PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez Game Used 2003 Equipment bag

AROD313
07-01-2008, 10:56 PM
What's something like this worth? This is the first time I have ever seen one of these bags up for sale. It's kind of a unique item in my opinon. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110266707708&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

suave1477
07-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Steiner sells these all the time not arods but other players. In comparison to Stieners prices I would say that not bad, if I do remember correctly Steiner had an AROD or MLB had one for sale about a year ago I think it was in the $1000 and up range.

Vintagedeputy
07-02-2008, 07:59 AM
wonder what game the bag was "used" in.......

suave1477
07-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Vintage they are pretty much used in every traveling game that is why you will see so much use on them they get tossed around and flung around between traveling and thowing them around. I never seen a Game Issued equipment bag but anything is possible. I believe each player is issued one per season and sometimes are recycled when a player leaves, traded, etc....

joelsabi
07-02-2008, 09:35 AM
that was a nice piece. was surprised he accepted $300 offer. if i had seen the history of his offer he accepted i would not have been surprised. that one didnt last too long for people to look at it. next time i pull the trigger sooner.

BULBUS
07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
suave, i think vintage was being a little sarcastic. traveling bags arent used in games and yet it is "game used"????? but that brings us back to the definition of "gam used"

suave1477
07-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Bulbus oooops ok sorry i missed the sarcasm lol lol:p

orioles03
07-02-2008, 10:19 AM
i still have my bag when i traveled with the o's i could sign it do you think i could get $300? it was actually tejada's 5 bags he traveled with i took it when i was going on a trip there good bags i actually used it for a trip to ocean city last month . depending on player usually one bag some used them for a couple seasons . the person in the majors who travels with the most bags is curt schilling three bags on road trip full to the top when boston would come in i would refuse to unpack his bags it was crazy!

AROD313
07-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Geez guys of course this wasn't used in a actual game! It's a bag! I think its signed game bag is that better! Its a 2003 Alex Rodriguez game bag! Or is that crossing the game used line too! Sorry I labeled it as game used!

joelsabi
07-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Geez guys of course this wasn't used in a actual game! It's a bag! I think its signed game bag is that better! Its a 2003 Alex Rodriguez game bag! Or is that crossing the game used line too! Sorry I labeled it as game used!

to me its up there with sunglasses and team jackets, priority wise. sunglass may look go with a game used hat and maybe storing bats would be cool in a game used equipment bag. i'm not sure how i would display it. if its a good deal im taking it but if its pricey (sunglasses 1500 and steiner yankee bag 2000) i can live without it. i do not have plan of adding these items onto my priority list.

Vintagedeputy
07-02-2008, 12:29 PM
suave, i think vintage was being a little sarcastic. traveling bags arent used in games and yet it is "game used"????? but that brings us back to the definition of "gam used"

I guess I need to try harder to make my sarcasm more evident.

I've seen a few games where Arod was left "holding the bag"...could this be THAT bag? haha!

TFig27
07-02-2008, 12:34 PM
How about this bag?

(I'm a Yankee fan and was at this game, so I'm allowed to do this)

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/arodpurse.jpg

Vintagedeputy
07-02-2008, 02:15 PM
How about this bag?

(I'm a Yankee fan and was at this game, so I'm allowed to do this)

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/arodpurse.jpg

Now that is some of the best photoshopping I've seen yet! Kudos!