PDA

View Full Version : Steiner prices at Yankee Stadium

kylehess10
07-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Went to the Yankees/Red Sox game yesterday and walked around the stores all around Yankee Stadium. In two of the stores they have special Steiner sections with game used for sale. Prices were crazy! Check out this price for an A-Rod hat:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/arod.jpg

They mainly had stuff that was used ON the field, for example I saw a game used home plate, pitching mound, and a few line-up cards.

yanks12025
07-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Kyle,
How was your first yankee game at the stadium. Did you get any BP balls or any autographs.

kylehess10
07-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Kyle,
How was your first yankee game at the stadium. Did you get any BP balls or any autographs.

It was actually pretty fun. The seats are a lot closer than at Turner Field. I originally had the 2nd to last section in the upper tier, but I just went down to the lower level and found this little stairs that everybody hangs out at and it's a great view too. As for BP, I think I missed it cuz I got there a little late. It was about an hour before gametime when I arrived. I'm goin to one more Yankees game on the 8th then the Mets on the 9th.

Tay1038
07-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Kyle,
I'm heading out that way in late August for the BoSox/Yanks series. It will be my first time out there. Any suggestions on hotels? Looking for decent price. Don't need anything luxury. Any good bars around town? What would be the best airport to fly into? Newark? or JFK? Transportation wise.. Rent a car or take taxi? I'm planning on Sunday-Wednesday.

Thanks,
Taylor
Tay1038@aol.com

jgoldstein2000
07-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Kyle. I was there too. First time at Yankee Stadium. Did you stay through the rain delay?

suave1477
07-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Kyle,
I'm heading out that way in late August for the BoSox/Yanks series. It will be my first time out there. Any suggestions on hotels? Looking for decent price. Don't need anything luxury. Any good bars around town? What would be the best airport to fly into? Newark? or JFK? Transportation wise.. Rent a car or take taxi? I'm planning on Sunday-Wednesday.

Thanks,
Taylor
Tay1038@aol.com

I live here your best bet for Hotels to save money on look for hotels in the outer boros. In NYC there are tons of bars clubs lounges just depends on the crowd/atmosphere your looking for. I prefer JFK it is easy access to everything but there is also Laguardia, forget Newark. I wouldnt suggest renting a car or a taxi. The Subway system is the easiest / cheapest way to go.

jgoldstein2000
07-05-2008, 06:47 PM
I just moved to your city Suave. It's a great one!

kylehess10
07-05-2008, 07:12 PM
tay1038 - Don't use JFK! I had a lot of problems when I left this past Wednesday. First, there was a regular 45-minute delay, but then we finally got onto the plane. While we were on the runway, the captain said that there were so many planes going into JFK that we had to just sit on the runway for another hour. Wayyyy too long. Then when we finally arrived at JFK, it took 30 minutes just for the luggage to start coming out, and another 5 minutes just for my luggage to come out. Also, for traveling around the city, I'd just use the subways. The wait wasn't long at all for each train to come plus it costs only $7 for 4 rides (or $2 each). You have to know though beforehand which subway you need to take because to get to some places, you have a get a transfer, and New York really isn't the city to get lost in.

jgoldstein2000 - Nope, everybody else was leaving because we all thought the game was gonna be called since it started raining harder. I left and just went to Ground Zero then the NY Harbor for the fireworks. I never realized how small Yankee Stadium is! You can't move for nothin,,,,no leg room and hot dog lines blocking everybody from moving. Maybe it was just because it was July 4th? (or being that Boston was in town)

yanks12025
07-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Kyle,
Did you get to sit on the subway to ground zero or have to stand. When i went i took the tour of the stadium at 1, then took the subway to ground zero went to the harbor also. Then took the subway back to the stadium and watched the yanks get killed at 7:00. Also i had to stand almost the whole ride to ground zero.

Also anyone going to yankee stadium for the first time should do the tour its good.

kylehess10
07-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Kyle,
Did you get to sit on the subway to ground zero or have to stand. When i went i took the tour of the stadium at 1, then took the subway to ground zero went to the harbor also. Then took the subway back to the stadium and watched the yanks get killed at 7:00. Also i had to stand almost the whole ride to ground zero.

Also anyone going to yankee stadium for the first time should do the tour its good.

I sat. There wasn't that many people on the subway until that night right after the fireworks when everybody who was watching them (which was in the thousands) all tried to fit into 1 subway ride.

whatupyos
07-05-2008, 09:42 PM
When are the stadium tours? I'm going in two weeks for the A's v. Yanks. They are both 1pm games. What subway do you take to get to Yankee stadium? I also want to go see the Statue of Liberty.

kylehess10
07-05-2008, 11:03 PM
When are the stadium tours? I'm going in two weeks for the A's v. Yanks. They are both 1pm games. What subway do you take to get to Yankee stadium? I also want to go see the Statue of Liberty.

From the 34th St./Herald Square subway, take the BD train all the way to 161st Street. For the Statue of Liberty, I took the 4 train from Grand Central Station to Wall Street (though I walked to WTC first, there might be another stop on that line that's quicker to get to the Statue of Liberty)

Sheffield11
07-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Went to the Yankees/Red Sox game yesterday and walked around the stores all around Yankee Stadium. In two of the stores they have special Steiner sections with game used for sale. Prices were crazy! Check out this price for an A-Rod hat:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/arod.jpg

They mainly had stuff that was used ON the field, for example I saw a game used home plate, pitching mound, and a few line-up cards.

Hmmmm reminds me of something...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-Signed-2008-Game-Used-Baseball-Cap-MVP_W0QQitemZ320266876587QQihZ011QQcategoryZ50117Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

suave1477
07-05-2008, 11:17 PM
JGoldstein welcome to New York it is a great city especially for sports fans, a lot of rivalries that fans are passionate about. Especially when a Yankee fan sees a Red Sox fan lol lol

The quickest way to the Stadium take the 4 train it runs express to 161st street Yankee Stadium.

yanks12025
07-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Stadium tours are only for games that are at 7 or if their is no game that day. They run tours at 12 and 1 and its $20. If you go when the yankees have an off day you get to go in the clubhouse.

cigarman44
07-06-2008, 08:21 AM
"Free case with buy it now!" :D

Hmmmm reminds me of something...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-Signed-2008-Game-Used-Baseball-Cap-MVP_W0QQitemZ320266876587QQihZ011QQcategoryZ50117Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mvandor
07-06-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure I would shell out 4 gr for Babe Ruth's smelly old hat, let alone ARod's. Perhaps Steiner missed the memo about the recession!

cjclong
07-07-2008, 11:46 AM
You ought to check ahead about stadium tours. I understand most of them are sold out in advance now now. Definitely take the 4 train subway. When we first went to the stadium years ago we took cabs and it cost a fortune and we got stuck in traffic. Like a lot of out of towners we were scared of the subway but once we tried it we found it to be safe, cheap and fast.

whatupyos
07-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all the helpful info. Since I'm there for days games, I guess I'm SOL on the tours but its all good. I just want to say I have been to Yankee Stadium. As for the subway, I've rode BART...our subway/railway in the Bay Area and I can't see the NY subway being any different. BART has its share of shady cats/bums/weirdos and theives so I'm sure I'll feel right at home.

suave1477
07-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Whatupyos youll be fine just dont act like a tourist esepcially if I see you on the train.

Ill be like, here is another one of those $%^&* tourists again :D :D

kylehess10
07-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't understand why people would be scared of the subways :D

I was actually anxious to get on it since I haven't in so long. But I also can't stand the tourists,,,,the ones who take pictures in the subway acting as if it's the most famous thing on earth. Also I can't stand the people who just stop in the middle of the busy sidewalks in the city going "ooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhh" at the buildings :D

It's a building, calmmmmm yourselves. Every city has them

Dewey2007
07-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I was glad to see that the Yankees marked Kyle's visit to the stadium by putting a big sign out in centerfield that said HESS ;) That must have been unexpected...

Tedw9
07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't understand why people would be scared of the subways :D

I was actually anxious to get on it since I haven't in so long. But I also can't stand the tourists,,,,the ones who take pictures in the subway acting as if it's the most famous thing on earth. Also I can't stand the people who just stop in the middle of the busy sidewalks in the city going "ooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhh" at the buildings :D

It's a building, calmmmmm yourselves. Every city has them

Hey, I'm gonna be one of those tourist standing on the sidewalk checking out the buildings this weekend! I'm bringing my 15 y/o daughter on her first trip to NYC. Where I come from, the tallest building within 25 miles is TWO stories tall. Lots of mountains, trees and water, but no skyscrapers.

So if you see a long haired Red Sox fan standing there looking lost with his family, please stop and give me directions! :D

suave1477
07-07-2008, 11:53 PM
TedW dont worry ill be the guy that walks up to you with the Yankees cap on, telling you exactly where to go lol lol:D

trsent
07-08-2008, 02:05 AM
TedW dont worry ill be the guy that walks up to you with the Yankees cap on, telling you exactly where to go lol lol:D

I would find a mature sports fan for directions who wouldn't hold a team you root for against you by sabotaging your trip with the threat of false directions because you support a rival sports team.

I personally support the US Armed forces right now myself as my favorite team.

frikativ54
07-08-2008, 03:13 AM
I would find a mature sports fan for directions who wouldn't hold a team you root for against you by sabotaging your trip with the threat of false directions because you support a rival sports team.

I personally support the US Armed forces right now myself as my favorite team.

I think he was joking. :p

whatupyos
07-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Frikativ--

Didn't you know Obama supporters dont have a sense of humor??

trsent
07-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Frikativ--

Didn't you know Obama supporters dont have a sense of humor??

That is not true!

Didn't you know if the TelePrompter tells you to laugh or smile, you do it?