PDA

View Full Version : BMH- Pedroia Question

kellsox
06-23-2008, 04:01 PM
BMH-
Wondering how many 2 tone S318 Signature model bats were ordered by Dustin this year. Almost all the bats that I've seen him use are all black except for the 2-tone that he's used in only a couple games this year.
Thanks in advance,
Kelly
kelspeck@gmail.com

BMH
06-24-2008, 08:10 PM
What were the colors of the two-tone? He ordered some Gwynn finish bats from us in February, the rest have been black

kellsox
06-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Appears to be Gwynn finish- The handle is natural and the rest is black. Any idea of how many were shipped to him?
Thanks,
Kelly
kelspeck@gmail.com

maccamania
07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
What were the colors of the two-tone? He ordered some Gwynn finish bats from us in February, the rest have been black

BMH, do you know if Pedroia ordered any blond M 9's.thanks:)

maccamania
12-08-2008, 01:07 PM

Brian,
do you know during 2006 or 2007 if Pedroia ordered any blond C243 bats and if so what were the sizes. 33 or 33 1/2.
thanks kindly:cool:

matt
12-08-2008, 09:02 PM
I am also interesed in this question as I bought this Blonde Pedroia M9 c243 on ebay and want to understand what the heck it is. I see he used a few in april 2007 and possibly thru 2006 and then switched to black m9's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110319468875

Thanks,
Matt

maccamania
12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I am also interesed in this question as I bought this Blonde Pedroia M9 c243 on ebay and want to understand what the heck it is. I see he used a few in april 2007 and possibly thru 2006 and then switched to black m9's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110319468875

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
His blond S318 bats from 2006 are 33 1/2 " and I believe his C243 bats were 33 ". Does your C243 measure 33".......

matt
12-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Mac - Thanks for the help. I have not got the bat in the mail yet, but am excited to check it out. I assume he also used similar blonde M9's in the minor leagues, but these should not have the "Boston Red Sox" labelling as this one I bought does. That was my logic for thinking it was late 2006 or April 2007

Matt

kellsox
12-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Since this thread has been revived, I was still wondering the amount of Pedroia Gwynn finish bats that were ordered in 08. Thanks in advance.
Kelly

maccamania
12-14-2008, 11:24 AM

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
just checking back to see if you reveived your Pedroia C243 yet and did it measure 33" like mine......

matt
12-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Mac - I just got the bat today and it is indeed 33 inches long and has some good pine tar on it. Pedroia's name and "Boston Red Sox" is foil stamped. Same as yours? From Brian's earlier guidance that Pedey stopped ordering 33 inch bats in 2006, I am thinking this is from that year or earlier. Perhaps the foil stamping on M9s stopped earlier than 2006.

I am still wondering if they would have the "Red Sox" nameplate on a pawsox bat. I am hoping that this only gets added when a player gets called up, so maybe these bats (yours and mine) are from his 2006 call-up. Could also be an Arizona Fall League bat from 2006.

Any other info you have found? My guess is that Brian is enjoying some well-deserved time off, so has not responded to these questions.

Anyone else know when foil stamping stopped on M9's and whether a AAA player gets bats with the Major League team name?

Matt

maccamania
12-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Mac - I just got the bat today and it is indeed 33 inches long and has some good pine tar on it. Pedroia's name and "Boston Red Sox" is foil stamped. Same as yours? From Brian's earlier guidance that Pedey stopped ordering 33 inch bats in 2006, I am thinking this is from that year or earlier. Perhaps the foil stamping on M9s stopped earlier than 2006.

I am still wondering if they would have the "Red Sox" nameplate on a pawsox bat. I am hoping that this only gets added when a player gets called up, so maybe these bats (yours and mine) are from his 2006 call-up. Could also be an Arizona Fall League bat from 2006.

Any other info you have found? My guess is that Brian is enjoying some well-deserved time off, so has not responded to these questions.

Anyone else know when foil stamping stopped on M9's and whether a AAA player gets bats with the Major League team name?

Matt

Matt,
Mine Pedroia has #64 on knob and top with lots of pine tar, also has steiner & mlb holos. I had a blond S318 with #64 on both ends which was 33 1/2 " which I tracked down to Sept 06 and he was called up Aug 06. Of course the MLB database is not updated yet, so I can not date the bat as of yet.I will keep you updated.....

BMH
12-16-2008, 12:12 AM
It is a good time of year to be off, in fact I'm off the rest of the year. Well, I do have to go in Friday for MLB's training on how they want the maple produced. It should be interesting since none of their ideas have been tested in the Majors. But, that's another story. It's nice to be off since I'm not allowed to take too many days off before November.

Anyway, I'm puzzled by your question on foil stamping. We've always foil stamped the end brand and MLB logo on the back of the bats. We did go to stickers for the CB a few years back.

maccamania
12-16-2008, 06:56 AM
It is a good time of year to be off, in fact I'm off the rest of the year. Well, I do have to go in Friday for MLB's training on how they want the maple produced. It should be interesting since none of their ideas have been tested in the Majors. But, that's another story. It's nice to be off since I'm not allowed to take too many days off before November.

Anyway, I'm puzzled by your question on foil stamping. We've always foil stamped the end brand and MLB logo on the back of the bats. We did go to stickers for the CB a few years back.

Brian,
thank you kindly for taking time on your vacation to help us. Could you please help us with the time frame on Pedroia's 33" C243 bats, when were they ordered & is 33" the correct size....Happy Holidays Brian !!!

BMH
12-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I don't quite understand what you mean by correct size? He orders both 33in. and 33.5in. That probably doesn't help you much, I know the answer I'm about to give you will make it worse.

These are orders for blonde C243's, I left off the black ones.

2004 = 9
2005 = 20
2006 = 30
2007 = 9
2008 = 6

kellsox
12-16-2008, 10:43 AM
BMH
How many 2 tone Gwynn finish M9s did he order this year?
kelly

matt
12-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Brian -

Thanks for the info. I guess the gist of it is that Maccamania's and my blonde 33 inch c243's could be from anytime between 2004 to late 2007 when he signed w/ H&B and started getting signature bats instead of the block letter versions we have.

Pardon my ignorance on foil stamping, but it seemed like this blonde one had a far lighter printing than my black M9's. I think he just knocked the foil off it.

Thanks for being so generous with your knowledge. Enjoy the brief respite from the season.

Matt

BMH
12-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Honestly I'd have to see the bat to tell you what type of branding it is.

Oh, he ordered 36 Gwynn finish(half black) bats in 2008. For 2009 that will be the only black finish he's allowed to order in Maple thanks to the new rules. No more full dip black bats. Actually if you read the rules it doesn't make a difference between Ash and Maple so they all have to be half dip. We will see...

matt
12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Brian - Here is the mystery Pedroia bat:

If you have any idea as to what vintage year this is, I would appreciate it, but thanks for the guidance you have already given. I was hoping this was from after his big league call-up given it had the "Red Sox" naming, but that sounds incorrect now. The branding is super thin and that bat seems unfinished with a very deep cup with very rough edges if that helps.

Your commentary about the new Maple rules is very interesting too.

Matt

BMH
12-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh, that is No finish.

That explains the foil not sticking very well, it never does. The foil holds better on lacquer.

Your bat is either from Oct. of 2005 or January of 2006.

That is another thing you all won't have to worry about too. I started playing around with stamping the date on the knobs of bats today. I still can't decide if I'm going to have them do it before or after paint. Of course on Maple it won't matter since they will all be clear or no finish. It will read like this: 12178. Nothing spectacular but it will get us in compliance.

thomecollector
12-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Brian,
Sorry to bother you. But, Is there a way that I can get a copy of the records for Jim Thome ? Are they available in a book ? Plmk. Thanks in advance for your time. Roger

matt
12-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Brian - Thanks for the help once again. It will be great if you guys add dates to the bottom of the bats. It will certainly avoid dating questions from guys like me. Hope it works out.

Matt

BMH
12-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Thomecollector:
I'm not allowed to give out full records of players. It's against company policy. If you're looking for a particular bat I can help out but it is still frowned upon by my work.

MLB and their team met with us today to go over the new rules for making bats and how to apply them. We spent the first 3 hours going over the rules and a 75 page report they conducted on the broken bats and how they affected us. It was pretty amazing, after they explained it I felt much better about going into the 2009 season. Though it's going to be weird seeing half dip bats with black spots on the handles...

It's also been decided they are going to leave Ash alone to our relief. There weren't enough multiple piece failures to address. Out of the 2200 bats collected, 67 that broke in multiple pieces were Ash.

Oh, I believe they will not be collecting bats this coming season (lack of funding) so you all should be able to get bats easier this year.