PDA

View Full Version : Jeter jersey on ebay

scottfukuda
06-12-2008, 02:13 AM
can anyone take a look at this jersey and tell me if its real, listing said it had a steiner sticker but it fell off. but i have never heard of that has anyone else?

scottfukuda
06-12-2008, 02:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Derek-Jeter-NY-Yankees-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-Steiner_W0QQitemZ270244876278QQihZ017QQcategoryZ60 597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sorry forgot to leave the link

hrvatwill
06-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I have both heard of that and experienced it myself. Fortunately, I was able to eventually find the sticker but in a somewhat damaged state and I can well imagine that if/when I go to sell the jersey, a prospective buyer or two may be concerned by its condition (I still have the original letter). I wrote to Steiner asking for a replacement hologram but never received a reply to my e-mail, although my understanding is that others have had more luck in this regard.

allstarsplus
06-12-2008, 05:57 PM
I have both heard of that and experienced it myself. Fortunately, I was able to eventually find the sticker but in a somewhat damaged state and I can well imagine that if/when I go to sell the jersey, a prospective buyer or two may be concerned by its condition (I still have the original letter). I wrote to Steiner asking for a replacement hologram but never received a reply to my e-mail, although my understanding is that others have had more luck in this regard.

I have also had holograms come off the fabric and it has happened many times on Yankees pants.

Conversely, before Steiner changed to a "Game Used" Hologram, having the hologram on a jersey didn't guarantee game used as it could have been game issued.

An Original letter was your best proof along with photo matches. We have discussed this issue many many times as the system was flawed. Glad they finally listened and changed it!