PDA

View Full Version : This Just Bugs Me!!!!!!!

jetersbatboy
06-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Why do people only sell one game used batting glove or cleat. it almost never comes in pairs. why!!!!! i understand you get more money for selling it separate but they use TWO gloves and cleats during a game only seems logical to me you need TWO.

MikeSimon
06-11-2008, 12:34 PM
If I'm 100% certain a player wears two shoes and/or two batting gloves during games, I just won't bid on or buy that item. It can be frustrating, but....

3arod13
06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I never understood why batting gloves and cleats aren't sold as a pair. I wouldn't want just one either.

orioles03
06-11-2008, 12:46 PM
i don't like it but i bought two styles of pro bowl cleats they were the left foot only but i am kind of glad i did because they display nice have pro bowl logo on tounge and one is a size 15 that is the only time i bought something like that i think they were samples to show the players what they have for the game they are nice looking have a chrome finish

Sheffield11
06-11-2008, 12:53 PM
i understand you get more money for selling it separate.

Well this seems to be the exact reason why this happens. For example, i just a few pairs of gloves and i specifically asked for single COA/LOA's. It is proven that single gloves sell for more money. It might not be your thing or anyones thing on the forum but the truth is that someone will buy them and pay more money. I have no problem buying or selling single gloves for my collection or otherwise, Sometimes it is just a cheaper way of getting somebody you really want such as jeter or arod, because you only pay around $25 extra for a single and while a another glove may run over $300.

cards-bats
06-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Just tell everyone that the gloves are Jim Abbott game used gloves.:rolleyes:

David
06-11-2008, 01:13 PM
As someone who sold a lot of baseball cards, my favorite buyers' pricing story is when I had a 1950 strip of 11 small baseball cards originally sold in gumball machines. The strips with perforated edges separating the cards included Babe Ruth, DiMaggio and Cobb. I wanted to sell it whole so I put the strip on eBay with a minimum bid of $90 with no bids. I relisted it for $60 with no bids. As I couldn't find a buyer I finally took apart the cards along the perforated edges and put the cards up singly. The DiMaggio sold for $140, the Ruth for $125, the Cobb for $95 and the rest for about $90.

Sheffield11
06-11-2008, 01:21 PM
As someone who sold a lot of baseball cards, my favorite buyers' pricing story is when I had a 1950 strip of 11 small baseball cards originally sold in gumball machines. The strips with perforated edges separating the cards included Babe Ruth, DiMaggio and Cobb. I wanted to sell it whole so I put the strip on eBay with a minimum bid of $90 with no bids. I relisted it for $60 with no bids. As I couldn't find a buyer I finally took apart the cards along the perforated edges and put the cards up singly. The DiMaggio sold for $140, the Ruth for $125, the Cobb for $95 and the rest for about $90.

Good post David. You see Jetersbatboy, this is just how it is. There are more people out there that are willing buy single things and if you really want to be a good collector you will either have to find the limited pairs or suck it up and collect whats available.