PDA

View Full Version : OT: Season Ticket Holders Paying PSL's

BULBUS
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Any season ticket holders out there paying or are going to be paying for Personal Seat Licenses (PSL's)? I'm a Giants season ticket holder since 1976, well my aunt had them since '76. I've been going to games since 1984 and took over the tickets in 1997. Anyway, I have 2 seats that are field level, located on the corner of the endzone. It looks like they are going to want a few thousand per seat (a one time fee) just to buy my season tickets which I'm sure the price of those are going to skyrocket. It looks like my choices are to give up the tickets or sell my tickets for the next few seasons until the PSL is paid off. Anyone else out there feel my pain?

orioles03
07-02-2008, 01:34 PM
in 2007 i paid $4000 for my ravens psl's for two seats it cost me $600 a season per seat for tickets. i figure it is an investment i could always get more if i ever decide to sell. even though the seats are one row apart i can still stand and have a great view section 506. i know they are expensive but it is an investment more than anything unless they go on a ten year losing streak than i'm screwed!

orioles03
07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
don't sell your psl's you could always just get the tickets and sell for more than face that is something you can pass down to your kids ad if you ever need $ you could always make a good profit trust me i researched a year before i found my psl's what do the giants require you to do for psl's i had to get the guy to get a notarized paper and than had to pay ravens $50 a seat to transfer

Vintagedeputy
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
ok I'm lost - what is a personal seat license?

Dewey2007
07-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Is the PSL fee for the life of the seats? If it is then I would say it's probably worth it especially if you like your seats.

I went in on Raiders seasons tix when they returned to Oakland and they charged a PSL. Ours was $1,000 per seat. The only catch was the PSL was only for 10 years. They pro-rated the PSL over the ten years so we didn't have to come up with a lot of money all at once which was nice but if they had charged a one time fee for the life of the seats (and didn't stink so bad the last five years) I would probably still have the seats.

orioles03
07-02-2008, 02:27 PM
you own the seats for as long a you continue paying season tickets one time fee they are your seats for life you have the rights to tickets ,other events ,etc .i helps the teams for improvements free agents .now i dont have to go around finding tickets at jacket up prices .for example the ravens just called me today saying i got selected for 4 navy/notre dame tickets at face value psl owners get first shot

orioles03
07-02-2008, 02:34 PM
the ravens have a waiting list when i was looking to purchase it was about 7-8 years long so i went paid a little more than face value i could not be happier the best purchase i have ever made

BULBUS
07-02-2008, 02:34 PM
For the Giants, the PSL is a one time fee. The only advantage over the old way, you can now transfer your tickets to any third party person, not just immediate family.

I'll probably keep the seats, but like I said, I'm going to have to sell my tickets for a while. With my pair of tickets going between 400 and 600 these days, I guess it shouldnt take that long. It's just going to stink not being able to go to the games.

ok I'm lost - what is a personal seat license?

Basically, its another way to squeeze more money out of the fans. Here is an article that was on MSN today:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8305630?MSNHPHMA

orioles03
07-02-2008, 02:45 PM
so if you have tickets for the old giants stadium how much will tickets cost when they move into the new stadium. your psl's transfer right? how do the sections line up i'm not sure when they are moving? by the wy how much do your psl's cost if you dont mind me asking where i sit they are $1000 face for psl's i paid $2000 a seat so the guy who sold them to me made a nice profit

BULBUS
07-02-2008, 03:00 PM
so if you have tickets for the old giants stadium how much will tickets cost when they move into the new stadium. your psl's transfer right? how do the sections line up i'm not sure when they are moving? by the wy how much do your psl's cost if you dont mind me asking where i sit they are $1000 face for psl's i paid $2000 a seat so the guy who sold them to me made a nice profit

we dont have psl's right now in the old stadium. the giants will move into their new stadium in 2010. thats when the psl's will kick in. the owners say they didnt intend to have these psl's when they began to build the stadium, but the escalating cost forced them. the psl's will cost between 1,000 and 20,000 per seat. the uper level of course will be 1,000. i'm not sure how much my seats will be. i'm guessing in the 3 - 5k range. i should find out soon. the things that bugs me are, the giants are sharing the stadium with the jets, they now have corporate sponsors (budwiser and metlife will be plastered all over the stadium), and they just won the superbowl which i'm sure is bringing in huge revenue.

orioles03
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
gotcha so season ticket holders get first shot at psl's trust me they are worth buying i had to sell an arod glove to help pay for them

nyjetsfan14
07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
i know they are expensive but it is an investment more than anything unless they go on a ten year losing streak than i'm screwed!

Zero QB play, Ray Lewis almost in the rocking chair, and a 9 game losing streak last year...you might just be screwed :D

orioles03
07-02-2008, 08:58 PM
coming from a jets fan that hurts i thought the ravens beat them last year and about ray lewis did he have the interception to win the game dont quote me on that but if i remember that is what happned just a joke!

nyjetsfan14
07-02-2008, 09:53 PM
coming from a jets fan that hurts i thought the ravens beat them last year and about ray lewis did he have the interception to win the game dont quote me on that but if i remember that is what happned just a joke!

Nope, you're dead on, and that was one ugly game between two bad teams. But hey, we did beat the Steelers last year! Other than that just another disappointing Jets season but the worst part of it all - the New Jersey Giants win the SB. Anyhow, preseason starts next month and it can't come too soon. Have a fun and safe Independence Day, and PSL's or no PSL's good luck with your Ravens in 08.

God Bless America,
Matthew

BULBUS
07-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Well, the Giants announced the PSL pricing. Looks like I'm paying $5,000 x 2 seats, 10 G's! Plus the $600 per season increase for the tickets. Thats $12,400 for the first season, $1,240 per game!

How many season ticket holders are going to be able to afford this :confused: I'm going to have to sell my season tickets for the next two years and probably the first couple of years of the new stadium to pay for the PSL's.

I think we'll see a sold out empty stadium in a few years.

orioles03
07-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Well, the Giants announced the PSL pricing. Looks like I'm paying $5,000 x 2 seats, 10 G's! Plus the $600 per season increase for the tickets. Thats $12,400 for the first season, $1,240 per game!

How many season ticket holders are going to be able to afford this :confused: I'm going to have to sell my season tickets for the next two years and probably the first couple of years of the new stadium to pay for the PSL's.

I think we'll see a sold out empty stadium in a few years.
good luck ,i have a question for you i'm thinking about making a trip to giants stadium this year with a ravens group will it be safe to wear ravens gear and if driving up from baltimore for the day where would good safe parking be i have only seen the stadium once driving byi dont think giants fans are as bad as jets fans but you never know i've seen some stuff at ravens stadium for visiting fans so i'm kind of leary of going.i let my friend take my jersey to pittsburgh and my jersey is trashed with mustard stains so wondering thanks
pat

BULBUS
07-18-2008, 10:50 AM
good luck ,i have a question for you i'm thinking about making a trip to giants stadium this year with a ravens group will it be safe to wear ravens gear and if driving up from baltimore for the day where would good safe parking be i have only seen the stadium once driving byi dont think giants fans are as bad as jets fans but you never know i've seen some stuff at ravens stadium for visiting fans so i'm kind of leary of going.i let my friend take my jersey to pittsburgh and my jersey is trashed with mustard stains so wondering thanks
pat

hey pat,

i've been going to giants games for about 25 years now, and there have been very few incidents where i sit. you shouldnt have any problems wearing a ravens jersey unless you start taunting giants fans. then maybe your jersey will be yellow by the end of the game :D as far as parking goes, its a little crazy with the construction of the new stadium. if you buy tickets, make sure they come with the parking pass. that allows you to park in the lots surrounding the stadium. if you dont have the pass, you will have to go to the offsite parking and be shuttled to the stadium. i heard its a real pain in the butt.

BergerKing22784
07-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Football has become the rich man sport to watch at the stadium. I also live in Baltimore and my buddy has PSLs. People were willing to pay 2 to 4 times face value for his seats so I would sell them for him in exchange for free tickets.

Orioles did you get the Navy vs ND tix? Can we work out a deal for the Hairston jersey and Navy vs ND tix?

Thanks,
Brian

orioles03
07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
i got 4 talked to the ravens yesterday when they had the psl lottery for extra tix. they said they will not be mailed out until end of september. the hairston jersey is sold sorry, sold it to bph. if you want i can keep you in mind when i get the tickets the game from my understanding is sold out and no tickets are going to be sold to the public only navy allums and navy season ticket holders can get tickets