PDA

View Full Version : Since I'm new to Game Used items....

lambertisgod58
06-30-2008, 03:41 AM
what's the likelihood that an NFL team in the late 1990's would use more than one manufacturer for their jerseys over the course of one season? I've seen a few "game used" jerseys on eBay and when compared with GettyImages they are two different manufacturers. Your opinons and expertise are appreciated.......

both-teams-played-hard
06-30-2008, 03:58 AM
Jerseys are often re-used and recycled, so it is very likely. Also, Getty images are sometimes mis-dated.

Nathan
07-01-2008, 11:30 PM
what's the likelihood that an NFL team in the late 1990's would use more than one manufacturer for their jerseys over the course of one season? I've seen a few "game used" jerseys on eBay and when compared with GettyImages they are two different manufacturers. Your opinons and expertise are appreciated.......

Very likely; NFL teams have been known to recycle jerseys from different manufacturers while also not touching the strip tags. So it's entirely possible that something may be a legit item that has, say, a 93 tag for a player that didn't start with that team until 1997.

Thankfully, the NFL is so heavily documented in photos and videos that research is a bit easier.