PDA

View Full Version : MLB's New Auction Platform

ham1963
07-17-2008, 08:50 AM
I can not belive nobody has talked about the new MLB Auction platform. Who has looked at it and what do you think?
John (Ham1963)

brianborsch
07-17-2008, 09:04 AM
It doesn't matter. The main thing they need to change is their communication strategy for their auctions. Their reps (most of them) are jack-nuts and there is no way to follow-up on an inquiry when the powers that be deem it "resolved" when it really isn't. What a load of crap!

whatupyos
07-17-2008, 10:21 AM
I can't stand it!!!!!

cjclong
07-17-2008, 10:27 AM
What is it? Maybe one reason it hasn't been talked about is that some of us aren't familiar with it.

MRMusial
07-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I haven't been able successfully login to it. I get error messages like .....

Your Major League Baseball Auctions Log in ID or Password as entered is invalid.

or

No account on file matches this e-mail address.
Please try again or contact Customer Service.

... when using the Forgot your password? link.

I've contacted them and the customer service response was to tell me to watch my CAPS while providing me the same user ID and password I've been trying all along...

:mad:

MRMusial
07-17-2008, 03:58 PM
I just received this after my follow-up reply directly to their email address ... since I couldn't update my case at the link they provided because my LOGIN FAILS.... Maybe this will save someone else some aggravation.

Response (xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx) - 07/17/2008 04:43 PM EST

Thanks for your email.

Due to the recent updates on MLB.com's Auction web site, we have been experiencing a few glitches. Please bare with us as we are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue. I apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing.

Thanks for taking the time to write!

Regards,
MLB.com Auctions

cjw
07-17-2008, 04:09 PM

Thanks for your email.

Due to the recent updates on MLB.com's Auction web site, we have been experiencing a few glitches. Please bare with us as we are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue. I apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing.

Regards,
MLB.com Auctions

It would be awesome for MLB auctions if they drafted a response that used the correct spelling of "bear" vs "bare" which would imply that the fan should act "without covering or clothing; naked, nude"

MRMusial
07-17-2008, 04:16 PM

Thanks for your email.

Regards,
MLB.com Auctions

It would be awesome for MLB auctions if they drafted a response that used the correct spelling of "bear" vs "bare" which would imply that the fan should act "without covering or clothing; naked, nude"

LOL! I was so frustrated that I totally missed that ..... Thanks for the laugh, I needed that. :D

markfd
07-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I have not had any problems with the site in both its search engine and bidding capacities.

brianborsch
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, we know thats fine. The whole thing is their communication avenues that are available to us. And its not all due to their system. Some of the employees are completely unhelpful. I'll get a response from them stating absolutley nothing in response along with an automated statement saying the situation was resolved. Useless!

frikativ54
07-18-2008, 01:31 AM
I think that the worst thing is not being able to see a list of new items. Also bothering me is the lack of categories for the completed auctions section. Thus, it is difficult to browse through closed listings unless you know exactly what you are looking for.