PDA

View Full Version : camden yards connections???

markize
07-03-2008, 03:05 PM
ok, i'm not really sure this is where this belongs, but i am going to give it a shot...........i have tickets to the orioles/yankees games on 8/23, and 8/24. the seats are great (front row at third base). i am looking for anyone who might know a security guard, or have other connections. i have a Jeter bat i want to take into the stadium, but they don't allow it. i have gotten him to sign for me in the past, so i know it's possible. so does anyone know someone who can help my bat gain entry? while i'm at it, does anyone have any other connections? maybe get me down the ramp where the team bus comes in? ok, i went this far, how about onto the field for BP? alright, maybe i went too far, but no harm in trying, right? i am willing to grease the wheels of progress if needed. all help/info greatly appreciated.

mark

Vintagedeputy
07-03-2008, 03:21 PM
I shouldnt give away one of my secrets, but one time I put a bat in a bat tube, wore a pair of very large sweat pants, and slipped the tube down the pant leg. Then just walk with a limp. Either no one will notice or the staff will extend courtesies to you since you are "handicapped".

Once inside, change clothes in the bathroom and go get your bat signed.

markize
07-03-2008, 03:25 PM
excellent idea. in fact, i have already experimented with that idea. i tried on clothes while my wife laughed at me, and called me crazy!! i think i have the clother that will get it in.....i hope

orioles03
07-03-2008, 03:51 PM
i use to bat boy for visiting teams at camden yards so trust me he will not sign the bat they rope off the first three rows at camden yards the usher at the entrance of the dugout where the players come out name is jerry he wont let you down there unless you have a ticket.
what else you could try is go inside the stadium without the bat have someone else stand outside once you get in go tto the third base side where the gates are and have them hand you the bat go to the gates by the pizza stand on the third base sideno ushers just vendors are in that area and then meet up with your other person have him come inside and try it but security is very tight one series when i was bat boy for the yankees my parents came to take pics and give me something they could not even get in .any other team other than yankees or red sox you would be able to get it signed . i had to get a jeter bat signed for one of the o's players and he would not even sign a bat for a player so good luck but i would keep the bat home you would probally have a better chance winning the lottery don't want to sound mean but it's true.

geoff
07-03-2008, 03:51 PM
At Camden Yards they will make you Check the Bat I heard.The Manager in the Team Store told me they don't allow Bats inside the Stadium at all.Good Luck and I do hope you get that Bat Signed.Go outside before the Game and wait for the Players to pull up in there Rental Cars or Cabs.I always have good luck getting Autographs that way and go down there all the time if I will be at the Game.I get there about 1pm and have done well for myself so far this Year.Its Crowded outside for the Yankkes though.But if you see Jeter and he see's the Bat who knows you might get lucky.

jwasserman
07-03-2008, 04:05 PM
I brought a bat in to get signed and was stopped at the gate. I told the user I had bought the bat at the Orioles store and was taking it back for an exchange. He let me go right by.

BergerKing22784
07-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah I would try the bat tube idea. My buddy was given a bat by Sandy Alomar Jr in exchange for some Starting lineup figures all he went and did was go get a bat tube from the Stick by Stan stand and he was walking around with it no trouble. Its funny you can not bring in bats but they will sell you them inside the stadium. I guess if you want to committ a crime with a bat in the stadium you have to buy your weapon inside the stadium first!