PDA

View Full Version : GameUsed Hockey jersey question

platinum1
06-04-2008, 10:04 PM
I dont collect hockey jersey and I have no idea about them. But Im being offered this jersey. Is the jersey gameused or just a retail jersey? What should I be looking for?

platinum1
06-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks in advance

mailman93
06-04-2008, 10:13 PM
I would say its a retail jersey. Game worn hockey jerseys don't have the authentic tag in the collar. I'm not a Hawks expert, so I don't know what size Roenick wore back then. Ask for more pics, see if theres any wear on it. I would stay away, from the pics I see. Did He tell you what year the jersey is from? Then you can narrow it down very quickly. Also the Hawks usually give out Letters with their jerseys. Ask about the story behind the jersey. hope that helps. Take care Dan

platinum1
06-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks I asked how he obtained the jersey all he said was that he got it after a game.

jppopma
06-04-2008, 10:44 PM
I am not sure about the Blackhawks or any tagging, but I was told before the retail and gamer NHL jerseys will have different NHL logos on the bottom hem. The gamers had the shield and the retail ones had NHL on a puck. Maybe you can get a better picture of this and others will know if this is a sure tell way or not.

mailman93
06-04-2008, 11:02 PM
This jersey looks like its from the early too mid 90's. Gamers and authentics had the same CCM and NHL shield on the back hem. The main red flag, is that authentic centre ice tag in the collar. All retail jerseys have this. Did he get it from Roenick himself, or from the team store? How well do you know the seller? too me it looks like an authentic jersey, you buy from the store. If he got it right after the game, it should show wear on it. Ask for more pics. Thanks Dan

BarryMeisel
06-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Platinum1,

Is there anything written in marker behind the NHL shield?
Does there appear to be a patch removed from the front right breast?
Is there a bar code inside the jersey, either on the fight strap or where the fight strap connects to the back of the jersey?

These questions need to be answered, and the jersey looked at more closely, for a hockey authenticator - which we are - to determine authenticity. But I am not confident this is a gamer.

---The Hawks marketed their jerseys in this era, and there should be a number of year marked in black marker behind the NHL shield.
---The Hawks wore patches on their jerseys in 1990-91, 1991-92 and 1992-93, so the absence of patches would eliminate these seasons.

I'll be happy to help. Please let me know if you can add more information to the discussion.

Barry Meisel, MeiGray

Nathan
06-05-2008, 10:01 AM
The patches that Barry refers to are as follows.

1990-91 (NHL All-Star Game)
http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/1/485/full/2044.gif

1991-92 (NHL 75th Anniversary)
http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/1/491/full/4893.gif

1992-93 (Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary)
http://sportslogos.net/images/logos/1/486/full/5943.gif

Neely8
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
I collect mostly hockey game worn jerseys (not Blackhawks though) and at first glance as posted earlier the presence of the Center Ice tagging in the neck could be an issue, the CCM neck tag appears very crisp (indicative of no washing), and a size 50 would seem a bit small for a Roenick gamer. The most important thing though is does it show any legitimate wear?