PDA

View Full Version : Tigers authenticated signing pens or sharpies??

Sincityson
06-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Does anyone actually collect the pens or sharpies that the players sign with? I don't think I've ever seen them offered, or the suggestion of an offer as with the Tigers email this evening. I guess everything has it's own market & clientele..

kylehess10
06-07-2008, 04:14 AM
It might be a good idea, but I've never thought about it before. But after just now, I've realized that maybe if you had the money, framing a signed piece with the marker itself would be very interesting.

allstarsplus
06-07-2008, 06:00 AM
This sounds familiar..............oh yah, Terrell Owens famous endzone "Sharpie" going up on auction.

The authenticated pen could be a cool piece to frame in a shadowbox with your signed item.

Since you are talking about the Tigers, what is someone willing to pay for a Magglio Ordonez authenticated used Sharpie?

skyking26
06-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I received the same email. While it is great that the Tigers are players in the GU world, I did not know whether to laugh or cry at the idea of a sharpie being offered for sale. Unreal. A stretch to say the least, and one that makes me a little ill.

If DiMaggio, Williams or Mantle were alive today and the sharpies were available from a signing they did, I would not give you more than nothing for it. Absolutely ridiculous.