PDA

View Full Version : Restoring a 1984 Detroit Tigers Jersey

misteremu
06-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if any board members knew of a good place to send a jersey to be restored.

I have Howard Johnson's 1984 game-used Detroit Tigers jersey that was sent down to the minors to be recycled. It currently has a #34 tackle twill #'s that appear to be heat pressed or glued on, but the outline of Johnson's name and # still appear.

I would appreciate any input of a reputable place I could send this to have it restored.

Thanks,

Eric

emufan@comcast.net

ahuff
06-19-2008, 10:04 AM
I would recommend Lon Lewis. He recently did a 1986 Texas Rangers jersey for me. It turned out tons better than I could have ever imagined. Do a site search, and I'm sure you'll come across his contact info.

Nathan
06-19-2008, 03:55 PM
For what it's worth, I personally would advise against it. The reason is that we see auction offerings where the outline of a lesser team or lesser player magically becomes a star player; there tends to be a great deal of (justified) skepticism over whether or not it's the real deal.

If it's got the old name and number visible around what's currently there, there's no doubt it was a HoJo. But if what's currently there gets removed and the original stuff is restored (thus leaving the outline of the current stuff), it will look like some scrub's jersey was turned into a HoJo.

Just my two cents.

larry bourget
06-19-2008, 05:24 PM
For what it's worth, I personally would advise against it. The reason is that we see auction offerings where the outline of a lesser team or lesser player magically becomes a star player; there tends to be a great deal of (justified) skepticism over whether or not it's the real deal.

If it's got the old name and number visible around what's currently there, there's no doubt it was a HoJo. But if what's currently there gets removed and the original stuff is restored (thus leaving the outline of the current stuff), it will look like some scrub's jersey was turned into a HoJo.

Just my two cents.

Right On, Leave it Alone.

misteremu
06-19-2008, 08:41 PM
To all:

I appreciate the input....I will leave it alone...it has the correct '84 year tagging, so I guess that is what is important....I plan to put it with my Carlos Guillen 2006 World Series jersey...all I need know is a '68 game used Tigers jersey to make up the World Series years trifecta....

Eric