PDA

View Full Version : ok Posada collectors....

Vintagedeputy
06-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm sure everyone has seen this already. Traits look good except for the amount of wear and tear on the name area. Looks alot more worn than by typical tapping on your cleats.....thoughts? Used by someone else?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JORGE-POSADA-YANKEES-2007-GAME-USED-BAT-POUNDED-STEINER_W0QQitemZ220244934636QQihZ012QQcategoryZ60 596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yanks12025
06-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Looks fine to me, if you look at some of his 2007 bats that fellow collectors own on this board alot of them have that on his name, meaning all the cleat marks.

suave1477
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I would say the cleat marks look just right, I don't see a problem. Thats just about the normal wear and tear Posada puts on his name. Not to say he does it to every bat but does it too a lot of them.

I believe the seller is or was a member here.

3arod13
06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Why would you question it? Comes with a Steiner COA.

Or is your concern that someone could have roughed it up afterwards?

One good reason Steiner should add pics to their COA's.

BULBUS
06-11-2008, 03:52 PM
hey all,

this is my bat. i originally got it directly from bob malandro at steiner, sold it, then bought it back. i have handled several posada bats and a few of them had cleat marks all over the signature area like this one. however, this one must have been used in the rain and there is mud/dirt in all the indents including the branding. its a pretty sweet bat and i'd like to hang on to it, but i have a couple other posadas and could use the $. any other questions, let me know. donnie23fan@yahoo.com.

thanks,
chris

Vintagedeputy
06-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I guess the mud and dirt in the dents threw me off. Just looked more "cleated up" than the usual Posada bats. For a half-second, I thought maybe someone else who bangs his bats around more used it after Posada. Great bat though.....Its a beaut. if I had the cash, I'd hit the BIN.

Jim