PDA

View Full Version : Arod jersey

jetersbatboy
06-24-2008, 11:14 PM
I had a few question about a arod jersey
Is it true that all yankees jersey do not have the r on the sleeve?
In 2004 did they not tag the year on the jersey for part of the season?
and does anyone got a photo?
thanks scott

suave1477
06-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Yankees Jerseys never have the R on the sleeve

In 2004 to the best of my knowledge the whole season of jerseys were tagged 2004 but its also possible a previous year jersey could have been carried over.

As far as a photo I cant post one on here not that good yet with the whole pic posting thing, but you can do a search on the forum and find them.

jetersbatboy
06-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Heres the Link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280239466251

suave1477
06-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Well there is no R on the sleeve

That is a hard call that can be a Game Issued Jersey with that tagging or it can just be an Authentic.

All my 2004 jerseys had the 2004 tag.

I think the seller might be a member here as this guy seems to have a lot of Rickey Henderson stuff and I know we have a member herre that has a lot of Henderson stuff.

jetersbatboy
06-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing maybe an authentic not a game issued.
my guess its not worth making a offer?

jetersbatboy
06-24-2008, 11:59 PM
This guy just sold a jersey that was exactly like the one he is selling now. two of the same jeresy from the same year what are the odds.

suave1477
06-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Why would you make an offer to something your not comfortable with unless you knew the seller himself and feel you can trust him.

jgoldstein2000
06-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Well there is no R on the sleeve

That is a hard call that can be a Game Issued Jersey with that tagging or it can just be an Authentic.

All my 2004 jerseys had the 2004 tag.

I think the seller might be a member here as this guy seems to have a lot of Rickey Henderson stuff and I know we have a member herre that has a lot of Henderson stuff.

He is a member here. I have bought Rickey stuff from him in the past.

sportscentury
06-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi, Guys...

It is my jersey. Thanks to Howard for giving me a heads up about this thread.

A few things:

1) Many of the early 2004 Yanks jerseys did not have year tags. If I can find photos I'll post them, but I did not save the ones I saw a few years back.

2) As for the comment about it being odd to have two jerseys of the same player, it's not odd at all. As experienced collectors well know, star players (and the teams they play for) often have many jerseys made up for them. Some end up being worn, some don't. I ended up with two of ARod's jerseys from early 2004, but I am sure that there were plenty of others. If someone had 10 of these, I could understand the comment. But only 2? In this day and age, having two jerseys of a superstar player from the same year is not uncommon at all.

3) A friend in the hobby emailed me to ask if the tagging was from 2003. It may be that there were some 2003 blanks that were made up for AROD soon after his trade to the Yankees. I'm just not sure.

4) As for the comment about it being an "authentic," it's not tagged as an authentic and it has no R, so I'm not really sure how to otherwise respond to that comment.

5) Finally, to "jetersbatboy", you in no way gave me enough time to respond to your question before posting here. Please follow the forum rules. When I awoke this morning, I replied to your question immediately (and your email to me was only sent earlier this morning). However, I found that you had already made several posts here in the mean-time. Please don't tell me that it was someone else, because I just matched your email name with your GUU account name. I don't mind responding to questions, but I would expect to be treated fairly and within the rules of GUU. I hope the GUU moderators will make a note of this.

As most of you know, I have always strived to represent items fairly and accurately. If there are further questions or concerns, or if you want to email me for any reason, please feel free to do so.

Reid

suave1477
06-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi, Guys...

4) As for the comment about it being an "authentic," it's not tagged as an authentic and it has no R, so I'm not really sure how to otherwise respond to that comment.
Reid

Hello SportsCentury,

I made the Authentic comment and I was only making an alternative suggestion of what it could be Vs. a Game Issued. Your saying its not tagged as an authentic, why isn't it because of the size or because it has the size tagging? Either way you know as well as any other educated collector any thing is possible. I agree it does not have the R on it which would lead you to believe it was a Game Issued but again anything is possible, it could be the way you folded over the sleeve maybe for the R not to show it could be a number of things.

But never once did I question your selling of the item just giving suggestions. I also pointed out to the member that I believed you were a member of this forum as a suggestion for him to find you through here and contact you directly about the item.

GrndSlm
06-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Here is a pic of my ARod jersey. Now, this is in noway disputing Reids piece because I know for a fact that many 2004 yankee jerseys were not tagged. Plus, everyone can feel safe with Reids pieces because he is a very reputable dealer and hobbyist.

thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

Yankee Road #13 from the 2004 season

sportscentury
06-25-2008, 05:40 PM
I agree it does not have the R on it which would lead you to believe it was a Game Issued but again anything is possible, it could be the way you folded over the sleeve maybe for the R not to show it could be a number of things.

Jason/Suave1477,

Are you kidding? Are you really suggesting that I folded over the sleeve to hide the "R"? The photos are accurate. My statement in the auction description that there is no R is accurate. Is it any real mystery why you have had so many problems with various GUU members? Is this how you represent yourself and your business in public? This is extremely inappropriate and you owe me an apology. It baffles me that you have not been banned from this site, given the endless number of times that you have broken the GUU rules and treated others inappropriately.

Reid

P.S. I called Darryl Strawberry last night and he told me that there is no R on the sleeve. I am sure you will believe me now!

trsent
06-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I am so confused, instead of having me re-read this thread all over again, could someone email me details of what the first 12 posts are about in detail?

Also, Jason, no disrespect, but after 2500+ posts, can I help you figure out how to post images? Email me and I'll give you detailed instructions.

Peace.

LWMM
06-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Jason/Suave1477,

Are you kidding? Are you really suggesting that I folded over the sleeve to hide the "R"? The photos are accurate. My statement in the auction description that there is no R is accurate. Is it any real mystery why you have had so many problems with various GUU members? Is this how you represent yourself and your business in public? This is extremely inappropriate and you owe me an apology. It baffles me that you have not been banned from this site, given the endless number of times that you have broken the GUU rules and treated others inappropriately.

Reid

P.S. I called Darryl Strawberry last night and he told me that there is no R on the sleeve. I am sure you will believe me now!

As far as I can see, no one is accusing you of anything; the post you reference stated first that he agreed there was no 'r', and then explained why he did not, at first glance and before your explanation, believe unequivocally in the jersey's authenticity. Even at that point, it was entirely hypothetical ("I was only making an alternative suggestion of what it could be Vs. a Game Issued").

Also, referencing your previous post ("Please follow the forum rules."), rule 16 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=99) pertains to skepticism put towards an item. Jetersbatboy did not post this for the sake of calling you or your jersey out, but merely asked
for clarification concerning 2004 Yankees jerseys (not actually referencing the specific jersey until later in the thread). I'm really not sure what the issue is; you, I am sure, have also sought 3rd party opinions on items that you have bought.

Your last comment is uncalled for.

suave1477
06-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Jason/Suave1477,

Reid

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA

Can you read at all or is your comprhension level of a 3 year old. in that post I made. I said several times in no way was I questioning you, your business practices or anything else. I merely suggested that YOU OR ANY SELLER ON EBAY CAN POST A PHOTO OF A JERSEY AND FLIP THE SLEEVE TO HIDE THE "R"
I WILL REPEAT YOU OR ANYONE CAN DO IT, IF YOU DO NOT THINK THERE ARE PEOPLE ON EBAY WHO RUNS SCAMS YOU TRULY NEED TO WAKE UP AND SMELL WHAT YOUR SHOVELING.
YOU GOT A REAL PAIR LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, IF YOU WANT TO COME AT ME NASTY!!!
I didnt do that to you and didnt deserve it to be done to me, I do not know how you wouldnt get banned for starting an attack on a forum member??? Talk about breaking a forum rule you got nerve.
As far as problems with others members there have been 2 other members I have had a dissagreement with and they were one time situations and nothing has come up about them again.

HEY REID IM SURE THE AROD JERSEY IS REAL;)

suave1477
06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
LWMM THANK YOU VERY MUCH THATS MY POINT EXACLTY.

:mad: REID WHEN YOUR READY TO MAKE A PUBLIC APOLOGY LET ME KNOW