PDA

View Full Version : Fort Worth Cats items..

jerseydave.com
07-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I know its a long shot, but does anyone have any game used Fort Worth Cats items? Looking for programs, photos, jerseys, bats, ticket stubs, autographs, etc... Can be current or also looking for Vintage stuff. Duke Snider, Bobby Bragan, and Maury Wills items would be especially appreciated.. thanks for the read..

David
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

Fnazxc0114
07-06-2008, 10:48 PM
hey dave thought this might interest you take care
http://cgi.ebay.com/1950-VINTAGE-FORT-WORTH-CATS-PLAYER-WEDDING-PROGRAM-FT_W0QQitemZ360068070054QQihZ023QQcategoryZ29490QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

intheminors
07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Their team shop usually has what you would be looking for. And they are fairly good about offering gamers after the season is over.

jerseydave.com
07-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks Kyle, I am aware of what the Cats sell. I bought a couple of good items and one bad item from you when you worked for them...

David
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

intheminors
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
David,

Just trying to help. By the way, if you bought a bad item from me... why have you contacted me since then looking to buy some of my other Cats items? Seems odd to me.

I know you're bitter about it and I tried to apologize and make the situation right. I try to stay in good graces with people on the board. But, unfortunately in this hobby, it's just not always the case. Like I said, I've tried. Throw stones if you want.

Kyle

jerseydave.com
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks Kyle, you have said enough. I don't think I have contacted you in a long long time, nor do I plan to again. And when I contacted you, it was to look at autographed items.. never have I tried to buy anything from you that was game worn since that transaction. As for taking care of it, the Fort Worth Cats team with Monty Clegg took care of it, you did not sir. There is no need to throw stones, just as I have stated to you before, I won't deal with you again and I would appreciate it if you stayed far far away from me..

David Serviss
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

jerseydave.com
07-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Kyle, since we are throwing stones. I have a 2nd question for you to ask if you did it to me twice. Mel Hall only played a 1/2 season for the Fort Worth Cats as a player/coach right? The very 1st time I met you, I pre-paid for the White jersey that Mel Hall would wear for that season and paid you $150.00. You also told me the players would only be issued 1 Home jersey and 1 Away jersey.

In the middle of the season, Hall left the team and was replaced by someone else. Now, at that time the #30 jersey was issued to another player. I e-mailed you while you were working for the Cats and asked if the jersey I had pre-paid for was being re-used, as if it was.. I wanted my money back. You had me come pick the jersey up a few days later.. It was the home white jersey.

So here's my question, if you sold me that jersey.. why do you have it on your site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18590321@N04/1904706966/

Now what is really funny, the jersey you sold me never had the left sleeve patch on it.. yet yours does..

So you tell me, what jersey did you give me that had the #30 on it? I always wondered why mine had no sleeve patches and why the #'s on the jersey looked brand new, especially since it was worn for 1/2 a season.

So you sold me a non-used Wayne Terwilliger jersey as game used which it was not.. and then you sold me a Mel Hall jersey from his only season there..

Please explain Kyle, I would greatly appreciate it..

David Serviss
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

intheminors
07-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Dave,

I'd be happy to answer your questions:

I despise the fact that you had to name drop, especially since I know Monty is not a member of the board. However, I did call him about an hour ago and we revisited the situation. He remembers you calling him but doesn't remember any solution that involved him.

Since you are a fan of the Fort Worth Cats, you should know that the team's first season back in the modern era was at Lon Goldstein Field. Motion Envelopes was a sponsor the first season only. The jersey that you posted the link for was worn during the 1st season. I had Mel sign it when he came in to pick up his paycheck one day. Nowhere on that page does it say game-worn by Mel Hall. Also, in that group, there are Cats jerseys signed by Sparky Anderson, Maury Wills and Bobby Bragan. I hope you are aware that those are not game-worn either, since it seems to be confusing for you. Those are what some people call "replicas".

Hope this helps.

Kyle

jerseydave.com
07-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Still looking for Cat's items... hopefully my want ad won't get polluted anymore..

David
Jerseydaves@yahoo.com <--- New e-mail address

jerseydave.com
07-27-2008, 11:14 PM
refresh..still looking..thanks..

David
Jerseydaves@yahoo.com