PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Greg Smith game used jersey

DrJ
06-01-2008, 07:32 PM
I am looking for a Greg Smith game used jersey, he currently plays for the Oakland A's. If you have one available, please send details and the price. Thanks.

apcjr-guf@yahoo.com

DrJ
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
It's been a month and still looking for this. Prefer an Oakland A's jersey but would consider a minor league jersey. Thanks.

AthleticsFan
07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
It's been a month and still looking for this. Prefer an Oakland A's jersey but would consider a minor league jersey. Thanks.

DrJ,

The A's sell most their game used jerseys at their annual fan fest so you would be hard pressed to find one now. However, it's possible that there might be a special event jersey such as Jackie Robinson or TBTC day jersey out there.

Good luck!

DrJ
07-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I work with his uncle who has a minor league jersey of his, so I'm racing to beat him to the A's jersey:) . I'm sure he'll get one eventually, but he won't sell...

godwulf
07-05-2008, 12:15 PM
After the 2006 Olympic qualifying tournament (capped off by our win against the Cubans in Havana), U.S.A. Baseball auctioned off a lot of jerseys, caps, and a few bats of the players who participated. I wanted to get the jerseys of all three of the Diamondbacks prospects, and I managed to win the auctions for the jerseys of Mark Reynolds and Mike Bacsik, but I was outbid on Greg Smith's jersey. That's one that got away that still bugs me...although I must confess that having the lineup card from the U.S. dugout for the final game against Cuba does take some of the sting out. :D

I watched Greg pitch a beautiful game toward the end of the Fall League last year, and got him to single-sign a ball for me - I was certain he was going to be up in the Majors this year...I just thought it would be with the DBacks. :(