PDA

View Full Version : BMH... Whats Your Role At FanFest?

tone1316
07-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Just curious what part you and L.S. will be playing at fanfest...? I can't wait to go on sunday.....!

suave1477
07-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Tone I am glad you posted this as I was about to ask the same question

BMH will you have a booth there?

I should be there saturday and possibly sunday.

BMH
07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm running the laser for our personalized bat booth, this will be my fifth year of it. It's one of the first jobs I had at LS and I still enjoy it. I'm a people watcher so it fascinates me all the different people I've seen and met from Houston to Detroit. The only thing that stinks is the hours are 9-8 every day, that doesn't give me much time to explore the city. From what I gather Fanfest is sold out and we should be pretty busy. We brought 1500 bats I'm hoping to sell them out fast, I want a few days off! Also, if any of you are from here, what's a good Italian place? We ate at the Bulls & Bears tonight and I wasn't impressed. We were too tired to go anywhere from our flight and they have us staying at the Waldorf Astoria...I'm a little pissed at paying $9 for a beer.

I do my best to avoid the HR derby and the All-Star game. I told our handler not to even bother with tickets this year. Too expensive and told him to use them on someone who wants to go. We gave away our tickets in SF last year. Ended up in China town at a really good restaurant. I actually enjoy watching it on TV in an air-conditioned room drinking a beer. It's also a lot easier tracking what each player is swinging.

So yeah, if you all see the Kiosk stop by and say hi. It might be pretty busy so I don't know how much time I'll have to talk.

suave1477
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
BMH I know a great italian place to eat its one of the best in the city but is also very expensive but well worth it its called - campagnolas
Also great steak house is Smith & Wollensky or Angelo Maxies
If you like sourthern food.
Virgils is the best

Ill see you at the Fan fest

dcgreg25
07-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Obviously, NY has a ton of good Italian restaurants but one of my favoriate (pretty reasonably priced) Italian restaurants in the city is Becco. You can check out their website here www.becco-nyc.com (http://www.becco-nyc.com). I strongly reccomend the daily pasta special which is three different home made pasta dishes made in-house that day! Definitely worth checking out.

jboosted92
07-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm running the laser for our personalized bat booth, this will be my fifth year of it. It's one of the first jobs I had at LS and I still enjoy it. I'm a people watcher so it fascinates me all the different people I've seen and met from Houston to Detroit. The only thing that stinks is the hours are 9-8 every day, that doesn't give me much time to explore the city. From what I gather Fanfest is sold out and we should be pretty busy. We brought 1500 bats I'm hoping to sell them out fast, I want a few days off! Also, if any of you are from here, what's a good Italian place? We ate at the Bulls & Bears tonight and I wasn't impressed. We were too tired to go anywhere from our flight and they have us staying at the Waldorf Astoria...I'm a little pissed at paying $9 for a beer.

I do my best to avoid the HR derby and the All-Star game. I told our handler not to even bother with tickets this year. Too expensive and told him to use them on someone who wants to go. We gave away our tickets in SF last year. Ended up in China town at a really good restaurant. I actually enjoy watching it on TV in an air-conditioned room drinking a beer. It's also a lot easier tracking what each player is swinging.

So yeah, if you all see the Kiosk stop by and say hi. It might be pretty busy so I don't know how much time I'll have to talk.

Wear Red Sox gear and walk down Jerome Ave at 1 a.m. ....I did it!! and I survived... (that should be on Fear Factor)

suave1477
07-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Jboosted your lucky you didnt run into me lol lol:D

You heard about the lady (Yankees fan) who ran over the Red Sox fan last month???:rolleyes:

We take our baseball serious lol lol

mr.miracle
07-11-2008, 12:10 PM

Tough gig to do, staying at the Waldorf.

BMH
07-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey, someone has to do it;)

suave1477
07-11-2008, 01:51 PM
BMH how is the fanfest?

Anything you would suggest for us to check out?

How is it set up?

Do you see any game used vendors there?

BMH
07-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Hunt Auctions is on the far left side of the first floor. Most of the other items are on the second floor. I haven't looked around too much. I did a sweep of the place on Thursday but I was mainly looking for Bill Steele of Rawlings. I was told he wasn't going to be here though so I stopped looking after that.

Today is slow, then again all Fridays for this are, it should be packed for Saturday and Sunday. I'm am enjoying myself though, this job requires no thinking and it keeps me busy. Going to check out Time Square tonight. Someone told me to try Carmines.

suave1477
07-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Carmines is ok on a scale of 1 to 10 its about a 7. Its family Style eatting. People go there mostly because its a popular name place but the food to me is ok and it mainly attracts tourists.

ham1963
07-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey,
suave1477 where is the Sienfield restaurant from the Yankee Stadium
Thanks,
John

suave1477
07-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I believe that diner is on the upper west side but they never actually ate there. It was a pic of it from the outside but they used a studio set when they were inside

Tedw9
07-15-2008, 07:02 PM
BMH,

I stopped by your booth on Saturday, but you were out on break. I talked to the guy and girl there and they said you would be back soon. But I ended up back upstairs and in the autograph line for 3 hours. Sorry I missed saying hello to you.