PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Braves "Jerseys Off Our Backs" THIS SATURDAY, June 7th

kylehess10
06-04-2008, 05:13 PM
This Braves annual "JERSEYS OFF OUR BACKS" game is this Saturday, June 7th. For those of you who don't know the deal.....tickets will be sold before the game for (I think) $3 each, or 2 for $5. Random ticket numbers will be called each half inning and if your number is called then you win the jersey off a players back following the game.

AWA85
06-04-2008, 05:39 PM
How many tickets are you buying Kyle?:D

TFig27
06-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Kyle, you taking any raffle tickets orders?

shoremen44
06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Anybody know if any other teams are doing a similar promotion this year?

whatupyos
06-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Kyle,

Forget jersey's off our backs...I know you really want to attend shower sandles off our foots day?? haha, just kidding.

I know the A's just had a jersey's off our backs day last homestand. I had a ticket and was going to attend but the player whos jersey I wanted was in AAA at the time, so I didn't go.

I know the DBacks do a Jersey of our DBacks day, but I don't know how they operate it. The A's operate their silent auction style until the last out in the 7th.

Aaron

kylehess10
06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Kyle, you taking any raffle tickets orders?

Well I would but just to let you know ahead of time, if I have your winning ticket, I'm just gonna say it was one of my own that I purchased :D

frikativ54
06-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Well I would but just to let you know ahead of time, if I have your winning ticket, I'm just gonna say it was one of my own that I purchased :D

Email me - I'll give you a few bucks.

jppopma
06-04-2008, 10:47 PM
I wonder if the Braves jerseys will be special one game use for the promotion or if they give out their 1st set jerseys. I know the Tigers give out special ones that even have a SB on the tagging to designate that it is from the Shirt off the Back promotion. Anybody know what other teams do?

Vintagedeputy
06-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Nats did this last year. I made 3 offers to the winners and no one would sell.

BIGSTIG
06-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Chicago Cubs had one of these this year, on 4/21 against the Mets. They did not promote it at all, was a complete surprise when I walked through the gate and was handed a scratch off card. They handed out 20,000 cards and there were 25 winners. My buddy was one of the winners.

He took his scratch off card to the winners table to claim the prize, they pulled a random name and it was Henry Blanco ( I know probally the worst player he could of gotten). Anyway, they send it to you in the mail...well 3 weeks later he gets his package, and it wasn't Blanco's jersey. It was Kevin Hart's (pitcher who was up from the minors that game) He was thrilled, at least he has potential. (We are not big fans of Blanco's) if you couldn't already tell.

kylehess10
06-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Just got back from Turner Field. I decided not to stay for the game because it was way too hot out and I was getting tired. But, they're doing the "Jerseys Off Our Backs" differently. They were selling the tickets outside of the stadium, and they were scratch-off tickets and not the regular raffle tickets like they've done in the past. I bought 7 and didn't win :(