PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Los Angeles Dodgers Jacket Question

commando
06-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi all,

I have the chance to purchase a Dodgers jacket, but know little about them. Let me say that I see no reason to believe this is a game-used item, though the 1960's era tag on the inside does intrigue me a little.

There is nothing on the outside back of the jacket, and no uniform numbers are anywhere to be found. There is just one tag in this jacket -- a Goodman tag in the inside neck. It does appear that another tag that hung below the Goodman tag was taken off (size tag?) Jacket shows moderate wear but no abuse.

The jacket is a beautiful vintage item. Does anyone know for sure if this is a retail item? Thanks! -- Anthony

both-teams-played-hard
06-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I have seen game used and retail Dodgers jackets with this Goodman tag. I think a gamer would have a NOB or a blank swatch in the collar with a uniform number, handwritten. Because of the plastic zipper, I would date this jacket to the 70s or early 80s.

commando
06-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info, sir!

flaco1801
06-06-2008, 02:19 PM
i think that danny goodman jacket was a stadium purchase, i believe he had a store in the stadium and is a retail jacket just my opinion tho...