PDA

View Full Version : Ny Jets Curtis Martin Question

HENMICK44
06-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey I'm Checking For A Friend. How Much Would A Curtis Martin Jets Game Used Jersey Go For And Where Can I Find One????thank You For Any Information.

HENMICK44
06-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Can Anyone Tell Me How Much One Would Go For????????????

both-teams-played-hard
06-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Can Anyone Tell Me How Much One Would Go For????????????
Sir
I Assume You Did A Google Search Of Past Sales From Online Auction Houses And Maybe This Very Forum. I Think This Would Be A Good Place To Start. It Has Only Been 6 Hours Since Your Initial Post.
Have You Searched The Archives Of This Forum? If I Recall Correctly, Someone had An Unwashed Martin That Smelled Like Skunk And Lemon Juice.
I Don't Know The Answer, But I'll Guess $500.

Good Luck

Jags Fan Dan
06-06-2008, 09:14 AM
If I recall, American Memorabilia has sold a few and they all went for close to or over $2k.

HENMICK44
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Wow That Much? Guess I Better Start Saving My Pennies.

Jags Fan Dan
06-06-2008, 12:27 PM
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auctions.asp?aucsearch=curtis+martin+jersey&AucListType=all&TitleDesc=0&period=&tfm_orderby=&tfm_order=

Check these out.

scottanservitz
06-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Although it wasn't the Jets gamer you needed info on, I bought the '97 Pats gamer. It is the highlight of my collection, I waited until I found one with good provenance. A Jets gamer just sold on Grey Flannels auction for $1,200+ which I think is a good price, but it didn't have any extra documentation with it. I think Martin is a good investment right now as I see them only going up when he enters the Hall of Fame. Be very leery when buying one of the Jets jerseys as I have seen a lot of team issue ones for sale on eBay. He is 4th all time in career rushing yards, and as more and more teams are going to the two platoon systems to keep fresh legs in the game, players of old who carried the brunt of the time are becoming less and less prevalent. This is going to keep big yardage rushers down somewhat. LT is obviously one exception to the rule, but his jerseys are downright expensive. I think guys like Warrick Dunn and Corey Dillon are bargains in the collecting world. I have a Dillon but would like to add a Dunn to my collection in the future. And even his jerseys are starting to go up. Anyways, good luck finding a nice Martin for your collection and make sure to let us know when you find one.
Scott

HENMICK44
06-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks Scott For The Input.