PDA

View Full Version : Yuniesky Betancourt Mlb.com HELP !

Cubanfan
06-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I am looking to add a Betancourt jersey to my Cuban born player collection.MLB.Com has a jersey from the Latin Heritage game on May 31th. What I found strange it is a size 50 ? He is 5'10 195 :confused: Also do they usually have 2 shirts made up for these "special" games? I was told by a fellow collector that the players usually keep their gamer and the back up is auctioned off.Any help is appreciated. Gracias !

Carlos

Always buying Cuban born players and 1993 Marlins

Vintagedeputy
06-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Hey Cubanfan,

sorry to hijack your thread, but do you think that you could put a date and/or price on this for me?

http://www.cubanball.com/Images/Teams/Habana1.JPG

Jim

Spiezio23
06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Carlos,

I can't help in the way of knowing if more than 1 set was made for this special themed game. They however used the same Majestic/Size tag photo for all of the jerseys listed currently, no way Richie wears a 50 lol.

Since there are only 2 days left I don't know if you'd get a reply via email but I'd say it'd be safe to assume that the actual size is smaller.

On a side note, the Mariners team store has "Marineros" jerseys that are blank and are 0062 coded with the 2008 team property tag. I'd be very cautious of buying ANY "Marineros" game used/issued jersey that wasn't MLB authenticated.

-Jeremy Morgan :cool: