PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This Seller's FAKE Stuff!

frikativ54
06-06-2008, 03:09 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110247589718

This makes me really, really mad. The seller uses photographs of him with two athletes to sell fake signatures of those very athletes.

Evidence that this is fake:

1) Same pressure applied
2) Shaky pen
3) Not consistent with actual signatures

What would the best course of action be? Should I notify the high bidders? Should I write eBay?

As big fans of these players, I can't help but be upset. Look at his other auctions...he is making tens and tens of fakes.

bigtruck260
06-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Hey Frik -

I feel your pain...

The worst part is that there is really nothing you can do. Ebay no longer allows to to email buyers and tip them off...I actually recieved warnings back in the day for tampering with a transaction when I did.

You just have to tell yourself that the person who is buying it will eventually learn a valuable lesson in life. Fake autographs have been around since the beginning of signature collecting...and there are plenty of resources out there to help anyone who is just starting out.

There is no excuse for not being educated - especially with the advent of the internet.

I used to email sellers too...and SUPRISE, many of them are not the sharpest people in the world. In fact, most of them have convinced themselves that they are selling authentic items. It's almost a sickness, like pathological lying.

Same goes for the GU world. Do your research, or find out the hard way.