PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Time For MLB.com Auctions Purchases

frikativ54
07-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey Everybody,

I just bought my first few purchases from MLB.com Auctions. I was very happy with my MLB Authenticated Eduardo Perez bat, so I decided to buy some game-used baseballs and a game-used lineup card from their online auction site.

To my dismay, the fine print said that it would take up to four weeks for the items to be shipped and delivered. What have you guys found with the shipping time for MLB.com Auctions? Is it really that slow? I am having stuff delivered to my Seattle-area home address fwiw.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Frik

dcgreg25
07-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I have purchased several items ranging from baseballs to jerseys to bases and always received it within a week to ten days like clockwork. I know some others have had problems with the shipping but I have no complaints.

HOWEVER, their customer service is TERRIBLE. They are only reachable via e-mail and not very responsive. Half of the time they dont answer your question appropriately if you are lucky enough to get an answer before the end of the auction- often times even with simple questions.

A phone number for questions to someone who understands what they are selling would be a great start.

Just my 2 cents.

stlbats
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Last bat I won on MLB auctions took 3 weeks to get.

Thanks
Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

joelsabi
07-08-2008, 09:33 PM
i would email them. i bought a lineup card from them that has been my favorite purchase this year and had not heard from them and i lost track of time since i thought mlb.com wouldnt screw me. they email me back and said they would get back to me since they needed to contact the vendor. after that i got my item. there should not be a problem but maybe with the amount of items they deal with communication with their vendor could be overlooked. so mlb.com does not own lots of the stuff but allow vendors to auction their items on the mlb,com site.

CampWest
07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
The baseball I bought off MLB.com took right at 30 days to arrive.

Yeah, it was slow. That was in December, so maybe they were shorthanded or overly busy, but it took a while.

bigtruck260
07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
My stuff came within a week.

I ordered 3 game used baseballs from the Cardinals - they shipped from the stadium. Any questions I have ever had have been answered by the retail store manager.

I did order a print once that took over a month to arrive, but after I called them, they immediately sent another one (got there in 2 days) - and a month later...the other showed up. Made a great Christmas gift!

nomarmauerfan
07-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I won a jersey from mlb.com and it took 6 weeks to arrive. As has been stated, the customer service is awful. Its hard to be patient when you're waiting for something, but with mlb.com, you have no choice.

Best wishes,
Mike

AstrosCollector
07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I have purchased a handful of items from MLB.com auctions and have always been very happy with the shipping time. I purchased a game used WBC ball, a WBC name plate, and two different WBC game used jerseys and received them all within a week and a half of payment. Some items sooner than others, but all within about a week and a half. Each of these items were shipped from MLB.com Auctions headquarters in NY.

I have purchased a couple different Astros game worn jerseys off of MLB.com auctions that were shipped directly from the Astros and those too were shipped pretty quick, within about a week.

What baseballs did you pick up Frik?

Good Luck,
Andy

AWA85
07-09-2008, 03:29 PM
So.......... you guys are saying I don't have to worry about checking for the mail or the DHL truck after last nights auction just yet? :cool:

frikativ54
07-13-2008, 05:10 AM
i would email them. i bought a lineup card from them that has been my favorite purchase this year and had not heard from them and i lost track of time since i thought mlb.com wouldnt screw me. they email me back and said they would get back to me since they needed to contact the vendor. after that i got my item.

I'm not sure I'd email them right now, because I just won the items a few days ago. But out of curiosity, how long are we talking about with your lineup card - was it weeks or months?