PDA

View Full Version : ot; clemente figures!

momen55
06-27-2008, 09:40 AM
hey fellas;
take a look at these. i sold these recently and the buyer emailed back that i was misleading in the product description. here is the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160249218347&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

now this is what he writes back. i really don't get what he wants or is saying!
Dear momen55,

"Hello, i have to say that i thought you to be a honest person and its very hard to find , i have to say the way you listed this item i thought for sure that pkg was in great condition, but to my surprize these are considered openers to collectors, i amsure you know that and you mislead the buyer, i am trying to handle this properly without reacting, but i can not except these items in the pkg condition they are in, i am very disappointed, i paid good money for these items and i will not be able to sell them like this, you tell me what you want to do, you either want to refund me the difference for the condition or please take them back, its up to you, thank you, chuck"

what you thoughts on this? i'll just take them back and resell. his feedback being private should have been a red flag or at least suspect.

DrJ
06-27-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't collect figures, but I don't see how the listing is misleading. They look like they are packaged and not open. Like you said, I would just take them back and move on.

Tedw9
06-27-2008, 06:14 PM
I think the buyer is being a bit harsh saying you are trying to mislead anyone. But being a collector of those figures also, I know what he is trying to say, he is just not being very nice about it. Most collectors of those type figures are very sensitive about the packaging. McFarlane figure collectors, unless they are openers, want the package to have no dents or creases in them. There are some who open them to display and those folks could care less, as long as the figure is in good shape with a good paint app.

If you are going to resell them, you would do better to either lay them out and take a picture of them all and give an accurate description of each package, or just take and post a picture of each package. That way the next buyer KNOWS exactly what they are getting.

And for those who do not collect these, they make great additions to your game used items. The likeness on them are great on most figures, and the details are very accurate. I have a David Ortiz which has a bat and batting gloves just like my game used ones. They are gonna look pretty cool displayed together. But that's just my opinion.

frikativ54
06-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Just refund him the money. I'll buy one of the figurines from you; Clemente is a favorite of mine.

joelsabi
06-27-2008, 09:13 PM
action figure collectors are really picky about the condition of the package. little dings on the side of a box make a difference in their desirability to them. i dont think your description was off base. did he buy insurance?

momen55
06-28-2008, 03:19 PM
i bought a case of 12 and took 6 and sold 6. when they left my hands they were in top shape. is it possible the fedex dropped them, yes. is it probable, no.
since he deals in these, there is no doubt in my mind that he swapped his bad ones for my good ones to sell them for more money because he told me that he couldn't sell them unless they were mint. now he is trying to stiff me for a refund and to pay him to ship them back!!! what a shyster. and threatening me too!

momen55
07-01-2008, 09:01 AM
after all the drama and worse emails from buyer, he left me - feedback and won't return items! so they are not as bad as he says they are! that proves to me that the items are good and he is crook! trying to get something for nothing!

what can i do, if anything, to fix my feedback rating? ebay has set these rules in favor of buyers not sellers!

54;
when i find another figure, i will contact you, that is, if you still want to buy one. who knows, they might end up being returned.

sammy
07-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi,

You can still respond to the feedback he left you in your feedback column. State you would neg him if eBay hadn't screwed the sellers.

I have also placed him on my block bidder list, and I suggest others do the same.

otismalibu
07-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah, just respond to his feedback if that option is still available.

Something like...

Private feedback, 96.4%, nuff said

cards-bats
07-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Don't even bother attempting to get negative feedback removed. I've had so many people over the last year attempting to scam items.
My latest negative feedback was from a guy that wanted me to send an item for free or he would leave neg. feedback. I mistakingly marked the item as payment received when it had not been. I changed it back within 8 hours of the auction end and he said he would make a payment. We went around for a month & 1/2 without payment, so I filed a dispute.
After not paying & me not sending item for free, he left negative feedback. I was out the sale after having multiple bids, out the insertion fee, final value fee and I got negative feedback on top of it. He gets away with his feedback intact. Makes ZERO sense to me.

orioles03
07-01-2008, 10:36 AM
slightly ot topic sorry for what happned i had the same someone bought something from me never paid then left negative it takes forever to get your rating back up. but talking about figures in 2000 think i went to toys r us i was looking at there starting lineups when they were still in business and i picked up a mark mcgwire with a derek jeter nameplate on inside how rare is this and what would be a good price to start at on ebay thanks again and sorry for going off topic
orioles03@verizon.net