this forum would enjoy. I also love the classic games they show everyday, and the repeats of every game every night for those who miss it.

Sheffield11
07-18-2008, 12:22 AM
I think we just got another fan!:D

juanencarnacionfan
07-18-2008, 12:50 AM
how do you get it

Sheffield11
07-18-2008, 01:13 AM
All Real Yankee fans know the answer to this question. ( you must live in the tristate area) LOL

juanencarnacionfan
07-18-2008, 01:17 AM
lol but can you buy it

Swoboda4
07-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Kyle,
Tell us about your N.Y. trip. I would think the YES network is available outside of the N.Y. area the way,WTBS(Braves) and WGN(Cubs) is available outside of their areas,for some cable subscribers.
Robert

allstarsplus
07-18-2008, 07:53 AM
The YES channel is available on DirecTV on channel 622 if you buy the regional sports package!

However, any sporting events they televise on the sports package is subject to blackout like baseball games, college football games, etc. so then you have to subscribe to the DirecTV MLB package so you can watch the blacked out games from YES on the designated baseball channel which show up on channel 722-749.

The one thing I like about YES is the Yankees games in HD have amazing picture quality.

The one thing I don't like is all the channels are expensive! Is YES free to your NY residents?

nycsports
07-18-2008, 08:47 AM
YES is great! It's not 24/7 baseball, they show other sports-Nets, Ivy League football, etc. I like Yankeeography, and Centerstage too, the show where Michael Kay interviews all sorts of celebrities. And Kyle, I think the show you were referring to w/ the game-used items is called "Steiner Memories of the Game." I enjoy watching that show too, they show some cool game used stuff from Steiner. It's funny when Brandon Steiner is on and gives estimates of what things are worth, b/c they are always so high. Like one time I think he said a baseball card signed by A-Rod is worth $500. Sure. The show is just one huge advertisement for Steiner. Does anyone remember the show on YES called, "What's it Worth?" I liked that show better than the Steiner show. People would bring in their collectibles (a lot of game used stuff) and get them appraised.

suave1477
07-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Kyle souns like your becoming a Yankees fan, well my hats off to you for appreciateing the best team in baseball lol lol:D

Yes channel is Free to New York residents.
It comes included in my basic cable package and as another member mentioned here on the HD channel it is Great. Also HD channels are free lol lol

orioles03
07-18-2008, 01:26 PM
The YES channel is available on DirecTV on channel 622 if you buy the regional sports package!

However, any sporting events they televise on the sports package is subject to blackout like baseball games, college football games, etc. so then you have to subscribe to the DirecTV MLB package so you can watch the blacked out games from YES on the designated baseball channel which show up on channel 722-749.

The one thing I like about YES is the Yankees games in HD have amazing picture quality.

The one thing I don't like is all the channels are expensive! Is YES free to your NY residents?
in baltimore i have it on direct tv but alot of the shows are blacked out i use to have the baseball package i watched mostly two game a week if i was lucky so i stoped that this year way to expensive for something i dont watch but i do like the yes network except hen other shows are blacked out not available in area

kylehess10
07-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Kyle,
Tell us about your N.Y. trip.

It's really fun, but I'm trying to get to one more Yankees game before I leave on the 23rd. It's really hard finding a bleacher seat near face value,,,I got one for the series against Tampa Bay for $10 on Stubhub, but haven't found anything near that price since. Yankee Stadium is SO much smaller when compared to Turner Field, but the bleacher seats are definitely fun to sit in, especially for the roll call. The only things I really enjoyed while being here was being in the city, and finding this store called "Conway". I've never seen clothes so cheap in my life. Definitely a trip to remember and I plan to keep coming back atleast once or twice a year.

suave1477
07-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Kylehess forget conway try Century 21 in lower Manhattan youll find all name brand clothes for 1/4th the price.

suave1477
07-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Kylehess while your here why not go to a Brooklyn Cyclones game (Minor League for the Mets) you will get great seats, cheap, and you can get the whole team and visting team to autograph whatever you want.

kylehess10
07-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Kylehess while your here why not go to a Brooklyn Cyclones game (Minor League for the Mets) you will get great seats, cheap, and you can get the whole team and visting team to autograph whatever you want.

I was actually going to do that since I just figured out you can get there by the subway but I don't think I can get anywhere with the remaining $3 in my wallet :D . I splurged on myself a little too much in the city while I was here.

suave1477
07-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Kylehess no problem where are you staying I think ill have free time tomorrow i can pick you up and take you to a game, its on me.