PDA

View Full Version : Jose Lopez Bat Records

proberts@satx.rr.com
06-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I am brand new to the website and brand new to collecting bats. I am only going to concentrate on Louisville Sluggers. Here is what I have:

Louisville Slugger 125 M9 Rock Hard Maple Powerized
Genuine M110
Jose Lopez in Block Letters
Seattle Mariners

Maple TPX Major League Logo

Completely colored black. No markings on the barrel tip or the knob.

Here are my questions:
How do I determine when Jose Lopez used this bat and what quantity was ordered? Are there any other models that Jose Lopez has ordered or is this the only one?

Thank you in advance. I hope these questions are not unusual or stupid as I am just starting out.
Paul

MSpecht
06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi Paul--

Welcome to Game Used Universe.

As a quick and easy reference for dating bats, I recommend the easy-to-use feature on Birdbats.com-- here is the link

http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats/Birdbats/Identifying%20Gamers.htm (http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats/Birdbats/Identifying%20Gamers.htm)

Also, one of the most valuable resources available for Hillerich & Bradsby Louisville Slugger bats is the recent book authored by Vince Malta. A review of the book can be found as a "sticky post" at the top of this forum.

The bat you describe, without seeing a photo, has labeling consistent with the early part of Lopez' career, around 2004. The exact information you are looking for is available here, however the forum member with access to the most current (2000-present) H & B records is currently on vacation and will be gone for approximately two weeks. I am sure he will be able to better pinpoint the information upon his return. in the meantime, possibly other forum members have some insight into Lopez' specific orders,

Good Luck, and we look forward to your participation on the site. As a new member, I would suggest that you will find many informative posts on all aspects of game used collecting, including bats, by utilizing the "search" function at the top of the page, as well as looking over the "Expert's Corner" blogs which can also be accessed from the top of the page.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

proberts@satx.rr.com
06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Mike,
Thanks a lot for the link to the website. I didn't even realized that the center labeling was a decal. When the gentleman returns from vacation, do I re-post my query or will he go back through and check the posts? Already, I am increasing my knowledge with this site's help! Thanks again, Paul

proberts@satx.rr.com
07-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Still hoping for this information. Thank you in advance.