PDA

View Full Version : Larry Walker Wanted

Dreamerfan
06-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I am looking to try to get some game used items of Larry Walker. I currently have 5 bats of him from the Rockies. I would like to get an Expo bat and a St. Louis bat. I am also interested in Jerseys,hats and what ever else catches my eye. I do have game used to trade as I have three Todd Helton game used bats.

yankees159
06-03-2008, 06:42 PM
HI Shoot me an email I think I can help you out.

Tjwinnie@aol.com

cigarman44
06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
There is a Cardinals Galen finish bat here in Springfield Mo that the shop want 300.00 for. Nice bat. Think it is uncracked. Let me know if you want me to look into it or get you some pics.

Joe

hdavid_27
06-04-2008, 12:08 PM
I have a cracked M9 with Cardinals LOA if interested email for pics $350 shipped

NegleyPirate
06-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I am looking to try to get some game used items of Larry Walker. I currently have 5 bats of him from the Rockies. I would like to get an Expo bat and a St. Louis bat. I am also interested in Jerseys,hats and what ever else catches my eye. I do have game used to trade as I have three Todd Helton game used bats.

Hello,
shoot me an email. I have a Walker game used Sam bat, maybe we can trade.. thanks,
mike

allstarsplus
06-04-2008, 09:26 PM
This is a MLB hologram'd game used playoff bat. He hit at least 1 HR w/ a Rawlings red ring.

Dreamerfan
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
There is a Cardinals Galen finish bat here in Springfield Mo that the shop want 300.00 for. Nice bat. Think it is uncracked. Let me know if you want me to look into it or get you some pics.

Joe

I tried to send you a pm on the bat but it says that you do not recieve them. Yes I am interested in the bat. Please email me at

dreamerfanecw@yahoo.com

Thanks

Dreamerfan
06-07-2008, 11:23 PM

Joe

This is a MLB hologram'd game used playoff bat. He hit at least 1 HR w/ a Rawlings red ring.

Yes I am interested in the bat please email me at dreamerfanecw@yahoo.com thanks

Dreamerfan
02-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Still looking for his game used equipment. I am especially an expos and cardinals bat or game used hats,helmets or again Expos or Cards jerseys

Thanks

xpress34
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Looking to move my Walker and Helton stuff to concentrate on other ventures:

1997 GU Jersey w/ AU from his MVP Season w/ Rockies LOA:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/Walker971.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/Walker972.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/Walker973.jpg

1996 GU & AU Hat w/ Rox LOA - RARE Leather Head Band - 2 Autos:http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/C_Cubed_Productions/Memorabilia/Hats/WalkerGUHat1.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/C_Cubed_Productions/Memorabilia/Hats/WalkerGUHat2.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/C_Cubed_Productions/Memorabilia/Hats/WalkerGUHat3.jpg

And I have one GU Bat - non AU - that Larry gave me (No COA):

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/C_Cubed_Productions/Memorabilia/Bats/WalkerGULS1.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/C_Cubed_Productions/Memorabilia/Bats/WalkerGULS2.jpg

Let me know if you have any interest...

- Chris

xpress34
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
BTW - is this Dreamer from SCF???

- Chris

Dreamerfan
02-26-2009, 11:53 AM
BTW - is this Dreamer from SCF???

- Chris

Yes it is

Dreamerfan
02-26-2009, 11:55 AM
I am really interested in the hats for sure

NegleyPirate
02-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Dreamerfan, any interest in my Larry Walker game used uncracked Sam Bat PSA/DNA John Taube COA??? I'm looking to get a Soriano signed game used Cubs bat or money to help fund a Soriano.

Thanks,
Mike

Rboitano
02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
That blonde Walker bat is a store model.

xpress34
02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
That blonde Walker bat is a store model.

I know that - it was also used by Larry in ST years back. Don't ask me why he did, but Rockies Game Used stuff - and you can check this with the Rockies - is littered with store model stuff - including jerseys - because the team was VERY cheap on what they would spend (obviously they still are - Holliday's gone).

I've talked to many people including Allen (now the Visiting Club House Mgr) for the Rox, Paula (former Main Dug Out Store Mgr) - by the way, the Dugout stores are OWNED by the Rockies and their FT employees rcvd NLCS rings just like the players - Tina (current Main Dug Out Store Mgr) and others who have told me many stories of club house attendants from the Rockies having to either go to the store or Aramark (who runs the DryGoods Store @ Coors Field) to get a Jersy, Hat, bat or whatever for a player because they had given away their last one to a charity or a visitor or whatever.

I'm definately not looking for big time GU Bat $$$ on this bat. But it is what it is...

- Chris

TOYOTATruck07
02-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Chris,
How much for the walker jersey?

xpress34
02-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Chris,

Toyota -

Looking for $1,200 but willing to negotiate.

I personally think that's a fair price since his 'regular' gamers sell for $750 - $1,000 + pretty regularly - AU GU normally break $1,000

I've yet to see another '97 w/ the AU and MVP inscription from his MVP Season.

For FULL DISCLOSURE (due to an earlier Thread) YES, I have put this jersey on my back ONCE - and yes, I was wearing a tee shirt under it! ;)

Also, the Rockies LOA is a SCANNED COPY. I have mentioned this in other posts as well - I have been in the practice for years of scanning all of my LOAs/COAs for Insurance purposes and such.

The Original for this jersey and the hat were part of about 5 or 6 LOAs from the Rockies that were in a box on the floor of my basement when we moved into our house that got soaked when a pipe in the basement sprung a leak. All the paperwork in the box was destroyed by water damage.

The jersey was not in the basement yet when this happened, just boxes of balls, paperwork and holiday decorations...

Unfortunately (like most places) the Rockies will not replace Lost or Damaged LOAs - and (also like most places) the Rockies now have the following paragraph on their LOAs:

"Please be aware that the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club will be unable to authenticate any subsequent sales or transfers by Buyer to a third party."

Prior to the 2002 (?) maybe 2003 season, James Kellogg (Director of Merchandising for the Rox) wrote and signed all of the LOAs and did not include that statement.

Since then, Aaron Heinrich (Asst Director) started writing the LOAs and added the above paragraph.

I know Aaaron and he indicated to me it was done because of (as previously discussed in other threads) all of the various tagging the Rockies used - and a lot of players gave away their jerseys personally - they had tons of requests for LOAs.

If you have serious strong interest, please feel free to IM me or eMail me - xpress34@comcast.net

All the best -

Chris

xpress34
02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
I am really interested in the hats for sure

Dreamer -

I am looking for around $400 for it, but willing to negotiate.

As stated below about the jersey, this is one of the items that the original LOA was destroyed in my basement flood but I do have a file copy I can print that was scanned into my computer...

Or I can eMail you the scan if you buy...

- Chris

xpress34
02-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Dreamer -

I know I mentioned it a little bit earlier - and I can take better pics and send - but this hat is unusual compared to ALL other Rockies GU Hats I have had (and I've owned probably 20 or 30 different ones over the years - in fact I just sold Galarraga, Castilla and Steve Reed) in that it has a LEATHER headband...

The only other hats I've had or own with Leather Headbands are VINTAGE KM Pros and such from the 60's and 70's...

I don't know (and I have tried to research it) if this was a special order thing by Larry or what...

Also, I was just looking at my COA / LOA scans and this is actually a 1998 Gamer... I believe I listed it as a '96 Gamer earlier...

- Chris

xpress34
02-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Chris,

Toyota -

I forgot to mention - in case you are unaware of this - about the buttons on the jersey.

I do not believe that any other team has done this before or since, but the Rockies did do one thing right - even with their jacked up tagging - while they wore the Russell jerseys.

EVERY Home White - Reg or Alt (this does NOT apply to Purples or Blacks or Road Greys) that came through the club house have UNIQUE Cream Colored buttons rather than the standard Pearlescent White.

And those Cream Colored buttons are all stamped around the outside edge 'Colorado Rockies'. As far as I have ever been able to find out, you as a consumer could not buy or order those buttons - they had to come on a Gamer or Clubhouse issued jersey.

- Chris

Dreamerfan
02-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Toyota -

I forgot to mention - in case you are unaware of this - about the buttons on the jersey.

I do not believe that any other team has done this before or since, but the Rockies did do one thing right - even with their jacked up tagging - while they wore the Russell jerseys.

EVERY Home White - Reg or Alt (this does NOT apply to Purples or Blacks or Road Greys) that came through the club house have UNIQUE Cream Colored buttons rather than the standard Pearlescent White.

And those Cream Colored buttons are all stamped around the outside edge 'Colorado Rockies'. As far as I have ever been able to find out, you as a consumer could not buy or order those buttons - they had to come on a Gamer or Clubhouse issued jersey.

- Chris

Send me a email to dreamerfanecw@yahoo.com and we can talk about the hats

xpress34
02-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Dreamer -

Just got home a bit ago... taking som more pics of the head bands for reference...

I'll eMail you in a bit...

- Chris

Rboitano
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Just listed a 2003 Larry Walker bat on ebay.