PDA

View Full Version : Curt Schilling Game Used Bat

BIGSTIG
07-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Wondering if anyone has a suggestion as how to remove a peronalization from a bat, or would that devalue the bat even more? I have a Curt Schilling Rawlings game used bat from his Diamondbacks days, and it is personalized " Elliott God Bless " Curt Schilling A really nice bat, no crack (well at least that I can tell) nice BOLD auto, number on both knob & barrell shows a TON of use...just that my name is Nick...NOT Elliott - I am fine with the God Bless, just want the Elliott gone.

If by taking away the Elliott is going to completely devalue this bat then I will leave it, just was hoping for a win win situation.

bigtruck260
07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Removing the personalization won't cause devaluation unless the next owner is named Elliott.

Is the bat black or blonde - and what kind of ink was used to sign the bat? Also, is there a finish on that bat (lacquer)?

Thanks.

BIGSTIG
07-16-2008, 02:41 PM
It is a blonde bat, and yes has a finish on it. It is signed in blue sharpie.

If I could figure out how to attach a picture on this site I would. Not that great with computers, and have been trying for almost an hour to figure it out, keeps asking for some url??? I wish I could just cut and paste...thats simple :)

ndevlin
07-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Try copying and pasting the photo.

BIGSTIG
07-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Hopefully this worked...had to crop the S--T out of it to make it fit??
To BIG...story of my life :)

BIGSTIG
07-16-2008, 03:33 PM
WOW - that looks silly...sorry guys. I need to take a comp class.

godwulf
07-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Are you sure that's Sharpie, and not some kind of paint pen?

I ask because the signature is so thick and unbroken, and evey time I've had a player try to sign a bat that had a finish like that with a Sharpie, it was borderline disastrous - a somewhat light, broken line, and nothing like what I'm seeing on your bat.

BIGSTIG
07-16-2008, 08:56 PM
You are correct, it does look like a paint pen. I just figured it was a sharpie, because that is what I always use on bats. Never thought of using paint pens on anything other than fabrics. Well any thoughts anyone? I have been told nail polish remover and gu-gone??