PDA

View Full Version : Locker Room Memorabilia

geoff
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Anybody have any thoughts on them are they a good or bad company to buy from.Im thinking of getting a game used item from them.Thanks Geoff

ahuff
03-30-2006, 08:52 PM
I've purchased from Emil several times. He is top notch and his items are unbelievable. I'd purchase from him, again, in a heart beat!!!

geoff
03-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the comment and the help.Anyone else have any thoughts.Geoff

geoff
05-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Just thought i would mention this for anybody thinking about buying from them.I went to the Orioles game tonight they were playing the Tigers i got Curtis Grandersons autograph and asked him if he had a contract with Locker Room Memorabilia and he said yes.That makes me feel better about about buying from this company when i do.Thanks Geoff

sandman02910
05-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Emil is one of the best guys I've ever dealt with. He has gone way way above and beyond for me on several occasions. I own dozens of LRMEMO items and each is fantastic. I have put in advance requests for items and he has obtained them. I have sent him several valuable game used items that I was looking for signatures and special inscriptions on and he came through. Some of the players I've bought stuff from are Morneau, Wright, Howard, Pedroia, Moss, Dopirak, Milledge, Cano, Stewart, and Upton. Sometimes their prices are a bit high but it is well worth it. Do not hesitate to buy items from Emil....you will not be disappointed.
Thanks
Scott

geoff
05-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi i just got off the phone with Emil from lockerroom memoribilia.Ijust picked up some cleats from him and he is a very nice guy and very helpful.Just wanted to let people know.Thanks Geoff

minearm
12-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I am new to this forum but not entirely new to collecting GU memorabilia. I was just visiting a friend and he told me how he bought a game used bat from Locker Room Memorabilia. He did not have the bat yet but he showed me pictures. The bat in question is a Ryan Zimmerman Louisville Slugger that is said to have been used to hit the June 18th Father's Day walk off home run against the New York Yankees. He showed me the pictures of the bat and of Ryan holding the signed bat from the website. On it, it is signed "Ryan Zimmerman, walk off home run june 18 fathers day game used 2006".

I advised my pal that despite the fact that it is signed and there is a picture of the player holding the bat you still should do research as he is paying a pretty penny for this bat.

He showed a news article about that particular game and it has a picture of Ryan hitting the walk off home run in it. I looked at the picture and it doesn't quite look like the same bat.

My friend said he wants to wait until he actually gets the bat before jumping to any conclusions. He said then he can look at it from the right angle and compare the features and marks that way.

From what I see they look different. The bat for sale has way more pine tar than the bat in the game picture. Also there is a mark right above the "powerized" branding but that mark does not appear to be on the Locker Room bat.

All this and I have heard Ryan mention in a couple of interviews of how the Fathers Day home run was a special moment in his rookie season. Do you think he would actually get rid of the bat he used to hit that special home run? Wouldn't the MLB have taken the bat and hologramed it?

What do you all think? See the pics and let us all know....

allstarsplus
12-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I was at the game, and it was probably the greatest moment in the short history of the Nationals so that bat is a special one.

I can tell you what I know and my opinion. Emil at Locker Room has done a great job with Ryan's items. I was at the Hyatt in DC where the signing took place as I was delivering my own items the day of the signing.

Ryan brought in a big duffle bag of bats, and cleats and hats. This was Ryan's 1st signing w/ Locker Room. I can tell you that Ryan was soooo tough that he wouldn't sign items of mine that didn't have an MLB hologram. Luckily, almost all of my items did have MLB holograms. I was disappointed but impressed that Ryan held firm to ensure authenticity and as you noted this HR bat didn't have an MLB hologram as he did sign his own items that he brought with him.

You asked if MLB would have authenticated it & the simple answer would be only if Ryan had asked the D&T rep to authenticate, but since he took the bat home with him he probably didn't think of doing it.

I see that black mark above the "Powerized" also. The photo you have I believe was taken by the Washington Post photographer, and is the exact one of the HR swing on Father's Day. I have 2 high resolution pictures of the swing also from another angle which show every mark on the bat which I would be happy to discuss with you.

Andrew
GameUsed@Nationals.net

richpick
12-02-2006, 01:44 PM
I have dealt with LRM and believe they are legit but personal homework is always a must. The question that I have is how do you know that the bat was not used after that homerun? and if that is the case it could have had pine tar applied after that homerun or have suffered more ball marks?

minearm
12-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I would like to discuss the marks you can see. Do any of the marks from your pictures show up on the Locker Room bat? I mean I don't doubt that Locker Room is legitimate, I am just saying maybe Ryan made a mistake when he signed the bat?

Who knows.....maybe it is the same bat?

geoff
12-02-2006, 02:39 PM
I have dealt with them a few times and i would vouch for them.They are nice people to deal with and gave me a deal on 2 of the times i bought from them.I would have no problem in dealing with them again and again.Hope this helps a little.Geoff

kylehess10
12-02-2006, 02:47 PM
There is a mark on the barrel that I think I may have matched to the picture (look at the red circles to point out the mark I'm talking about)

minearm
12-02-2006, 03:00 PM
I thought the same initially, but if you look at where that mark is in relation to the "used 2006" writing and see how far that area is from the "powerized" branding you can see that it is not the mark in the picture.

At least that's what I feel.

allstarsplus
12-02-2006, 03:05 PM
There is a mark on the barrel that I think I may have matched to the picture (look at the red circles to point out the mark I'm talking about)

You circled the right mark on the photo during the swing but that is not the same location in the signature photo.

kylehess10
12-02-2006, 03:15 PM
oh i see now, it's about an inch difference.

brianborsch
12-03-2006, 01:30 AM
I have bought a couple of bats from Lockerroom and all have been great. In fact my friend Mike is talking about me. I am the guy who bought the bat. Once I get it I will look at it and see how it matches up with the pics.

allstarsplus
12-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Brian - I have several photos of the swing. I emailed the best one to your friend Mike in high resolution of the back of the barrell. On the back of the barrell is a distintive black bat rack mark that you can match to the grain. I believe the mark that Kyle circled is also a black bat rack mark.

If you need any additional help, please let me know.

Andrew
GameUsed@Nationals.net

richpick
12-03-2006, 02:12 PM
I think that it is funny that the athletes in the LRM photos are never smiling they seem in a bad mood. They should be proud to display their game-used stuff! Anyway it cracks me up.

kylehess10
12-03-2006, 03:16 PM
I think that it is funny that the athletes in the LRM photos are never smiling they seem in a bad mood. They should be proud to display their game-used stuff! Anyway it cracks me up.

There should be a thread with all the players expressions when having their picture taken with their stuff :D

JETEFAN
12-04-2006, 09:53 AM
In all probability being such a special moment for Zimmerman, the bat might be a bat used in that game but not "THE" bat. The notaion "walk off homer, and date" could be just to commemorate the event. It is probably as it states at the end "game used 2006" My opinion. Still a great looking bat!

suave1477
12-04-2006, 10:21 AM
I agree with JETEFAN I was thinking the same thing the bat may have been used during the same game but may not nessecarily be the exact bat. Let us know what happens when you receive the bat.

richpick
12-04-2006, 01:41 PM
http://www.lrmemo.com/photos/jv-jersey-full-ebay-145.jpg
Hey, even athletes who are asleep sign for LRM!!!!!

kylehess10
12-04-2006, 02:32 PM
http://www.lrmemo.com/photos/jv-jersey-full-ebay-145.jpg
Hey, even athletes who are asleep sign for LRM!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ifirocked
07-08-2008, 09:10 PM
has anyone delt with them befor ? also why do they never update their web site ? items that have sold well over a year ago are still listed. it's good to know they get good items but when you have 18 Wright bats and 17 are sold it's just a pain.

allstarsplus
07-08-2008, 09:16 PM
They are as good as it gets. Emil is a great guy and honest. If you buy from them, you will be impressed as their COA's are really nice too.

Good luck!

jrhrlh
07-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I have purchased a few item from them thru Ebay and they always arrived quickly and exactly as described.

island_style
07-09-2008, 06:01 AM
I was lucky enough to pick up Kurt Suzuki's (current Oakland A's starting catcher) game used catcher's gear (catcher's mask, chest protector, shin guards...all signed) from the Futures All-Star Game through Emil. I also got his game used cleats from the game through Locker Room Memorabilia.

I cannot comment on them not updating their website, but I can say that I am pleased with my purchases from them.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

intheminors
02-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Hey guys,

I have bought a couple of things from Locker Room Memorabilia - the latest a signed Jose Tabata - and have never thanked them on the Forum.

All of my orders have been through the internet but two of them have been their "Daily Specials". LRM always follows up with a confirmation e-mail, their shipping is always fast and they package them item correctly. When I received the Tabata bat, it came with clear wrap around the signature and then another set of clear wrap around the receipt and the LOA attached to the bat.

I've had nothing but positives with LRM, unfortunately I wasn't at work yesterday and missed Monday's "Deal of the Day". Crap!

I have no doubt that the people (if there are any) at Elite Sports Marketing could learn many things from Locker Room Memorabilia.

Thanks.

Kyle

GarkoCollector
02-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Rob and the guys at LRM are top notch.
Their response time to Emails leaves a lot to be desired, but if you get them by phone, they really take time to deal with you.

I'd definitely give them an A
Tom

schubert1970
02-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I've been dealing with them for 5 years now and they have been by far the best.

allstarsplus
02-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Absolutely the best. Emil really knows his stuff!!!