PDA

View Full Version : What is going to happen to the St. Louis Cardinals are they in trouble??

ham1963
07-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Since it looks like InBev is going to buy Anheuser-Busch I wonder if InBev is going to sell off the Cardinals to help pay off the loan that InBev is using to buy Anheuser-Busch?? Or will they reduce the payroll of the Cardinals???
What are your thought
John

STLFan2003
07-15-2008, 01:05 PM
The Cardinals are owned by Bill Dewitt Jr and Fred Hanser

AWA85
07-15-2008, 01:07 PM
They could trade Pujols out of the division and I would be happy.

Birdbats
07-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Actually, the Cardinals are owned by a group of 15 investors that includes individuals and one company (Pulitzer Inc.). Three owners are active in the club: Mr. DeWitt is the managing general partner and chairman of the board. Mr. Hanser is vice chairman and Mr. Baur is secretary treasurer. The group bought the team from A-B in March 1996 -- which, not coincidently, is when the team started being a consistent post-season contender again (A-B seemed to lose interest in the baseball operation after Gussie Busch died).

Mr. DeWitt says he doesn't expect much to change in terms of the team or the stadium. Here's an article on the subject: http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/bird-land/bird-land/2008/07/dewitt-on-busch-stadium-dont-expect-any-change/

bigtruck260
07-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah guys, it's not like AB is collapsing like ENRON.

AB is a responsible corporate citizen, and leaving the city (a vast majority of which are baseball fans) hanging would not be responsible.

Anyway - I prefer Coors;)

AWA85
07-15-2008, 04:06 PM
So Bud can't contract the Cardinals? :D