View Full Version : We lost Kirby Puckett

metsbats
03-06-2006, 08:20 PM
CNN reports Kirby Puckett has died.

This is truly a sad day for baseball.

www.cnn.com (http://www.cnn.com)

trsent
03-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Kirby Puckett showed us once again to value every day of life.

Not because he was a great player who was a well deserved first ballot Hall of Fame inductee.

Just Sunday morning, about 36 hours ago, Kirby had a stroke and was admitted to a hospital. Now he has passed, which shows us and reminds us that you never know what life can bring to you next.

We should use this opportunity to value what we have every day.

Kirby Pickett will be missed because he was special.

suave1477
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I always thought he was a great player, i have a couple of his rookie cards. Kirby Puckett we will miss you!!!! R.I.P.

Swoboda4
03-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear this.

scottanservitz
03-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Kirby was a favorite of mine since coming into the Majors. He will be missed!

geoff
03-07-2006, 03:19 AM
I grew up watching him play ball.He will be missed Geoff.

mikedarrcollector
03-07-2006, 09:52 AM
RIP Kirby Puckett..i remember trading to get a card of his and watchin him play when i was younger. yesterday morning there was like 3500 items on ebay of his and now there is like 6500+ items on ebay..

jppopma
03-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Kirby will truely be missed, one of the best in the game. How irronic for the other end of the spectrum, Barry Bonds, to be in the news at the same time. Shame on Sports Illustrated to come out with their "latest and greatest" news and steal the spotlight away from the mourning and honoring of Kirby. Just let us relive Kirby's career and invision how baseball and all sports should be.

sylbry
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM
It is always disappointing to see people capitalizing on other people's death. Last night I noticed Louisville Slugger "flame tempered" bat being sold as a possible spring training bat and someone wrote "PUCK" on an old batting glove and is trying to pass them off as game worn.

sylbry
03-07-2006, 05:07 PM
The ad says it was used by Kirby in batting practice. Not spring training like I originally posted.

Nothing wrong with selling actual game used items. Like I said before people are looking for ways to remember him by but trying to rip people off with the fakes right after he died is pretty low.