PDA

View Full Version : Show us your Pink Bats

eGameUsed
07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
So, with all the recent "show us" threads, how about a show us your pink bats thread. I will post a picture of mine later today. I personally like the idea and am surprised we haven't seen baby blue bats for Father's Day. Maybe next year.

Thanks,

TFig27
07-09-2008, 02:34 PM
2007 Johnny Damon Autographed Game Used Mother's Day Pink Bat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/damonmother.jpg

twinsbb17
07-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Here's a picture of Erstad's pink bat from 2007. I have a non game used Joe Mauer Pink bat that he signed to my mom for mother's day. I can throw a picture of it up later if anyone's interested :-)

http://gallery.mac.com/adamjhanson/100148/IMG_0650/web.jpg

HENMICK44
07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Anybody Got A Mientkiewicz Pink Bat????????????????
henmick44@optonline.net

AWA85
07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Won an Edwin Encarnacion 08 pink bat last night, now I just have to wait for it. http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog750/folder74048/img6510557.jpg

brianborsch
07-10-2008, 04:13 PM
I just won the Daric Barton game used bat from mlb.com. I know he is having the most HORRIBLE begining, but I feel he will be good and this could be THE bat he hit the HR with! He only had 1 at bat! Shooting for the Ellsbury next. That one is going to be pricey as I (and another bidder) have pushed that up in the $1600 range already! Jacoby better have a long career!

Brian B

yanks12025
07-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Brian
Hope you win the Ellsbury. But i think his only good thing is his speed.

brianborsch
07-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I thought about it and probably won't bid on Ellsbury's pink bat now. I am just bummed I missed out on the Butler bat. I wanted to bid on it in the last minutes but I got stuck in a meeting and couldn't get to it in time! I had it all planned out and work got in the way! I hope it resurfaces ! Glad I got the Barton. I don't know how I am going to know it was his HR bat. Maybe I can write him?

Brian B

frikativ54
07-10-2008, 06:54 PM
I thought about it and probably won't bid on Ellsbury's pink bat now. I am just bummed I missed out on the Butler bat. I wanted to bid on it in the last minutes but I got stuck in a meeting and couldn't get to it in time! I had it all planned out and work got in the way! I hope it resurfaces ! Glad I got the Barton. I don't know how I am going to know it was his HR bat. Maybe I can write him?

Brian B

Sorry to hear about the Butler bat; I hope you find it again. It is stories like these which make me glad that I am of the "bid early and bid often" philosophy. I would rather pay more and be guaranteed the victory than chance being outbid in the final seconds as a sniper.

OaklandAsFan
07-10-2008, 06:57 PM

Brian B

sorry bout the Cargo HR ball the guy never got in touch with me Brian but if you want I will have my mother ask Daric about the bat this weekend. She has season tix right next to the A's dugout and talks to the players all the time.
Is the bat autographed?

frikativ54
07-10-2008, 07:01 PM
I personally like the idea [of pink bats] and am surprised we haven't seen baby blue bats for Father's Day. Maybe next year.

Chris,

That is quite an interesting idea you have regarding the blue bats for Father's Day; perhaps the money could be donated to a prostate cancer foundation. Though I am concerned that it may not catch on as well as the pink bats for Mother's Day. Every day seems to be father's day with his son at the park. To the contrary, what makes the Mother's Day pink bat promotion so successful is that there is not that strong of a tradition of mothers taking their daughters to the ballpark. Plus it seems that everybody knows someone who has suffered from breat cancer, where I don't find prostate cancer to be discussed as much openly. Just a few thoughts on this matter. Perhaps you have other ideas in mind.

BMH
07-10-2008, 07:57 PM
From a manufacturer's point of view even doing the Pink bats is a challenge. We gave out 500 of them this year and all for free. The cost isn't that big of a deal, we fully support the idea and we are the ones who originally went with the idea to MLB. The main problem is the wood. For those 500 we turned almost 700 bats to make the weights and specs the player's wanted. This is the same game wood we usually make them. Mother's Day comes at the end of the ST and Opening Day rush and our stock is depleted. Player's get pretty pissed that they can get two pink bats but we can't fill their order of 12 for the regular season.

brianborsch
07-10-2008, 08:15 PM
"sorry bout the Cargo HR ball the guy never got in touch with me Brian but if you want I will have my mother ask Daric about the bat this weekend."

OaklandAsfan,

Sure, if your mother can do that that would be great. Who won the Butler bat?

AWA85
07-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Does MLB throw the game used name on things easily for those of you that have dealt with them before? Pretty sure Jeff Keppinger had some kind of hitting streak going maybe it was his last 6 at bats or so he hat a hit and I thought he did not use a pink bat.

Just wondering because his bat is listed as game used on mlb.com?

jrhrlh
07-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't know how they decide to list an item as GU but I have been watching the Pirates auctions and they have had a number of pink bats listed as GU. Here's the problem, the game was rained out and rescheduled as a DH the next day. The teams were told they could use the bats in the first game if they would like but only 1 Pirate player was mentioned as doing so.

brianborsch
07-10-2008, 11:16 PM
So did Keppinger use the bat at all in the game? I think mlb counts BP as game used too.

AWA85
07-11-2008, 10:27 AM
From what I remember and an article you can google, Keppinger did not use the bat at all during the game. Would players use pink bats in batting practice knowing they could break them and not have one for the game?

jshortt
07-11-2008, 10:47 AM
As far as I know, Kepp did not use the pink bat during the game. Maybe one at-bat. He had gone 5-5 the previous night, and his teammates wouldn't let him switch bats. That being said, knowing it isn't game-used, and since Kepp is my buddy, I'm bidding on it. As a matter of fact, it's the only one of the pink bats that I've truly chosen to go after. I bowed out of the Hamilton chase when it hit 1020.00.

-Josh

suave1477
07-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Here is a picture from the Pirates Dugout, Looks like some Pimk bats were used

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81705564.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC173AF4FA0D1CBA0A A46BB8D1E5A89175

MichaelofSF
07-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Brian,
If you are talking about Billy Butler, then I won the Butler bat.

I also won the Gordon bat but for a bit more than I wanted to win it for. I almost gave up on the Gordon bat cause it seemed like I would never become the high bidder, but on my last bid I became the high bidder. I will post pictures when I get them.

indyred
07-11-2008, 12:18 PM
It's not that hard to figure out who used them during the game. MLB.com video has all of games up to view. A few teams were rained out and were allowed to used them the next game. If I get a chance this weekend I'll check and see if Kepp used his during the game vs. Mets. Like what already was mentioned, some of these bats may have just been used in BP and MLB does consider that game used.

AWA85
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Josh,I was trying to get a hold of you just to make sure you knew that the Kepp bat may not have been used. Glad you already caught that. Do you know Kepp personally or just a fan?

jshortt
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Josh,I was trying to get a hold of you just to make sure you knew that the Kepp bat may not have been used. Glad you already caught that. Do you know Kepp personally or just a fan?

AWA, thanks for the head's up. And sorry about inflating the price of that Edwin bat. When I realized it was you bidding, I backed off. Who'd have thought there would be a bidding war for an EE bat, haha?

With Kepp, it's a bit of both. Started as a fan, but after a while, it got past that. He actually heckled me from 2nd base during BP a few nights ago for wearing a Volquez jersey instead of his. People were looking at me like "what the eff is going on?"

-Josh

metsbats
07-12-2008, 07:22 PM
I won Carlos Delgado's 2008 Pink bat. This will replace the Endy Chavez I passed on to Swoboda4.

Here's a photo of the bat and a photo match.

-David

Swoboda4
07-13-2008, 02:39 AM
David,nice Delgado bat w/photo match. Now what do we do to get you the jersey? The quest continues....
(P.S. If Steiner still had the Mets contract it would be an easier chore but an expensive one.)

metsbats
07-13-2008, 07:02 AM
David,nice Delgado bat w/photo match. Now what do we do to get you the jersey? The quest continues....
(P.S. If Steiner still had the Mets contract it would be an easier chore but an expensive one.)

Interesting Robert that the folks at Amazing Memorabilia have not put the Mother's Day jerseys for sale at least on the Mets site. I just got a rep t work with last week and that may be one of my first questions to him. I'll let you know what i find out.

David

jrhrlh
07-13-2008, 09:06 AM
After checking the Pirates news archives, Freddy Sanchez was the only Pirate player to use a pink bat in the make-up game. All players had bats available in the dugout to use but he was the only one to do so. So,how can MLB certify any others as GU. Some I have seen do not even have a mark on them.

OaklandAsFan
07-13-2008, 02:02 PM
hey Brian I just got off the phone with my mother, She spoke to Daric today after bp and he said he honestly does not know which bat you have. He said that someone grabbed one of the bats before he had a chance to do anything, one bat went to his mother and the other one went to the auction but he does not know which one he actually used to hit the HR. Its 50/50 that yours is the one he used.

brianborsch
07-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I guess that is pretty good odds. Thanks for checking OaklandA'sfan! Do you know or can your mother check to see if he even used the other bat? If he didn't use the other bat then I would be able to tell when I got it as the HR bat should have a ball mark and possibly a seam impression whereas the unused one (if he indeed did not use the other) would be completely clean. Let me know if you can get anymore detail. I really appreciate this!!!

CampWest
07-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry to hear about the Butler bat; I hope you find it again. It is stories like these which make me glad that I am of the "bid early and bid often" philosophy. I would rather pay more and be guaranteed the victory than chance being outbid in the final seconds as a sniper.

Nice ... Same thing happened to me. I also was trying to bid on the Butler bat last week, first they were having technical difficulties and the site wouldnt let me logon. I wasted 45minutes trying to logon and couldnt get in, that was early in the morning... I wasnt stalling or waiting for last minute. I was going to try again around lunch, but I had some unexpected high priority meetings sprout up and missed about 5 hours of time and never got back to a computer before the auction ended. :mad: :mad:

OaklandAsFan
07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
I guess that is pretty good odds. Thanks for checking OaklandA'sfan! Do you know or can your mother check to see if he even used the other bat? If he didn't use the other bat then I would be able to tell when I got it as the HR bat should have a ball mark and possibly a seam impression whereas the unused one (if he indeed did not use the other) would be completely clean. Let me know if you can get anymore detail. I really appreciate this!!!

she is on her way home now (she flies up for all the weekend home games and sells the rest of her tickets for the season) I would assume that he used both of them or he himself would have been able to tell which bat he had ;)

whatupyos
07-13-2008, 06:59 PM
I might be able to be of some help on the Daric Barton bat. He pitch hit in the 9th and hit a 2-run HR. So if it doesn't show use, its not a gamer. I went to last year's Mother's Day game in Oakland and saw Bobby Crosby hit a HR with a pink bat. I wanted to win it in the auction so I looked for it, but the one they auctioned off was not game used. Had no pine tar, as Bobby uses a lot of pine tar, and there were no marks on the bat. However this year, his bat had lots of use on it. So most likely, since Daric hit a HR that HR bat would have gone to his mother, as thats what I'd have done being that he didn't play a whole game.

brianborsch
07-13-2008, 07:04 PM
But someone took the bat before he could sort it out, so they may have sent his mom the wrong bat. OaklandAsfan is saying Daric said he doesn't know which one made it to where.

Brian B

whatupyos
07-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I realize what OaklandA'sFan said. I'm sure Daric didn't see either of the bats other then when he was batting, so he probably never saw them after he hit the HR; so technically he doesn't know which went where. My guess would be they were grabbed up by the team, one was given to his mom, one went to auction. From the MLB auction picture it looked like the bat had zero use on it. So if you get the bat and its clean as a whistle, it wasn't the HR bat...unless of course he used it during BP, which I can't see a player using both pink bats during BP, but its possible.

brianborsch
07-13-2008, 10:53 PM
I will let you know as soon as I get it. Daric only had 1 at bat and the hit would have contacted the other side of the barrell from what was pictured in the auction(this is based off of Daric's hitting characteristics and from watching the video and looking at what side of the bat the ball made contact with). There seems to be a slight amount of pine tar on the handle (which is a characteristic of Barton. His pine tar should only be on the handle area.) So we shall see. He must have used both though at some time as OaklandAsfan said he couldn't tell which was which AND mlb.com listed this bat as game used which could include BP. It just sucks that there is no clarity there. Oh and their communication system sucks the big whanker too. I hate them for that.

OaklandAsFan
07-13-2008, 11:00 PM
biggest thing to remember here is that this season the umps have been told to speed up the games and players are supposed to have bats ready to go right from the rack (as we saw a player get into an argument over earlier this season after a cracked bat) so it isn't unrealistic that Daric grabbed both of them and tarred em up during BP so they would both be good and ready to go for the game with no problems. I think Daric at least was good enough to be honest about the fact that he wasn't sure, he could have just told us yeah my mom has it and left it alone but he answered honestly which IMHO is pretty cool.

brianborsch
07-13-2008, 11:10 PM
OaklanAsfan,
I agree. Barton seems to be top notch guy. I just hope I can luck out and get the bat he used to hit the home run. Either way it will be ok as it will still be a rare bat. I can't wait to see it.

However if I was running mlb.com I would have stricter standards as I know that my items would sell at a much higher rate. I would also make sure the communications process was effective as with GU items(especially) there needs to be easy and clear communication. Wish me luck. I should get the bat in a few weeks...

OaklandAsFan
07-13-2008, 11:44 PM
good luck with it and I definately would like to see some pics when you get it.

SkubeBats
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I was able to buy these two bats (JJ HARDY & CRAIG COUNSEL) from the recent MLB auction of 2009 Pink bats. Both bats are un-cracked and show good game use with ball marks, stitch imprints and pine tar.

SkubeBats
07-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Here are the pictures.

camarokids
07-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Anybody here win the Longoria? Any one know what it sold for?

karamaxjoe
07-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Anyone know what the imprinted numbers on the knob represent?

camarokids
07-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Anyone know what the imprinted numbers on the knob represent?

I bet those are MLB's mandatory production dates for Maple bats 4249 = 4/24/09?

BMH could tell us for sure!!!!

SkubeBats
07-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes, those numbers on the knobs are the dates the bats were made. BMH made a post about this not to long ago.

grenda12
07-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Yes, those numbers on the knobs are the dates the bats were made. BMH made a post about this not to long ago.

Howd I miss that post. Is it just for maples or ash too. Can anyone remember what post that was or have a link to it.

grenda12
07-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Howd I miss that post. Is it just for maples or ash too. Can anyone remember what post that was or have a link to it.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=27436&highlight=production+date

CampWest
07-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Won the MLB auction for a Billy Butler Mother's Day pink bat... The second bat, with the better game use. Pretty stoked... 90% of proceeds on this auction to charity, its my primary player that I collect, and its my first Mother's Day bat.

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog750/folder65978/img8098537.jpg

Jays1fan
07-20-2009, 02:13 PM
I won the Vernon Wells "Game Used" one. Nice Ball Marks and Pine Tar.
http://www.jays1fan.com/wellspinkbat.jpg

LastingsMilledge85
07-20-2009, 02:36 PM
http://www.everyjoe.com/files/2009/06/milton-bradley-meltdown-20090510_zaf_cc9_038.jp
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0001-1.jpg?t=1248118366
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0002-1.jpg?t=1248118543
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0003-1.jpg?t=1248118569

LastingsMilledge85
07-20-2009, 02:38 PM
http://www.everyjoe.com/files/2009/06/milton-bradley-meltdown-20090510_zaf_cc9_038.jpg

MichaelofSF
07-20-2009, 03:16 PM
campwest,
congrats on the Butler pickup. I won the Butler bat from last year and decided against bidding this year as I don't know what I would do with two pink bats. be sure to post some pics when you get the bat.

MUSEOVEN
07-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Hello: :) I Have 2 Pinks Bats Of The 2008 Year, I Think They Are Game Issued.. Thanks

CampWest
07-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Well, you beat me out last year as I recall... Thanks for not bidding against me this year! ;)
If you ever think about getting rid of the bat from 2008, keep me in mind.
Best regards.

campwest,
congrats on the Butler pickup. I won the Butler bat from last year and decided against bidding this year as I don't know what I would do with two pink bats. be sure to post some pics when you get the bat.

rj_lucas
07-20-2009, 04:56 PM
LastingsMilledge85, that is a very cool photo match. And Milton Bradley just went up a couple of notches in my eyes for writing it on the bat knob.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

rj_lucas
07-20-2009, 05:01 PM
campwest,

Dude, speaking as a former Bay Area resident now living in Kansas City, I must ask you, what's up with collecting the Royals? :)

Nice bat though, and I think Billy has a lot of upside.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

MichaelofSF
07-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Dude, speaking as a former Bay Area resident now living in Kansas City, I must ask you, what's up with collecting the Royals? :)

Nice bat though, and I think Billy has a lot of upside.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

When I was 5 years old in 1987 I had a George Brett topps baseball card. I liked his batting average and the uniform and decided I was going to be a Royals fan and that George Brett was going to be my favorite player. Everybody else liked Mark McGwire and Will Clark, there were always plenty of George Brett baseball cards to choose from as a result (the shop workers would look at me as if I were crazy asking "What Royals cards do you have?").

back to the pink bats.....

camarokids
07-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I won the Willy Aybar gamer, he went 2 for 4 with an RBI. This is my second pink bat. I have a 2008 Jason Bartlett.

dcgreg25
07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I won the Asdrubal Cabrera Indians bat...he went 2-5 with a double and a RBI with the bat. This is my first Mother's Day bat and I was not disappointed.

Unfortunately, I lost out on the Sizemore and Vmart as I was away when the ended.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/gregguy25/CabreraBat1.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/gregguy25/CabreraBat2.jpg

camarokids
07-22-2009, 02:15 PM
I won the Willy Aybar gamer, he went 2 for 4 with an RBI. This is my second pink bat. I have a 2008 Jason Bartlett.

I won the auction on July 20th, I received an email today, the bat has been shipped.

Pretty quick turnaround.....

staindsox
07-22-2009, 03:31 PM
I was pretty happy with this one. There was more use than what is shown in the auction photos, but I don't know if he used it in the game or not...probably BP :rolleyes:

CUTiger
07-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Khalil Greene 2009 Mother's Day.

camarokids
07-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Last night I won the Dioner Navarro LS, it was cracked in the second inning.

camarokids
07-31-2009, 02:18 PM
I received the tracking number and shipping info already. Auction ended at 9pm last night.

MLB Customer Service is really on the ball now.....

tbone90
07-31-2009, 03:02 PM
I won the Grady Sizemore and was extremely happy with the amount of use. He had to have used it for BP as well. I'm supposed to get it autographed this weekend. I have the Matt Kemp pink X-Bat too from this year. Again, very nice use!

TomTimmerman
07-31-2009, 03:35 PM
I won the Freel last night. He made his debut with the Cubs in the 9th inning. Singled with this pink bat and cracked it.

GarkoCollector
07-31-2009, 10:22 PM
I got the Garko. Will post tomorrow.