PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Jordan Olympic Jersey (with pics)

mmonte4
03-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Hello all. I recently got my hands on this jersey. It is authentic and pro-cut as you can see. It was obtained in the summer of 1992 during the olympic games. I have been told by a Jordan expert (he is selling the game worn 92 jersey for $75k) that 50 or less of these exist. But, I've yet to see one other than the 2 game used jerseys. I plan on getting this signed in Aug. by MJ himself. TONS of fake dream team jordan jerseys are floating around on ebay that are so badly done its laughable. I payed a pretty good amount for this item. How would you value it? Have you ever seen one for sale?

mmonte4
03-04-2006, 07:34 PM
also- where on the jersey is the best place to get MJ to sign?

mchmaj
03-04-2006, 08:49 PM
BUT did the USA DREAM TEAM of 1992 had their uniforms' numbers and letters heavy screened on ??
AND your jersey that u posted have #9 and jordan are sewn on ???

LMK
thanks
marcus

mmonte4
03-04-2006, 09:10 PM
yes sir. This one is sewn on, as all authentic champion jerseys were from 92-93 and beyond I believe. The game worn olympic jerseys were in fact screened. This jersey was purchased in during the 92 olympics in Italy at a sporting outlet. Im under the impression that a VERY limited amount were made available at retail overseas.

hblakewolf
03-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I have seen Jordans game worn Olympic jersey. Compared to yours, there are some major differences. The jersey worn by Jordan had an additional tag in te tail that identified it as being made for the Olympics. Likewise, all the printing was screened, not sewn.

FYI

Howardf Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

mmonte4
03-05-2006, 01:47 AM
As for the tagging- i believe that all authentic champion jerseys prior to 93 did not contain the special tagging used on the player issued jerseys.

I included the 92 and 93 jordan authentic all star jerseys as examples.

Im not sure about the sewn on vs no sewn on version though. Apparently a sewn on authentic jersey was available in europe at the time (1992). The screen on was player only.

Either that, or I just bought a really good FAKE!

mmonte4
03-05-2006, 01:48 AM
Its tough to see but the 93 jersey has the Utah tag next to the champion tag

trsent
03-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Let me preface what I am about to say: I have bought and sold two Game Worn Jordan Olympic Jerseys in the past 12 years, one came with his charity letter. I have also sold a couple game-issued, Never worn jerseys.

I would say in my opinion that this is not a pro-cut and most likely some form of an authentic Champion jersey that someone other than the factory added the names and numbers. I have never seen a Champion authentic jersey that would have a different type of lettering than was actually worn on the court. This is their common practice.

Cool jersey, probably worth a couple hundred bucks. definitely not a pro-cut as MMONTE described.

mchmaj
03-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I Second !!!

mmonte4
03-05-2006, 05:06 PM
you may well be right Joel. So we will say it is authentic champion.

Lemme ask you- how much did you get for the game issued Jordan Olympic jerseys? I would be interested in getting my hands on one

trsent
03-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Lemme ask you- how much did you get for the game issued Jordan Olympic jerseys? I would be interested in getting my hands on one

I have not had a game issued one in over five years, but I can tell you back then they sold for around $5000.00 each.

mmonte4
03-05-2006, 09:45 PM
do you know of anywhere where i can get a pre 92 pro cut jordan bulls jersey? Or a pre 96 authentic all star jersey?