PDA

View Full Version : Miller will reward fan who catch a grand slam ball

joelsabi
07-15-2008, 11:14 AM
PRNewswire — 7/03/2008 7:39 am
Sure, a grand slam means a lot to a big-league baseball team. Four runs with one swing of the bat is quite a feat.
But what about the lucky fan sitting in the outfield seats who catches the baseball? Other than a few high fives and 10 seconds of air time, there's usually not much reward for the fan. Until now. Courtesy of Miller Lite, that fan will be rewarded with the ultimate prize.
Miller Lite is stepping up to the plate for legal-drinking-age consumers by announcing that any fan who catches a grand slam home run baseball at any big-league baseball game for the rest of this season will be rewarded with free Miller Lite for one year, where legal.
"Everyone knows how excited fans get just grabbing a foul ball, let alone a home run," said Antonio Maldonado, Miller Lite marketing vice president. "As the ultimate light beer, we want to reward those fans who are able to hold onto the ultimate home run, a grand slam, by providing them with a year's supply of Miller Lite. And they can still keep the ball!"
The promotion begins Thursday as teams gear up for the second half of the season. For any fan lucky enough to experience that ultimate moment, send an e-mail to UltimateHR@mbco.com. Fans will be required to provide a picture of their ticket stub, a picture of the ball they caught showcasing pro baseball's insignia and proof they are a legal-drinking-age consumer. Complete rules, including details on where the program is legal, are available at MillerLite.com (http://www.millerlite.com/av.action) or by request at UltimateHR@mbco.com.

Eric
07-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Fantastic idea. A contest which could cause kids to get pushed around so others can get free beer.

otismalibu
07-15-2008, 12:21 PM
When I think Miller Lite, I think more runs.

10thMan
07-15-2008, 03:52 PM
They should ban this in Dodgers Stadium

Ever sat out there? I`ll NEVER do it again & I rarely say never. People will be getting shanked over "free Beer"

Sean