PDA

View Full Version : All Star Week tickets available!!!

suave1477
07-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Hello Guys I may have some extra tickets for the All Star Week.

3 tickets for the All Star Fan Fest Sunday

1 possibly 2 tickets available for the All Star Futures game & Celebrity Game.

If your interested email me suave1477@yahoo.com

suave1477
07-11-2008, 10:12 AM
I DONT MEAN TO POST AGAIN SO QUICKLY BUT SINCE WE ARE ONLY DAYS AWAY I WANTED TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAD A CHANCE TO SEE THIS AND IM WILLING TO DO A LOCAL PICK UP OR IF YOUR INTERESTED TO OVERNIGHT MAIL THE TICKETS TO YOU

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED PLEASE EMAIL!!!

3 FAN FEST TICKETS - SUNDAY

3 TICKETS TO THE FUTURES GAME AND INCLUDES CELEBRITY GAME

OFFERING THESE TICKETS BELOW FACE VALUE

suave1477@yahoo.com

allstarsplus
07-13-2008, 09:11 AM
suave1477@yahoo.com Suave - I already have tickets but if anyone is going to FanFest today and want to meet up, call me at my # below. Also, I am sitting in Section BX34 Row H Seat 5 for today and the HR Derby if you want to stop by and say Hi.

Also, I am staying at the Grand Hyatt where the players are staying so if you need access and want to stop by give me a call.

I am hopefully meeting up with George and Anthony Richardson and hopefully more of us can meet up!

suave1477
07-13-2008, 09:43 AM
All Star sorry caught your message a bit late.

I will be in section 19 for the Home Run derby and for the All Star Game.

I am on my way now to the Futures and Celebrity Game.

allstarsplus
07-13-2008, 03:25 PM
All Star sorry caught your message a bit late.

I will be in section 19 for the Home Run derby and for the All Star Game.

I am on my way now to the Futures and Celebrity Game.

On my way to the Celebrity game too.

Fanfest was one of the better ones. Picked up some game used Expos jerseys as a dealer had 100's of them. Unfortunately most of the star players were gone already. Didn't see much else as far as game used items that were for sale.

Don Mattingly was at a booth and after he finished he was shuttled out with a security detail.

The mock Yankee stadium photo opportunity was cool as well as the mock locker room.

I got Speed Passes to get to the front of the lines so we bypassed the 2 hour line for the batting cages and some of the other attractions.

I will Post photos later.

suave1477
07-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Allstar just got back I also went to the fan fest I saw the Expos Game Used Jerseys I found a couple of interesting ones but didn't pick any up as none as you mentioned were anything to really peak my interests.

I actually tried out the pitching cage. Here is something really funny. Now please take in mind everyone I have absolutely no arm strength when it comes to throwing.
I tried it over hand as thats the way I have thrown my whole life and hit 48mph - No Big Deal / rather weak.
I said to myself let me try side arm - which I have never done before
and I hit 68mph I was so shocked that I didnt know to be more excited that I could throw that hard or the fact I threw that hard sidearm which I have never thrown that way before.:rolleyes:

I also met BMH very nice guy

I was a bit disapointed by the fan fest I don't know it needed something more and it seemed like everything was a bit more geared towards kids, which I would expect but I also think it should have a bit more there for adults.

I was also very disapointed by the 2nd floor where all the vendors were as there hardly was any. I have been to Baseball card shows that had ten times the amount of Vendors to have more variety of things.

There also was hardly any Game Used Vendors just the Expos Game Used Jerseys, Locker Room Memorabilia and one other guy who was selling a couple of game used bats marked up double of what you can get them off ebay.

DonFan23
07-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Guys,

I know the crowd was light today, but how did it seem getting in and out? I'm contemplating driving for the Derby (taking my son) and taking the subway Tuesday night. Parking can't be any more expensive than it was near the convention center for Fan Fest - $50.

R.J.

suave1477
07-13-2008, 09:02 PM
RJ I wish you told me you were going there was a Garage a few blocks up charging $30 all day to park.

Where are you driving in from?

I ask this because regardless of anything your best bet is to drive near the stadium or park in any boro other then Manhattan and take a train there.

kylehess10
07-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I was at the Fanfest yesterday (the 12th) and I thought it was a complete waste. Those lines were ridiculous and I also saw those Expos game worn jerseys but for $110 I didn't think they were worth it. Did you guys see those Yankees game used homerun bats though? Those were pretty sweet but I didn't even bother to ask the price because I knew they would be pretty high. I liked the Sheffield bat that was used for like 5 homeruns. I was in line to meet Juan Marichal and right before he signed they said we couldn't have our own items signed and that they would supply us with photos. What crap I went through with them. If anybody isn't going to the Homerun Derby tomorrow, I'll be at the ESPN Zone promptly at 8 so look out for me. I'll also be there at 8 for the All Star Game on the 15th.

frikativ54
07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
I was at the Fanfest yesterday (the 12th) and I thought it was a complete waste. Those lines were ridiculous and I also saw those Expos game worn jerseys but for $110 I didn't think they were worth it. Did you guys see those Yankees game used homerun bats though? Those were pretty sweet but I didn't even bother to ask the price because I knew they would be pretty high. I liked the Sheffield bat that was used for like 5 homeruns. I was in line to meet Juan Marichal and right before he signed they said we couldn't have our own items signed and that they would supply us with photos. What crap I went through with them. If anybody isn't going to the Homerun Derby tomorrow, I'll be at the ESPN Zone promptly at 8 so look out for me. I'll also be there at 8 for the All Star Game on the 15th.

What Expos jerseys did they have? Did they have game-used bases? Keep me posted on FanFest, Kyle.

kylehess10
07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
What Expos jerseys did they have? Did they have game-used bases? Keep me posted on FanFest, Kyle.

You'd have to ask one of the others that was there for who exactly was in the Expos pile, because I only took a quick look not expecting to see anybody big. But there were stacks and stacks of jerseys; maybe about 150-200. Each were $110. If they were $50 then it would've been another story for me, but I remember hearing about these same people selling these Expos jerseys at the National before. Not sure where they got them all from though. There were only 2 people I dealers in the whole fanfest who had game used; which was the Expos dealers and some guys selling a big lot of Yankees game used homerun bats. I didn't see any bases but at Yankee Stadium and the few Yankees stores around Manhatten, they have a lot of Derek Jeter signed game used bases.

Dewey2007
07-13-2008, 09:55 PM
This all sounds exactly like the Fan Fest at the All-Star game in San Francisco last year. Great event for kids. Hopefully they had the BHOF exhibit there. That to me was the best thing I saw at the whole event.

BergerKing22784
07-13-2008, 10:10 PM
I will be up in New York City Tuesday and Wednesday if anyone has tickets to the actual game they want to sell at face value hit me up at
brian.berger@cablespeed.com hahaha I know its a long shot but hey its worth a try =) I would love to go but yeah cant afford more than face.

BMH
07-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Allstar just got back I also went to the fan fest I saw the Expos Game Used Jerseys I found a couple of interesting ones but didn't pick any up as none as you mentioned were anything to really peak my interests.

I actually tried out the pitching cage. Here is something really funny. Now please take in mind everyone I have absolutely no arm strength when it comes to throwing.
I tried it over hand as thats the way I have thrown my whole life and hit 48mph - No Big Deal / rather weak.
I said to myself let me try side arm - which I have never done before
and I hit 68mph I was so shocked that I didnt know to be more excited that I could throw that hard or the fact I threw that hard sidearm which I have never thrown that way before.:rolleyes:

I also met BMH very nice guy

I was a bit disapointed by the fan fest I don't know it needed something more and it seemed like everything was a bit more geared towards kids, which I would expect but I also think it should have a bit more there for adults.

I was also very disapointed by the 2nd floor where all the vendors were as there hardly was any. I have been to Baseball card shows that had ten times the amount of Vendors to have more variety of things.

There also was hardly any Game Used Vendors just the Expos Game Used Jerseys, Locker Room Memorabilia and one other guy who was selling a couple of game used bats marked up double of what you can get them off ebay.

It was great meeting you to Suave, though you didn't stick around very long. We were a little busy but I had the easy job, paint fill and stare at the gorgeous brunette selling shoes next to us:)

Today was rough, busy the whole time then I got to meet our other reps back at the hotel and drive to the stadium to start stuffing lockers. It's been a very long day! Room service is good though.

suave1477
07-13-2008, 11:25 PM
BMH sorry I didnt stick around but you seemed busy and I understand your at your place of work so instead I figured I would let you get back to doing what you were doing and we'd meet again on the forum.

By the way did you get her number? lol lol:D

frikativ54
07-14-2008, 03:33 AM
It was great meeting you to Suave, though you didn't stick around very long. We were a little busy but I had the easy job, paint fill and stare at the gorgeous brunette selling shoes next to us:)

Today was rough, busy the whole time then I got to meet our other reps back at the hotel and drive to the stadium to start stuffing lockers. It's been a very long day! Room service is good though.

Did the gorgeous lady entice you enough to find out what shoes she was selling? Were they game-used? What players? If anybody sees any Bagwell stuff, I am willing to pay top prices for the items - especially cleats.

BMH
07-14-2008, 06:52 AM
The only reason I knew she was selling shoes is she had a Reebok logo on her chest :)

BMH
07-14-2008, 06:54 AM
No number, I did sell her three bats...I one of those crazy guys still in love with my wife. My partner on the other hand probably misspelled a dozen names every time she bent down to grab another box of shoes. That is why I took the easy job, it's hard to screw up, "wax on, wax off".

frikativ54
07-14-2008, 07:31 AM
The only reason I knew she was selling shoes is she had a Reebok logo on her chest :)

:D Well, Bagwell never wore Reeboks, so I guess I didn't miss anything (except for the lady :p )!

DonFan23
07-14-2008, 08:38 AM
RJ I wish you told me you were going there was a Garage a few blocks up charging $30 all day to park.

Where are you driving in from?

I ask this because regardless of anything your best bet is to drive near the stadium or park in any boro other then Manhattan and take a train there.

Jason,

I had my young son and his friends in tow - that's why I agreed to be "violated" to park near the Javitz.

Same deal tonight - taking my son, so I'll probably get there early and hit Lot 3. Tomorrow is another story.

R.J.

suave1477
07-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Jason,

I had my young son and his friends in tow - that's why I agreed to be "violated" to park near the Javitz.

Same deal tonight - taking my son, so I'll probably get there early and hit Lot 3. Tomorrow is another story.

R.J.

As mentioned before I suggest driving near the stadium say about a train stop away and parking on the street and taking the train one stop up. Traffic getting in and out of there is going to be crazy.

DonFan23
07-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Easy in-easy out. Parked in Lot 3, and it was an easier ride than for some regular season games. Had dinner in the Pub and sat right next to Steve Garvey and his family. From what I saw on Sports Center, TV didn't compare to seeing Hamilton's blasts in person. Can't wait for tonight!
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l217/donfan23/FanfestandHRDerby136HamiltonBlast.jpg

allstarsplus
07-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Crazy time last night!!! I only got to meet up with a few Forum members and Anthony Richardson spent his lunch hour with me as we were the uncredentialed guests (lol) in the ESPN press conference for the HR Derby.

Did anyone hear the news conference on ESPN News at 1PM yesterday? I will try to paraphrase. A reporter asked if anyone was going to hit one out of Yankee Stadium and no one answered until Josh Hamilton piped up and said something like "Sure, one of us will hit one out and maybe hit the subway!" In the second photo you can see the National League guys all laughing about it.

There I am sitting in ARod's seat at the individual interviews.

Our seats were crazy as we were right there in Box 34 above the Nationals League dugout right where Chris Berman was seated.