PDA

View Full Version : ADAM DUNN GAMER W/Auto Please i need your opinions before i spend my money.

greengrizzle
06-19-2008, 04:17 AM
Ok i just won a Adam Dunn Game used bat that was also autographed. I never expected to win it as i placed a $130 high bid on it. I did win it though and i would like peoples opinions before i spend my money on it. Please look at the autograpgh on the bat. Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170228074153&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r148/greengrizzle/a637_1.jpg

And then please take a look at a MLB authenticated gamer with a auto that is on ebat right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ADAM-DUNN-GAME-USED-SIGNED-AUTO-BAT-REDS-MLB-AUTH-ESM_W0QQitemZ290239871656QQihZ019QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohost ing

and here is a picture of it in case you dont want to click the link. Again i want to stress that i am NOT trying to say the seller is fraudgulent. Sometimes someone can have a fake auto and not even know it. so im asking you guys cause everyone here is the best. The auto kinda looks like someone copied the sognature right off the side of the bat or something. So if anybobe has any thought i could really used it before i spend all my lawn mowing money here. Thanks again,

Dan

greengrizzle
06-19-2008, 04:21 AM
opps i forgot to copt and past the image of the MLB authenticated bat. I also wanted to note that i know alot of dealers dont want to tell how they aquired there bat and also had the bat signed by the player,but some do. This seller wont tell me how he got it or how it got autoed just tells me his feedback should speak for itsself......thats it. heres the image of the MLB bat to compair to the one im about to buy

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r148/greengrizzle/dunn-gu-bat-sig-0229.jpg

Jags Fan Dan
06-19-2008, 06:20 AM
If you already won the auction, I would say you already spent the money. Not trying to get on a soapbox, just saying it's a little late to start researching the assignment after you've turned in the paper.

greengrizzle
06-19-2008, 06:38 AM
first of all. i think that is pretty obvious. Why is it every single time i post on this forum with good intentions just trying to find out some information i always get people being smart with me. i mean seriously. The guy said if i dont like my bat i can return it no questions ask. So yes i have won the the auction, but is it your business about my payments and what not. Please just dont respond if you just have something obvious to say. So because i won the auction already. I just take the bat and set it on my rack and dont research it at all.. yeah thats what ill do. Must be cause i have a Junior Member sign under my name or something or cause im not some well known memorbilia collector why i always get some type of attutude no matter what i say. Either way, if anyone has anything to say about the bats, and my questions on them. Since i respect a certiannumber of people on here and trust there opinions it would be nice to here from those people. Thanks

Jags Fan Dan
06-19-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm not trying to give attitude. And my response has nothing to do with the fact that you are a "junior member". For all I know you're 95 years old and a professional bat maker. I just wonder if you have all of these questions about the bat, why did you bid $130 on it? That's all. I have bought and sold on eBay for a long time so that is the question that came to mind. Like I said, I don't know you from baby Buddha, so I'm certainly not trying to imply that you're an idiot.

As for the signature on the bat, I can't say it's fake, but I do agree that it looks like somebody took their time trying to copy the sig on the bat. Just my opinion.

camarokids
06-19-2008, 09:00 AM
If the sig turns out to be no good , it is real easy to remove silver or gold ink .

Use some Virgin Olive Oil with a soft rag and a No. 2 Pencil Eraser .

I assume the bat is good , the sig is suspect after seeing the ESM sig .

ESM did have a signing with the guy ......

I don't follow Dunn stuff , but compare the sig to other examples, then draw your own conclusion .....

Vintagedeputy
06-19-2008, 09:14 AM
If you already won the auction, I would say you already spent the money. Not trying to get on a soapbox, just saying it's a little late to start researching the assignment after you've turned in the paper.

That has to be one of the top 5 replies I have ever read. Kudos Dan!

As for the sig, I think its bad but I'm not an expert on Dunn by any means. Just looks too perfect.

nyjetsfan14
06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
first of all. i think that is pretty obvious. Why is it every single time i post on this forum with good intentions just trying to find out some information i always get people being smart with me. i mean seriously. The guy said if i dont like my bat i can return it no questions ask. So yes i have won the the auction, but is it your business about my payments and what not. Please just dont respond if you just have something obvious to say. So because i won the auction already. I just take the bat and set it on my rack and dont research it at all.. yeah thats what ill do. Must be cause i have a Junior Member sign under my name or something or cause im not some well known memorbilia collector why i always get some type of attutude no matter what i say. Either way, if anyone has anything to say about the bats, and my questions on them. Since i respect a certiannumber of people on here and trust there opinions it would be nice to here from those people. Thanks

Dude, could you be any more rude? Enjoy your fake signature. Maybe next time you should do your own homework before you commit instead of having those select few you respect bail you out after you've already won the auction and insult those who respond to your post in a way you don't find beneficial. Oh and by the way there is a reason you suprisingly won an ESM auction with a curiously low bid.

platinum1
06-19-2008, 09:41 AM
The autograph looks bad. The person used a paint marker and took there time signing the bat and that's why the lines look fat. But if the bat is real it's a steal because you can always scrub the sig off. also if you won the item you should pay for it you had enough days before the auction ended from the date you placed your bid. I'm just speaking as a seller and hate when someone doesn't pay for an item.

bigtruck260
06-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Guys -

This seller has been visited before on GUU.

Mikita Sports has guys like Ryan Braun under contract..

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=10339&highlight=mikita+sports

camarokids
06-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Oh and by the way there is a reason you suprisingly won an ESM auction with a curiously low bid.

The auction he won was NOT an ESM auction . The sigs on the ESM bats looks legit while the one he won is suspect .

ESM listed another DUNN bat yesterday....

The bat he won was sold by MikitaSports....

GG - I will say your response to Dan was not called for , he was only stating the obvious.

You should have known someone would point out the fact that you won the auction , so you are legally bound to purchase the said item ....

The bat you won looks nice , just remove the signature .....

Everybody play nice now !

suave1477
06-19-2008, 10:22 AM
So because i won the auction already. I just take the bat and set it on my rack and dont research it at all.. yeah thats what ill do.

I thought this had to be the funniest comment of all.

BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID DO!!!

You didnt do any research before winning the bat or you could of came to the forum before winning the bat for advice but no you didnt.
So since it wasnt a priority of yours before why is it now????

I am not looking to argue with you I am just curious after you made such a statement.

skyking26
06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Ok i just won a Adam Dunn Game used bat that was also autographed. I never expected to win it as i placed a $130 high bid on it. I did win it though and i would like peoples opinions before i spend my money on it. Please look at the autograpgh on the bat. Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170228074153&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007

And then please take a look at a MLB authenticated gamer with a auto that is on ebat right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ADAM-DUNN-GAME-USED-SIGNED-AUTO-BAT-REDS-MLB-AUTH-ESM_W0QQitemZ290239871656QQihZ019QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohost ing

and here is a picture of it in case you dont want to click the link. Again i want to stress that i am NOT trying to say the seller is fraudgulent. Sometimes someone can have a fake auto and not even know it. so im asking you guys cause everyone here is the best. The auto kinda looks like someone copied the sognature right off the side of the bat or something. So if anybobe has any thought i could really used it before i spend all my lawn mowing money here. Thanks again,

Dan
I Dunn bat. Most if not all Dunn gamers I see are absolutely hammered. Rarely do you find an uncracked one. Most have an intricate tape job that completely covers the handle. The signature looks copied. Does not look like Dunn auto's I have seen from Elite (who have done things direct with Dunn). What bothers me about the bat auction is lack of full length photos. RK

bigtruck260
06-19-2008, 11:47 AM
So if anybobe has any thought i could really used it before i spend all my lawn mowing money here.

Dan

Dan -

What did the seller say when you contacted him about your doubts? If he is willing to let you back out of the deal (I would not) why even bother posting here? It is pretty obvious that you are not 100% on it...

It's a good lesson for you - and anyone new to the hobby.

If you have doubts about it after you bid, (and I don't condone this unless it is an emergency) you can always retract your bid. At least if you retract, you save the seller the hassle of dealing with the fees and re-listing the item, etc.

As far as bashing you...it serves no purpose Dan. You are obviously pretty young if you are still cutting grass for a living. You must understand that these guys are being hard on you for your own good. This type of thing is discussed here in nearly every category every day at some point...it becomes a dead horse after a while.

D

greengrizzle
06-19-2008, 02:48 PM
NoNo please dont think im not going to pay for the item. Dont assume that. Ive worked hard for my 100% positive feedback rating with 313 positives from selling and buying. I asked the guy before i even bid if i could pay on friday and he said that was cool. Second of all for the hotshot that again wanted to call me rude. Just leave me alone. PLease talk baseball memorbilia with me. I dont care about people personal opinion's about "Myself" I mean Good God" for real. I researched the bat a little bit. enough to throw a $130 bid on it. I know the bat is real. Ball bark Heroes has the same model bat for Adam Dunn for $299 and i thought that was a good price so even if i did win this bat for $130 i was going to worry about the signature...now..tomarrow. whenever i wanted too. I mean 90% of you guys have been a blessing to my love for baseball and my passion in collecting. The other 10% all seem to have to jump a thread to express there faults and opinions on someone elses charector.
I cant type, cant spell to well, Bid sometimes without thinking. SOOOO What. I did think about this one too. I feel i did great. And if the auto is fake. I will enjoy it oh so much...just for the guy that thinks hes a computer gangster. I can only imagine how perfect of a person he must be. Must say all the right things, do the right things all the time. Make a 5 page intenerary on the completion of his day from brushing every tooth equally in the morning till fluffing the plillow aproxmently 28.725% of the normal size befroe he goes to bed. God i wish i was perfect. Anyhow. THANK YOU so much to the members that gave me you feedback about the bat its so appreated. I have looked and looked at the auto more and more and viewed it against so many of his auto cards. The auto just looks to forced and identical to the imprinted sig on the bat. Even to the point of how the "Dunn" is hapfway into the "Adam". But what stands out the most when i compair all his autos is the "A"
Any more opinions on the bats would be great. Asked the seller again about where he got it signed and how he got the bat still wont awnser

dan

AWA85
06-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I saw that bat and didn't give it the time of day. I have a pretty good size Dunn collection going and to be honest with you, I have NEVER seen a Dunn signature that looks anything like that. It is odd that the seller didn't give better pictures or details to the bat. Like stated earlier all Dunn bats seem to be hammered with use and not many uncracked bats make it to the market. Taped handles are not a major point as he changes that often. It would be interesting to see the markings on the top or bottom of the bat, that would be a big key to telling a little more about if the bat was ever really used.

Lesson learned, research your items before you even think about making a bid.

greengrizzle
06-19-2008, 02:53 PM
yeah the lack of pictures is the main thing that i asked for before i bid. No i wanted this bat either way. the fact that it was sign ed was a bonus. I saw that BPH had the same model bat so then I made bid. if i got it for less than $130 thats what i was wiulling to pay for it. i know the lack of pictures and tape on the bottom and he said that his number is on the bottom of the handle and i didnt think he did that. But the seller said if i didnt like it he would refund me. I dont think i can go wrong with that. And if it is fake. Remove it and get it sign by him when i get the chance.

greengrizzle
06-19-2008, 03:09 PM
someone please explain where i said i WAS NOT GOING TO PAY FOR THE ITEM. second of all if people have the right to come onto my thread, EVERY SINGLE TIME. not some of the time but EVERY SINGLE time i post something theres that one or two people that have to show some type of bullying and point out some flaw about myself rather than responding the the post about the hobby i love to death. I have ever single right to to say how that makes me feel.

AND PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET ON ME. And NEVER said i didnt do any reaseach on the dunn bat.before i bought it. SOMEONE ASSUMED THAT AND SAID IT TO ME. I navigate through pics and autos, mlb.com and other sites like its the last thing ill ever do. I come to you guys AFTER i do my own research. I made the decision to buy the bat even after i OBVIUOSLY saw that the auto does not look like anything i can find on Dunn. I respect most of you guys so much to not start a post without doing as much homeworrk myself.

AND THEN...SOMEONE ELSE ALSO MADE UP THAT I SAID SOMEWHERE THAT I WASNT GOING TO PAY FOR THE ITEM. Isnt that smearing someone right there. I dont know what else to say. I sure as hell arnt going to say "im going to find another webste", cause im sure ill get "Fine we dont want someone "LIKE ME" on "OUR" websire anyways." Actually for the people i respect on here ill kindly put up with internet gangsters. lol. tanks for the help to those that game it

AWA85
06-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Green, shoot me an email at AWA85@live.com sometime.

greengrizzle
06-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh and Mr Perfect Nyyorkjets or whatever your name is. I never won the ESM auction. Obviously scolded me for being rude and not doing my recearch and you could even understand my post like everyone else.

skyking26
06-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh and Mr Perfect Nyyorkjets or whatever your name is. I never won the ESM auction. Obviously scolded me for being rude and not doing my recearch and you could even understand my post like everyone else.
Green grizzle: Don't let the negative guys get you down here. Ignore them or just try to learn from the forum. Some have a tendency to be negative.

I think Dunn is one of the most underrated players in the game. 4 straight 40 HR seasons, almost 1/2 way to another and you still never hear his name?? Better for us. That will keep prices lower. Howard Wolf just had a beautiful 05 alternate on ebay a few weeks back, went for under $500. Unreal. While there is a co. on ebay that has Dunn stuff and I amongst others have had issues with their customer service - I believe all their stuff to be legit. I have seen batting gloves, helmets, bats all available.

RK

Jags Fan Dan
06-19-2008, 04:17 PM
With a high degree of confidence, I want to re-assure you that nobody on this forum has a vendetta against you. The implication that you had won the auction and then might not pay for it came from your initial post:

"I did win it though and i would like peoples opinions before i spend my money on it."

My only point in my reply was that I felt that you already HAD spent your money on it by winning the auction. If you didn't really mean to say it that way, that is my bad. I know things can get lost in translation sometimes.

Back to the whole point of the thread: I agree whole heartedly with your assessment of the signature. I also agree that even without the signature you got a good deal on the bat. Congrats!

Vintagedeputy
06-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Why do I feel more and more like I typed www.beckett.com (http://www.beckett.com) by mistake?

Dewey2007
06-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Well at least you won't have to worry about being outbid by BlueJays GM J.P. Ricciardi for any future Adam Dunn memorabilia

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080507&content_id=2655965&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Vintagedeputy
06-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Well at least you won't have to worry about being outbid by BlueJays GM J.P. Ricciardi for any future Adam Dunn memorabilia

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080507&content_id=2655965&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I neither agree or disagree with what the GM said, but I admire a man that has the stones to speak his mind.

Jim

AWA85
06-19-2008, 05:06 PM
You admire another GM that goes out of his way to put down a player that has done nothing to his team or organization? You have got to be kidding me, I see no need for any office worker on another team to be commenting about other players. He could have easily said they were not interested in Dunn instead of painting some big picture of a player that is not on his team. I think it was coward less, can even guess how you think that shows "stones".

skyking26
06-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Being in an AL city (Detroit) I don't hear alot on Dunn and have to go out of my way to get stories. As a lifetime Dave Kingman fan and collector, the similarities with Dunn and other sluggers are many. I think he has many great qualities. 4 straight 40 HR seasons on his way to 5 would be a start. His shortcomings balance out. May not be a HOFer but not everybody is. We can't dispatch every player who we think will not make the Hall. Kingman did not stay employed for 16 years for being a nothing.

The beauty of this story is this: the Reds will soon be taking on the Jays, and hopefully Dunn will make them pay. Let his bat do the talking. Back in the 80's the GM of the Mariners said Kingman was a "mistake hitter." Kingman got mad, and went on to destroy the Mariners every chance he got thereafter. He said himself it kind of lit a fire. Sometimes the worse thing a guy can do is open his mouth, and someone in a GM position should know better...

Vintagedeputy
06-19-2008, 06:50 PM
You admire another GM that goes out of his way to put down a player that has done nothing to his team or organization? You have got to be kidding me, I see no need for any office worker on another team to be commenting about other players. He could have easily said they were not interested in Dunn instead of painting some big picture of a player that is not on his team. I think it was coward less, can even guess how you think that shows "stones".

What I said, was that I'm not commenting on what he said, but the fact that he had an opinion on something and stated such. Too many people keep their opinions to themselves in the politically correct world we live in. Its refreshing to see someone speak their mind. I may not like the message, but I'll defend his right to say it.

I wouldnt mind having Dunn on the Nationals right now though.

AWA85
06-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Give it time, it seems like most Reds end up with the Nats at some point. :D

skyking26
06-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Reds should have traded Dunn when they could get something for him. Bottom line is he is one guy, and they'd be better off to trade him for pitching or whatever as they are not winning with him or Griffey. I don't see the Reds in Dunn's future. Will they lose him to free agency and get NOTHING?

Vintagedeputy
06-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Give it time, it seems like most Reds end up with the Nats at some point. :D

I do not doubt that one bit.

Imagine, Reds in Washington DC........what would Sen. McCarthy say to that! :)

The Reds to Nats list is long.....

Wily Mo Pena
CJ Nitkowski
Felipe Lopez
Austin Kearns
Dmitri Young

am I missing anyone?

both-teams-played-hard
06-19-2008, 09:46 PM
GreenGrizzle
Don't sweat the comments. Yesterday was a full moon. It makes folks get a little salty. Talk to the seller. Ask some questions. The ball is in your court now, because sellers can't leave negative feedback (which sucks). Remove the autograph and enjoy your game issued bat.
My advice is: Don't cut the grass in bare feet!
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4199/fullmoonmq8.jpg

jppopma
06-20-2008, 02:51 AM
Dan A little word of advice on sellers offering to allow you to return an item. If they are dishonest and selling you a bogus item, what would make you think that the same dirtbag will honor his word on the return. (I know that there are protections through Paypal and credit cards, but they are not a sure thing). That's the beauty of this site to young or new collectors like you...learn from our mistakes, we've all made them. Just enjoy the bat, signed unsigned or whatever. Your feelings and enjoyment of it mean more than anyone else can ever say.

As for the sig...you already knew the answers you got. It looks way way too deliberate.

helmets
06-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Dude you wanted opinions on the bat before you spent your lawnmowing money - meaning you had intentions of not paying for the bat that you are contractually obligated to buy per your Ebay user terms and conditions that you signed when you illegally signed up as an underage ebay user. Quit the double talking. Pay for the item, do your research, grow up, and quit whining.

camarokids
06-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Dude you wanted opinions on the bat before you spent your lawnmowing money - meaning you had intentions of not paying for the bat that you are contractually obligated to buy per your Ebay user terms and conditions that you signed when you illegally signed up as an underage ebay user. Quit the double talking. Pay for the item, do your research, grow up, and quit whining.

His name is Dan , NOT dude !

I think he was bashed enough without you having to chime in .

I bet he will learn from his mistake , lets move on ......

Dan , I agree with what BTPH says , also don't let some of the people on this forum bring you down ......

mvandor
06-20-2008, 09:39 AM
His name is Dan , NOT dude !

I think he was bashed enough without you having to chime in .

I bet he will learn from his mistake , lets move on ......

Dan , I agree with what BTPH says , also don't let some of the people on this forum bring you down ......

Those that questioned our young friend did so understandably, no one was bringing him "down". When you start asking questions AFTER auction close in the way he did the implication of non-payment if the forum questions the item is clear and deserving of comment.

And yes, this horse is dead and needs no more beating, but let's not defend a situation that's undeserving. Dan was very thin skinned in his response.

AWA85
06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Aaron Boone
Brett Boone attempt
Leather Pants himself
Ryan Wagner is probable still floating around your sytem, injured or in the minors.
One that got many Reds fans laughing is the recent minor league signing of Pokey Reese.

camarokids
06-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Those that questioned our young friend did so understandably, no one was bringing him "down". When you start asking questions AFTER auction close in the way he did the implication of non-payment if the forum questions the item is clear and deserving of comment.

And yes, this horse is dead and needs no more beating, but let's not defend a situation that's undeserving. Dan was very thin skinned in his response.

I agree Dan deserved some of the bashing . I myself thought "why are you asking questions now" ???

But we all make mistakes ....

His responses were off the mark and totally not called for . I did not want to jump on the guy anymore than what he already received .

I believe Dan is a younger member and new to the site .

We need more young collectors to keep the hobby going !

I think I remember hearing about other collectors NOT paying for items after the fact of bidding . Cause they found out the item they bid on and won was no good .....

I think it was the guy who won a Babe Ruth bat ?????
Anybody remember ????

Also what about collectors forum members have contacted about an item on ebay that was no good , which resulted in the bidder not buying the item ???

My point is that others have backed out of paying after finding out an item was not as advertised ......

Dewey2007
06-20-2008, 04:13 PM
greengrizzle,

For future reference if you are interested in what looks like a great game used Dunn bat check out this one that Tim of HOF Bats has for sale.

http://www.hofbats.com/sale2.html

It looks like a nice one. You can check out his feedback on the forum. Good luck.

Dewey

frikativ54
06-20-2008, 05:09 PM

Dan

Wow - you guys are really being jerks to Dan. A buyer makes a purchase, and suddenly guys who don't even know him are moralizing and telling him it is his obligation to pay if he wins an item. This is hardly the case. If one is caught selling fake goods, then there is nothing wrong with backing out of the deal. Of course you are legally obligated to pay in regular circumstances, but if someone is selling misrepresented or fraudulent items, then backing out of the deal is your right and duty. Furthermore, there are no consequences, since sellers cannot leave negative feedback. Since the item was misrepresented, I'd say back out. There is nothing immoral with saving your lawn money for the real deal. Good luck and happy collecting!

AWA85
06-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Furthermore, there are no consequences, since sellers cannot leave negative feedback.

Wow, this is exactly why ebay needs to get rid of this new feedback system. Just ruins honest sellers!

mvandor
06-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow - you guys are really being jerks to Dan. A buyer makes a purchase, and suddenly guys who don't even know him are moralizing and telling him it is his obligation to pay if he wins an item. This is hardly the case. If one is caught selling fake goods, then there is nothing wrong with backing out of the deal. Of course you are legally obligated to pay in regular circumstances, but if someone is selling misrepresented or fraudulent items, then backing out of the deal is your right and duty. Furthermore, there are no consequences, since sellers cannot leave negative feedback. Since the item was misrepresented, I'd say back out. There is nothing immoral with saving your lawn money for the real deal. Good luck and happy collecting!

Is that the way your generation sees it? Bid first, then ask your questions?

AWA85
06-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Got to love the grouping of generations, take us all down. Think this thread needs to go, seems like it is falling apart.

greengrizzle
06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
ok im not even going to bother responding to the people that still feel the need to "teach" me. My older brother owns that ebay acount so you dont need to tell me thast im doing something illegal.

Anyhow i was checking this guys feedback and it seems he was already sold this bat and gotten feedback for it. I mean its exactly the same bat as the one i won...heres the link. Explain that one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120266299621#ebayphotohosting

frikativ54
06-20-2008, 08:36 PM
ok im not even going to bother responding to the people that still feel the need to "teach" me. My older brother owns that ebay acount so you dont need to tell me thast im doing something illegal.

Don't worry about it, man. When I was 13, my Dad let me have an eBay account under his name. I did okay for a while, but when my grandmother died, things started to fall apart. I ended up buying $300+ worth of baseball cards over a couple of months, and didn't realize how much I had spent. We had to close down the eBay account shortly after my 14th birthday, and I never paid for the stuff.

Was it a mistake? Yes. But my Dad let me use eBay again, under his own account, when I was 15. In 8 years, I've never had a problem since. The point: people make mistakes. There are some times when people don't research an item as much as they should, or when people make bad decisions. That doesn't mean that they should be flamed or made to feel like they are losers. Treat people nicely, and help them learn.

Write the guy a polite note saying you are backing out of the deal, because you now have evidence that the bat has a forged signature. Do your homework next time, and get something you will really enjoy for your personal collection. I find that saving my money and getting something expensive is much better than buying something that's cheaper that may be a fake, and is probably something that I won't like as much. Have fun collecting, and spend some time reading the archives on this site. I think you will learn a lot here! Good luck with your collection.

-Frik

jppopma
06-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I still don't get what the problem with him wanting the information after he purchased the bat. I didn't see anywhere that he refused to pay for the item, just the seller had offered to refund if requested.

First, I not defending any of the deadbeats out there on Ebay...I know there are way too many. If a seller offers a return policy with the item, why not go for it and complete your research once you have the item in hand. There are alot of things that don't show up on a picture or can be missed in descriptions (espcailly if you are looking to photomatch). I have actually required some sellers to include a review and return option on items that I have been less than 100% sure about.

Most of us have at some time or other went out on limb and taken a chance on some items. Sometimes you find out some good news later on, other times you learn that you have been had. It's all part of business and life in general.

Welcome to the hobby grizzle and like others have said, don't let any of it get you down.

greengrizzle
06-27-2008, 09:46 AM
OKOK....looks like i need to respond again. I never said i wasnt going to pay...matter of fact i paid for the bat last friday already and its sitting next to me as of right now. ALL THIS IS THAT HOW YOUR GENERATION SEE IT. BUY AND THE ASK QESTIONS LATER?. I mean seriously you take one example, this Adam Dunn bat situation and classify it as that what "I" ALWAYS do. Sir or whoever you people are. This is the first time ive ever had a situation where i won a auction and the realized something with it was amiss.I mean seriously, I pride myself in my ethics and personality and care for other people and for people to take on situation and tag a whole generation is just proof of someones close-mindedness and tainted and judging opinions. And thats ok if thats how you feel. but to continue to try to voice that and to degrade someone on a public forum to try to have other people view your negitive opinions...instead of just commenting on the subject i started the thread on, the Dunn bat. I was going to pay for the bat no matter what. I just wanted more info and opinions on it so i could ask to return it if there was something wrong with it.

MOVING ON ABOUT THE BAT. ok im going to take my pictures of it. I was speaking to a Adam Dunn Bat collector on this site and would be privliged to hear his opinions. I mean im sure this "not-real" looking auto will come right off, and the bat isnt taped like most dunn bats. But right on the part above the TPX area the bat is frick'n pounded. Ive never seen a bat where is looks like it was hit so hard there is almost looks like a indention in the bat. the grain is like.......i got to take a upclose pic of it. ALSO Ball Park Hero's has a bat just like it. Same style everything. And it has the same markings on the handle and top of the bat, and BPH isnt taped either. So the question is...take the auto off and have a game used bat of Adam Dunn for 100$...cause the seller was like "Look, its fine if you want to return it...but seriously where else are you going to find a Dunn bat for 100$. Im going to take the pics now

AWA85
07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Green, are you still around? I lost you email, shoot me one if you have the time at AWA85@live.com

frikativ54
08-02-2008, 07:55 PM
MOVING ON ABOUT THE BAT. ok im going to take my pictures of it. I was speaking to a Adam Dunn Bat collector on this site and would be privliged to hear his opinions. I mean im sure this "not-real" looking auto will come right off, and the bat isnt taped like most dunn bats. But right on the part above the TPX area the bat is frick'n pounded. Ive never seen a bat where is looks like it was hit so hard there is almost looks like a indention in the bat. the grain is like.......i got to take a upclose pic of it. ALSO Ball Park Hero's has a bat just like it. Same style everything. And it has the same markings on the handle and top of the bat, and BPH isnt taped either. So the question is...take the auto off and have a game used bat of Adam Dunn for 100$...cause the seller was like "Look, its fine if you want to return it...but seriously where else are you going to find a Dunn bat for 100$. Im going to take the pics now

Did you ever ask for a refund, given that the bat's signature and tape job have no correlation to Dunn's use characteristics whatsoever? How did this situation turn out? I would be interested in talking with you; you can just email me at lazukor@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Frik