PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii

jetersbatboy
06-17-2008, 01:00 PM
are there any other game used collector from hawaii on this site, or does anyone know of any other game used collectors in hawaii

thanks scott

PK
06-17-2008, 01:42 PM
There are a couple on gameworn.net who live in Hawaii.

Rob who goes by hawaiianhockey, he is from Buffalo and lives in Hononulu and one other that goes by incogneito hockey I believe. I think they both collect more than just hockey

Vintagedeputy
06-17-2008, 03:18 PM
You need to shout out to Island Style - Ron is the Hawaii guy!

jetersbatboy
06-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the info guys i guess there are just not that many game used collectors from hawaii out there.

Thanks Scott

brianborsch
06-17-2008, 09:31 PM
I too am originally from Hawaii. My father is the late Ferd Borsch who was a semi-famous sportswriter in Hawaii.

jetersbatboy
06-17-2008, 09:57 PM
I think i rember him but he might have bin aruond when i was young...
But i due rember Les Kiter He i

jetersbatboy
06-17-2008, 09:59 PM
I think i remember him but he might have bin around when i was young...
But i due remember Les Kiter He is still around. what part of hawaii are you from?

kswarriors
06-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Ron Samiano and I are the only ones I know. I collect Dodgers game used stuff only and live/work in Honolulu.

Derrick.

jetersbatboy
06-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Scott, Kaneohe Hawaii, and I collect the yankees

brianborsch
06-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I was born and raised in Kaneohe. Went to St. Ann's right by the Windward Mall.

BB

jetersbatboy
06-17-2008, 10:33 PM
I went to Ben Parker across the fire station

brianborsch
06-17-2008, 11:46 PM
I know exactly where that is! The Police station and the library are close by there as well!

jetersbatboy
06-18-2008, 12:03 AM
well nice to meet you

brianborsch
06-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Nice to meet you too! ;)

island_style
06-18-2008, 05:02 AM
Aloha, jetersbatboy, and welcome to this incredible site. In my opinion, this is THE site for our hobby.

As he mentioned, Derrick is in Honolulu, and I had the opportunity to meet him while I was working in Downtown. As a former employee of the Dodgers, I completely understand his desire to collect Dodger items.

Brian is understating his dad's celebrity status as a writer here in Hawaii. His dad was very famous over here. I have not met Brian yet, but hope to in the future.

Rex Shinmon is another local who I'd like to mention. I've acquired some nice items from him. Thank you, Rex.

We all know GameUsed as one of the authorities on Manny Ramirez bats. He is also a Hawaii resident on Kauai, where my family is originally from. Bobby, I will be in Kauai in August for a few days.

There are some other eBay members who collect Hawaii game used, but I am not sure if they post on this site. I've lost track of how many times I was outbid by them!

I live in Honolulu (Salt Lake/Moanalua) and now work in Pearl City. I've met Derrick and Rex, and I would welcome the opportunity to meet more collectors here in Hawaii. Maybe we can all coordinate and get together.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

jetersbatboy
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Seeing as in the last year Game Used Forum, has had about 2000 or new members. So I figured I would ask this again, so who's from Hawaii?:D

eagles33
12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
I am also from Hawaii and currently reside in the islands, although my collection revolves mostly around the under-represented sport of hockey (at least around these parts). However, I also collect some baseball jerseys, and occasionally bats, from former Hawaii Winter Baseball players. Additionally, I have a few UH jerseys from the major sports, although I wouldn't call myself a big collector of Warriors items.

I'm also the guy to contact about Hawaii Winter Baseball jerseys, in case anyone's interested :)

brianborsch
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey,

I wish I would have jumped on those Eric Young HWB jerseys now. As soon as one was sold I regretted it. I really wanted both.

Maybe I will come across them one day.

BB

HawaiiSportsNut
12-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi, I am Rick from the Big Island. I have a large collection HWL memorabilia & autographs. I believe that I may have the very first item that Ichiro signed on US soil. I got a foul ball from the very first HWL game at the Hilo Stars game & was the first person by the dugout when Ichiro came off the field. Being an avid photographer I took a ton of photos & had them signed by the players.

-Rick-

Sincityson
12-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Anyone from Hawaii have any thoughts on the new GBL team? Will it be popular? etc..

HawaiiSportsNut
12-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Anyone from Hawaii have any thoughts on the new GBL team? Will it be popular? etc..

Forgive my ignorance but what is the GBL team? Thanks.

joelsabi
12-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Forgive my ignorance but what is the GBL team? Thanks.

Golden Baseball League and Maui is fielding a team in 2010. GBL made up of teams mostly in California and Arizona. Talk about a road trip.

Sincityson
12-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Golden Baseball League and Maui is fielding a team in 2010. GBL made up of teams mostly in California and Arizona. Talk about a road trip.

Travel expenses will be up there.. It will be interesting to see if it will actually work, hopefully it will!

HawaiiSportsNut
12-08-2009, 12:54 AM
I really would like to see how it'll work out with traveling expenses flying between the states. The Hawaii Winter Baseball League could not handle the expenses flying between the islands before calling it quits. Plus the stands were not filling up with fans as well. I really miss the HWB it gave the baseball fans in the middle of the pacific a chance to see a lot of emerging major league stars & superstars before they made the big show. We had the chance to see emerging stars like Ichiro Suzuki, Adam Kenney, Joba Chaimberlain, Todd Helton, Kazuo Matsui, Jason Giambi, and a whole lot more current MLB players. If there is going to be only one team in the state it might be hard to get a real fan base. Either way I honestly hope it works out then they might be able to expand to 2-3 teams in the state.

jetersbatboy
12-08-2009, 01:16 AM
I really would like to see how it'll work out with traveling expenses flying between the states. The Hawaii Winter Baseball League could not handle the expenses flying between the islands before calling it quits. Plus the stands were not filling up with fans as well. I really miss the HWB it gave the baseball fans in the middle of the pacific a chance to see a lot of emerging major league stars & superstars before they made the big show. We had the chance to see emerging stars like Ichiro Suzuki, Adam Kenney, Joba Chaimberlain, Todd Helton, Kazuo Matsui, Jason Giambi, and a whole lot more current MLB players. If there is going to be only one team in the state it might be hard to get a real fan base. Either way I honestly hope it works out then they might be able to expand to 2-3 teams in the state.

Don't count out HWB yet!!!!! I have heard from a very good source, it maybe back as early as this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

topekabob
12-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Hey Hawaiian collectors! In the spirit of Christmas: I've got a great Maui Stingrays "game worn" hat that I'll send to the first person who wants it who posts after this post. Story behind the hat: I bought it at former MLB player and long-time coach Ken Berry's yard sale (among other items). Whether he coached the Stingrays or was just there doing hitting/outfield instruction (he's been a roving instructor for several teams along with regular coaching) I don't know and it's got some wear. He told me everything on his "jersey" table he had worn, so that's the story. It has all the proper tagging and is a beauty.
Topekabob

HawaiiSportsNut
12-08-2009, 04:47 AM
Hey Hawaiian collectors! In the spirit of Christmas: I've got a great Maui Stingrays "game worn" hat that I'll send to the first person who wants it who posts after this post. Story behind the hat: I bought it at former MLB player and long-time coach Ken Berry's yard sale (among other items). Whether he coached the Stingrays or was just there doing hitting/outfield instruction (he's been a roving instructor for several teams along with regular coaching) I don't know and it's got some wear. He told me everything on his "jersey" table he had worn, so that's the story. It has all the proper tagging and is a beauty.
Topekabob

How much you asking for the hat?

Thanks,
Rick

HawaiiSportsNut
12-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Don't count out HWB yet!!!!! I have heard from a very good source, it maybe back as early as this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be nice if they would make a comeback. The last I heard from the main office was that they were done for good. The cost was too much for maintaining the league & the gate revenue wasn't there.

-Rick

topekabob
12-09-2009, 12:52 AM
That's fine. I'll find a Ken Berry fanatic for the hat, wherever he/she may be!

HawaiiSportsNut
12-09-2009, 01:10 AM
topekabob - I emailed you my address. Please let me know if I owe anything for shipping.

Thanks,
Rick

jetersbatboy
08-22-2011, 07:03 PM
are there any other game used collector from hawaii on this site, or does anyone know of any other game used collectors in hawaii

thanks scott

There's been about 2000 new members since this was last bumped, so I was wondering if we had any new Hawaii guys?

solarlottry
08-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey guys I live in Hawaii on Oahu and have for many years. My dad's family came here from NY in the 70s so i followed for residency at KMCFWC. I then did some additional training in Miami for 4 years and have been back since 2005. I am a pediatric anesthesiologist at TAMC and Straub. My wife is a local girl and we have a 3 year old son-Kai!

I know and have done business with Rex and have met up with beaglegypsy003 but thats it.

Rex told me about another 49er collector out on the West Side but have yet to meet him.

Maybe we should all get together at some point!
Aloha
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

PS-the dangers of taking images of your gamers with a then 2 year old around!

beaglegypsy003
08-25-2011, 09:42 PM
My name is Lester and my forum user name is beaglegypsy who Paul is referring to. The focus of my collection is former University of Hawaii football players. College, NFL, CFL, Arena, etc.

jetersbatboy
08-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Hey guys I live in Hawaii on Oahu and have for many years. My dad's family came here from NY in the 70s so i followed for residency at KMCFWC. I then did some additional training in Miami for 4 years and have been back since 2005. I am a pediatric anesthesiologist at TAMC and Straub. My wife is a local girl and we have a 3 year old son-Kai!

My name is Lester and my forum user name is beaglegypsy who Paul is referring to. The focus of my collection is former University of Hawaii football players. College, NFL, CFL, Arena, etc.

Aloha, Lester and Paul!